Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Didn’t realize The FL Swamp Facility was called The Steve Spurrier Stadium!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Didn’t realize The FL Swamp Facility was called The Steve Spurrier Stadium!

Nov 9, 2018, 3:33 PM

whoa!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

u5c named their indoor practice facility after him...

Nov 9, 2018, 3:35 PM

even after he quit mid year and walked-out on the university, the players, recruits, coaches and fans.

Talk about whoa !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: u5c named their indoor practice facility after him...

Nov 9, 2018, 3:49 PM

Spurrier has been my bane. My first ever Clemson game was the 17-21 loss at Duke. Then even growing up as a skins fan gave me more eternal suffering. But give that man some respect, he could coach. Anyone that could keep SCAR above .500, win a conference title at Duke, and a natty...

Still, you know the Coots are bad off when they name their facilities after another Schools legend player/coach. They love having cast-offs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 4:27 PM

I graduated from Clemson years ago and love the Tigers, but you know, we have benefitted from another school's people. Do Howard, Pell, Ford and Swinney bring a certain institution to mind?

Nov 9, 2018, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c named their indoor practice facility after him... ]

Being honest here. I like ole Steve. He is funny. He has provided me numerous hours of laughing at his nonsense.He is like an old school NWA wrestler. His feuds with Alabama, Tennessee, and Clemson were more Hollywood than genuine. He is kind of like football's drunk version of RIC Flair.

They play like they only practice indoors***

Nov 9, 2018, 5:18 PM [ in reply to u5c named their indoor practice facility after him... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny thing...all the Gator fans down here hated his guts

Nov 9, 2018, 4:01 PM

...after he gave them the middle finger and went to USuC. I guess time heals all wounds plus they probably feel sorry for him after that USuC debacle.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i like Coach Spur more & more due to...

Nov 9, 2018, 5:27 PM

his age is close to mine..realizing he was having fun with DaBO & us more than not..beat us square up even when we had more skill players imho..was a good sport when he came onto field to aid in the coin flip in Final 4 last year & fans booed him but he just grinned..

and more so when he invited DaBO as one of his two special guests last year at his induction into the ? HoF.

The guy rubs you wrong but rubs you right a lot too (that grin did it both ways)..and i know he has a great wife who was a Queen to the Coot Players..and he has a fine Family..and he’s had unreal great success in the world of football playing & coaching.

Saying..Live & Let Live!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was that before or after they

Nov 9, 2018, 6:06 PM

lost to Ga Southern?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic