Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
got a mumbo78 chuckle a couple weeks ago... went out to dinner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 407

got a mumbo78 chuckle a couple weeks ago... went out to dinner

Nov 11, 2020, 8:59 AM

with a few of my GF's cousins and, well, it happened...

Some years ago he posted "If you get your steak well done and put ketchup on it, it should affect your credit score." Have never forgotten that line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Did you have to pay for said steak?***

Nov 11, 2020, 9:02 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they were taking me out. Very nice restaurant too... I got a

Nov 11, 2020, 9:21 AM

thick medium rare ribeye that just melted in my mouth. Grandma without her dentures in coulda just gummed it. She got a T-bone very well done. Shoe leather comes to mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

almost every "steak sauce" on the market contains ketchup

Nov 11, 2020, 9:14 AM

A1, Heinz 57, not sure what the big taboo is about putting ketchup on beef.

Some kind of weird snob thing I never understood.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: almost every "steak sauce" on the market contains ketchup

Nov 11, 2020, 9:19 AM

Not what is this here sauce.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2020, 9:21 AM

If you need a translation then Worcestershire sauce.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MIL has her own language: war chester shire sawce***

Nov 11, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: almost every "steak sauce" on the market contains ketchup ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 11, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to almost every "steak sauce" on the market contains ketchup ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no taboo about putting straight ketchup on beef.

Nov 11, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to almost every "steak sauce" on the market contains ketchup ]

Burgers and meatloaf come to mind. But putting it on a steak is different.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, you say that like…

Nov 11, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to almost every "steak sauce" on the market contains ketchup ]

Putting steak sauce on a good steak is acceptable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is totally acceptable. It also lets you know

Nov 11, 2020, 11:19 AM

who you don't need to get a big, expensive steak for. Top sirloin will do.

People put sugar in coffee. People put cheese in grits.

Nov 11, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to I mean, you say that like… ]

There are all sorts of gastric combinations weirder than ketchup on a piece of beef.

Why do folks have such disdain for what other people eat? It's a very strange set of rules that society has established for what is perfectly acceptable vs. what is worthy of undeserved scorn.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the idea, with steak, is that it has a flavor all...

Nov 11, 2020, 4:44 PM

it's own that is covered up by an additive when you put sauce on it.

Grits have no flavor, or very little, unless you add something to them. Coffee has a flavor, but I think most people who add stuff don't like the flavor very much.

In the end, I agree, people can eat whatever they want, but in my opinion if you put A1 in particular on a steak, you may as well have just made a burger and saved some money. But I would cook your steak well done and drown it in that stuff if that's the way you like it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah man, I didn't mean it that way. Everybody has different

Nov 11, 2020, 7:32 PM [ in reply to People put sugar in coffee. People put cheese in grits. ]

scooter

tastes in everything, whether it's music or art or whatever. You eat your by-god steak any way you by-god like it. In MY opinion (and I'm just white trash from the west side of Greenville, so there's that, LOL) when a steak is cooked well done, you've cooked all the good flavors and juices right out of it, and you're trying to add some flavor back into it via sauces. It's trying to fix a $50 steak with a squirt of something that is 89 cents a bottle.

But that's just my opinion, nothing more. I certainly meant no scorn towards anybody. Biggest point was remembering a line mumbo78 posted years ago...

BTW, is mumbo OK, don't see him any more....***

Nov 11, 2020, 9:34 AM

makes an appearance now and then...

Nov 11, 2020, 9:36 AM

I think he has more of a life than most of us

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speak for yourself homie......

Nov 11, 2020, 9:49 AM

While you guys are pulling it in here all day, I’m visiting 3, maybe 4 other message boards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on!

Nov 11, 2020, 10:48 AM

I only check this board when I'm waiting on a cauldron of skulls to come to a boil. You don't vanquish your enemies by playing around on the internet all day, you know.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 407
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic