Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
They have to get the bats going.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,429

They have to get the bats going.

Apr 11, 2018, 2:32 AM

I am not going to over react to one loss but they have to figure something out at at the plate if they want to move past the first weekend in the NCAA. I really thought the Davidson, Williams and Beer stretch of the order was going to be scary good and it still may be but man has it been disappointing a lot of the time. I am going to blame the trip to Notre Dame just because it makes me feel better but it wouldn't surprise me if the reschedules and sub-freezing degree weather had at east some negative affect on some of the guys. Well see what happens but hopefully they get it going because this is a team that could truly challenge IF they can get the bats going and be the threat we all thought they would be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have to get the bats going.

Apr 11, 2018, 4:13 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2018, 5:19 AM

The Bacardi mascot .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 11, 2018, 9:31 AM

Clemson’s team batting average is 248 and the opponents average is 236. The Tigers only have two players with a plus 300 average, Green and Meridith.
On the positive side, I believe Tiger pitchers lead the ACC in ERA.

Apr 12, 2018, 5:55 AM

Maybe the bats are going....so...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's about matchups...

Apr 11, 2018, 10:58 AM

and that's always the case, but probably more so with us.

The good thing is we should host barring another terrible collapse, since we aren't as good record-wise as we were last year at this time, and playing at home coupled with our pitching may get us through to a Super.

Our pitching has kept us in games to the place where a couple bombs here and there could win us a postseason series.

I believe the ACCT is back in Durham this year. I think we win it. That short porch in LF plays to our strength.

There is no shame in bunting your way on base!

Apr 12, 2018, 8:56 AM

Anyway you can get there safely do so!! Also I hope Byrd is back soon!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree about the hitting...

Apr 12, 2018, 9:27 AM

Our team seems that we score a lot at the end of games, or later innings, and we kind of steal the games from other teams, or so that was the case at the beginning of the year. When the bats don't heat up at the end of the game, like Georgia for example, we see what happens.

I agree with everything you said Aidan so "ditto"

Apr 12, 2018, 9:55 AM

Hopefully as the weather warms so will our bats ?? (I think Beer does better when he doesn't over- think or analyze his batting.) as a freshman Beer was killing it and the way they shift on him he can hit the ball anywhere. I mean he's quite capable of it. The most frustrating thing is I heard we are striking out six times more than the avg ACC team. IF that is true, it really limits the hit and run and so many other things. I mean good things happen in college baseball if you just put the ball in play!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,429
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic