Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No more than 10 people in your house for Thanksgiving
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 430

No more than 10 people in your house for Thanksgiving

Nov 12, 2020, 6:53 PM

in NY. Insane, effing insane.

7 day average deaths per day at about 1 per million
7 day average cases per day at about 1 per 5000 people or about 1/50,000 hospitalized.

11 people in your house and they can come arrest you.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/11/us/ny-limits-gatherings-to-10/index.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just 3 at Mom's.

Nov 12, 2020, 6:54 PM

Going to zoom prayer with rest of fam.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No more than 10 people in your house for Thanksgiving

Nov 12, 2020, 8:44 PM

But millions in the country illegally, ok.
Burning down businesses, ok.
Killing cops, ok.

Crazy what rules are enforced these days.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 12:13 PM

All of those are illegal and enforced.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then the next day they'll stand in line to

Nov 12, 2020, 8:46 PM

loot and assault at Walmart. No wonder they call it black Friday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 12:09 PM

Neal,

Are you wanting to increase the numbers ?

Will your parents be invited to your Thanksgiving party ?

My wife and I are the Grandparents

Nov 13, 2020, 12:30 PM

our parents are all dead

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no way I'm going to tell my kid she can't come

Nov 13, 2020, 12:38 PM

home. I am by far the most careful in the family. I wear masks wash and use hand sanitizer more than any of the others.

When this started one of my kids wanted to come over and they were recommending that you don't visit family. I told my kid that she should wait a couple weeks before she came to see me. She was really hurt. I feel so bad for family members that could not visit their loved ones before they died.

My family can come visit me anytime. I realize that that is far more important. I am going to live my life and keep my priorities in order. Everything in life is a gamble. They might die or get hurt driving down the road to get here.

Nov 13, 2020, 12:14 PM

Isn't 10 plenty?

Are you Neal in NY?***

Nov 13, 2020, 12:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

No but our idiot govenor is no different. Same cloth...

Nov 13, 2020, 12:40 PM

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/more-than-2500-more-virus-cases-reported-nc-percent-positive-rate-rises-75/2F7ZGO7JERA2VACKGF66EAUSW4/

Festivus is setting up to be

Nov 13, 2020, 12:39 PM

a big downer as well.

We're reducing the crowd size here too.

Nov 13, 2020, 12:43 PM

VOLUNTARILY. What is wrong with people that this is something to bitch about?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

there is nothing wrong with a voluntary

Nov 13, 2020, 1:36 PM

Reduction of people in your house. There is something very wrong with the government limiting the number of people in your own home to 10. I cant fathom how any American can think that is acceptable especially since covid currently is not nearly as dangereous as it was just a couple months ago.

Re: there is nothing wrong with a voluntary

Nov 13, 2020, 1:55 PM

Reduction of people in your house. There is something very wrong with the government limiting the number of people in your own home to 10. I cant fathom how any American can think that is acceptable especially since covid currently is not nearly as dangereous as it was just a couple months ago.

Agree. I will not take a chance to potentially kill my late 80's parents or my mid 90's mother in law by dining with them. I have visited them several times while wearing a mask. People do need to be smart, but I don't see why a mayor or governor should basically be issuing non enforceable edicts. Besides, show me the science of why 10 is ok, but not 11. Is 8 or 9 safe? Closing the bar at 11 is magical too or 10. Wearing a mask to get into a bar or restaurant, but then taking it off to eat and drink is another TSA like-feel good, but do little move. I got it-wear the mask, wash my hands, avoid crowds --but otherwise live life.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there is nothing wrong with a voluntary

Nov 13, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to there is nothing wrong with a voluntary ]

I don't see the problem with emergency provisions during a worldwide epidemic that has killed over a million people.

9/11 terrorists killed a few thousand and now I take off my shoes at airports and can't bring a bottle of water in with me.

A million people die and it's too much to ask the in-laws to come over on a different day than the good relatives?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 15
| visibility 430
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic