Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We should win. We should have a great crowd. Everything
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,115

We should win. We should have a great crowd. Everything

Oct 30, 2012, 9:50 AM

looks great except for that #### memory from 2004. It has that feel too. We should have won. We had a great crowd. Everything was going our way. After 4 straight wins including an upset of Miami in the Orange Bowl we just knew our Tigers would get it done against Duke. And then the heartbreak came with a flat team and a crappy loss.

(I'll add I had the same feeling about the Duke game in 1989 after a huge win over FSU in Tally.)

I hope to God we have moved so far down the road from that team. I mean light years. Come out like a top rated team, take care of business, and move on Tigers! I EXPECT a win. Prove me right, again!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no way Chad Morris will let his O come out flat!***

Oct 30, 2012, 10:27 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to be aware & not overconfident - Thanks!***

Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That 1989 game

Oct 30, 2012, 10:32 AM

was one of the biggest W T F moments in Clemson football history. Granted Duke was a good team that year, but so were we. That was my freshman year, and I remember I had gone home to Aiken that weekend and watched the game on TV on a dreary, overcast rainy type day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: That 1989 game

Oct 30, 2012, 11:00 AM

I believe we intercepted Duke 5 times only to fumble the return 3 times to give Duke first downs.

I believe Terry Allen also had a clear path into endzone and could have walked in but slipped & fell at the 2 yard line.

The Football Gods were on Duke’s side in that game.

That game jump-started the OBS coaching career and then he was hired by Florida. Also why he talks so much crap about Clemson

Re: We should win. We should have a great crowd. Everything

Oct 30, 2012, 11:23 AM

There is a big difference in the 2004 and 2012 teams. The 2004 team had talent, but not nearly as much as this team. The 2004 team also had a mediocre OC calling the plays whereas we now have arguably the best OC in college football.

I am usually a pessimist, but that Wake game proved to me that this team is finally rising above the inconsistencies of past teams. I don't know if we will blow Duke out like FSU did, but I will be shocked if we do not win.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,115
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic