Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
They teach great sportsmanship at Ohio State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,264

They teach great sportsmanship at Ohio State

Dec 13, 2019, 6:46 AM

I give you Woody Hayes

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=304338050205426

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZyvWzpAHck

http://mvictors.com/woody-the-tantrums/

At least Urban Meyer would take coaching ethics to another level at Ohio State.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-sp-urban-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-gators-retirement-20181204-story.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They teach great sportsmanship at Ohio State

Dec 13, 2019, 7:13 AM

Interesting that the source is "The History and Culture of Michigan Football."

yeah, I was thinking it looked "shopped"***

Dec 13, 2019, 7:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 7:39 AM

Woody was always mad because he couldn’t find pants that were long enough to cover his socks

Dec 13, 2019, 8:13 AM

So somewhere the story is that the Bauman 'taunted' the Buckeye players and that's whey Woody punched him? Really? I never heard that one before. And the film makes it clear that Bauman intercepted the pass then was tackled into a the Ohio State sidelines without any visible taunting at all.

Hayes was an excellent hard-nosed coach who lost it late in his career. Tearing up the downs marker? Punching a camera man? Punching Bauman?

The parallels between Bobby Knight and Woody Hayes are striking. Must be a Big Ten thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 8:20 AM

I was near the top row in the end zone during that cold cold game. It was on our drive home the next day that I found out from the radio woody actually hit Bauman. We had no idea, no sports center, no instant highlights.
We did see a scuffle on the sidelines but could not tell what happened.

Holy smoke...

Dec 13, 2019, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: They teach great sportsmanship at Ohio State ]

"....Bauman 'taunted' the Buckeye players and that's whey Woody punched him?" Whoever made that up needs to be punched like Woody hit Charlie. That's absolutely false.

Bauman won't even talk about it to this day because he didn't like Hayes getting fired. That's not the kind of guy who taunts.

Dec 13, 2019, 8:35 AM

Bauman didnt taunt them as facebook says. The old crank just lost it and started swinging as soon as 58 got up. And if you watch the other footage you conclude he got fired not just for the punch as his other previous stuff was pretty bad too. It was a pattern of behavior and it happened because the punch followed a mediocre season. It made it easy for them to fire him. That punch after a 9-2 or 10-1 season and he's back for another year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 8:36 AM

Oh and given that behavior lets name the football building after him and put him in the ring of honor at the stadium. That is Ohio State in a nutshell

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,264
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic