Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There are 3 types of Clemson fans this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

There are 3 types of Clemson fans this week

Oct 22, 2013, 2:37 PM

1. Those who are a ticked off about the way we played and demand things be fixed
2. Those who are ticked off about the way we played and demand the coaches be fired or the team dismantle.
3. Those who really don't care that we lost and tell #1's and #2's to shut up and continue to cheer.

#1's are living in reality. #2's need to go cheer for the coots and/or play in traffic and #3's need to be slapped.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1a. People who always say "something needs to be fixed"

Oct 22, 2013, 2:38 PM

after a loss but never really know what it is

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1a. People who always say "something needs to be fixed"

Oct 22, 2013, 2:41 PM

That was insinuated in #1. Those who think they know the problem usuall fall under number 2 because the problem 99% of the time is the coaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What needs to be fixed...

Oct 22, 2013, 2:45 PM [ in reply to 1a. People who always say "something needs to be fixed" ]

Recruit better players, have non midgets as CB's, and stop playing terribly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What needs to be fixed...

Oct 22, 2013, 4:53 PM

And further, when you do have one NFL-sized CB (Breeland, before ejection), maybe use him against Megatron 2.0 instead of our smallest guy.

On the same page with you.

We simply need a better coaching staff. We have plenty of

Oct 23, 2013, 1:44 AM [ in reply to What needs to be fixed... ]

talent. We simply aren't tough enough mentally or physically and our staff doesn't understand the importance of a truly physical OL. Same primary issues we had under TB.

There are only 2 types of fans.

Oct 22, 2013, 2:49 PM

Those that make lists of things and those that don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that a list?***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:31 PM

I guess you know which category to put me in***

Oct 22, 2013, 6:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You left out one type of fan...

Oct 22, 2013, 2:52 PM

photo Rechargeable-AC-and-DC-Oscillating-Fan_zpsc9aed26b.jpg

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

...and this

Oct 23, 2013, 9:38 AM

Re: There are 3 types of Clemson fans this week

Oct 22, 2013, 3:06 PM

I am #3. However I do care that we lost and trust the coaches to fix it.

There's a fourth type: the fan who cares that we lost, but

Oct 22, 2013, 3:10 PM

wishes the incessant naggers would take a hike! Usually due to having to listen to the wife or Mother-in-Law running on and on about some absolutely trivial, mundane, ridiculous matter that means nothing in the grand scheme of life! lol

Then there is me...

Oct 22, 2013, 3:20 PM

I go, support the team, yell until I cannot speak the next day and realize it is just a game. Does it hurt to lose...yep...am I jacked...yep but the game is over. Did the team and coaches try to lose? No..they were beat, move on and lets play again. I agree, there are more fans that would rather be in our shoes than theirs. Go Tigers!

Well said !! *****

Oct 22, 2013, 3:21 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a fourth type: the fan who cares that we lost, but

Oct 22, 2013, 3:20 PM [ in reply to There's a fourth type: the fan who cares that we lost, but ]

Mr. T, I enjoy immensely the wit, humor, sarcasm, and wisdom of your posts! Thanks!

You really think there are Clemson fans who don't care if we

Oct 22, 2013, 3:18 PM

lose? REALLY?

I don't really think so...only those who wish that they

Oct 22, 2013, 3:26 PM

didn't care, but just can't seem to bring themselves to that conclusion because the next time they watch the Tigers run down the Hill, they're on their feet again, yelling, "Go Tigers...Stomp the He!l outa ------!"

I've had season tickets since the early 90s. While I was

Oct 22, 2013, 3:33 PM

stuck in traffic trying to leave DV Sat night I was convinced this would be the last year. Today I can't wait to get back to the Valley.

Once it's in your blood I don't think you could possibly not care when we lose a game. But you just have to move on.

Well, after attending, watching or listening to nearly 500

Oct 22, 2013, 3:40 PM

Clemson games the past 50 years, I've learned to accept the great triumphs as well as the bitter defeats with aplomb.

Either that...or I'm in big trouble by allowing myself to become too hooked on the "what if's, what could've been's or why us'...."

#4. those that are pissed off that we lost but trust that

Oct 22, 2013, 3:31 PM

the coaches and players get it straightened out by gametime this week and wish the #1's would exercise a little patience and the #2's would ####!

The #1 fans are the best

Oct 22, 2013, 3:33 PM

The ones who coach from the stands, have absolutely no idea what is going on but after the game know everything they would fix. By far the best ones, funniest ones to talk to just do you have someone to make fun of later with your friends who live in reality.

Exactly how do fans demand something get fixed?

Oct 22, 2013, 3:36 PM

Does it involve calling into to talk radio or posting on InterNet boards? Just wonder how effective "demands" presented in those media are?

And what "something" needs fixing?

Fans that

Oct 22, 2013, 4:30 PM

don't like the way we lost, demand things be fixed, but don;' think anyone needs to be fired to fix it. they also realize that winning cures everything. So start winning again Saturday and earn that at-large BCS bid!!

I fall into this group

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Exactly

Oct 22, 2013, 4:55 PM

Thank you

Re: And there are 3 kinds of people in the world

Oct 22, 2013, 4:36 PM

Those that can count, and those that can't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4.Those who still think we are a top3 team...but

Oct 22, 2013, 4:40 PM

FSU is simply better than the 1985 Chicago Bears

Oct 22, 2013, 4:51 PM

Per your #3,... Do you really think there are Clemson fans out there that really don't care that we lost? Can't quite see that as grounded in reality.

Oct 22, 2013, 4:57 PM

Yes I do. These fans don't want to hear anything the least bit slightly negative. There's nothing wrong with being negative after a loss like this. There's a difference in being negative and wanting coaches fired.

AGREE!

Oct 22, 2013, 4:53 PM

NM

There are the Party Wagon Fans. Get drunk at Tailgate

Oct 22, 2013, 4:56 PM

Don't know who won or lost until Wednesday haha

Oct 22, 2013, 5:01 PM

How exactly does one demand things be fixed? Post rants on here? email Dabo, or Chad. I mean really......

Oct 22, 2013, 5:05 PM

Usually when things aren't fixed, fans make their own changes with their wallets. Were you not around when CTB was fired?

If we lose to the coots in the same fashion, I can see fans using the only tool they have to make their voice heard and that's money. That's usually the way it works. If we lose to the coots in same fashion as FSU I may become a #2 and would probably rather play in traffic than bear to hear their squawking for another year, especially in such an embarrassing loss.

How about the type not happy with the outcome but who are

Oct 22, 2013, 5:08 PM

loyal to the core and stand up for the Tigers rather than taking shots at them?

How about it? You going to Maryland to stand tall behind our young men this weekend?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: How about the type not happy with the outcome but who are

Oct 22, 2013, 5:12 PM

Just because people are negative about the loss doesn't mean they aren't loyal. When it comes to the idiots talking about firing people I'm in the same boat as you but don't treat people the same way who simply want to talk about the loss. There's nothing positive to say about that game.

If someone wants to start a thread to discuss what happened and why it happened and what my fix the problem or why we do or why we do that, don't tell them to shut up and cheer and go to maryland or whatever. Let them have their discussion. After a loss like that it's perfectly normal. We can't ignore and block out the bad things that happen.

So you are just going to talk about it? What I am talking

Oct 22, 2013, 5:52 PM

about is helping our team to avoid the after loss loss. So that is a very active approach that will support the product on the field and encourage them in an away game after a bad loss. I think this team bounces back. I did not tell you to "shut up" but I did ask you if you were going to be in Byrd Stadium this Saturday to help our young men out.

Peace and GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Re: So you are just going to talk about it? What I am talking

Oct 22, 2013, 7:34 PM

Message board discussion <> stadium environment

If I hadn't spent as much as I did going Saturday I might would consider a road trip to Byrd. That's not an option for me now.

Re: How about the type not happy with the outcome but who are

Oct 22, 2013, 11:51 PM [ in reply to How about the type not happy with the outcome but who are ]

Well said. And I will be there!
GO TIGERS!!!

All 3 are True.

Oct 22, 2013, 6:40 PM

nm

Wrong. 9 yrs of TB and 5 with Dabo yet we still have the

Oct 23, 2013, 1:40 AM

same problem. Dabo hired Morris and Venables who have resolved a few of our problems, but our truly big issues still exist. A superior coaching staff doesn't need this long to fix problems. Morris will be gone soon then Dabo will be on the same coordinator hamster wheel TB was on.

Dabo isn't the guy to win championships at Clemson. We are not going to be truly competitive and a consistent top 10 program under him. Anyone loyal to Clemson and both honest and objective knows this already.

As I predicted 5 1/2 years ago, we are only marginally better, but not better in any significant way. Not in the ways we need to be to compete for and win national championships.

Re: Wrong. 9 yrs of TB and 5 with Dabo yet we still have the

Oct 23, 2013, 3:04 AM

has dabo not brought clemson 3 division championships and a conference championship?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 23, 2013, 10:53 AM

2 division championships* but the point still remains

Oct 23, 2013, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Wrong. 9 yrs of TB and 5 with Dabo yet we still have the ]

Wow, you can't be serious.

I don't see myself in any of those categories

Oct 23, 2013, 2:46 AM

I'm in the camp of being pretty darn ticked off about the loss and how we played, but do not think there are problems that need to be fixed (in the long term aspect that is. FSU game wise plenty needs fixed to get us back to ourselves) and feel we will still win out and will go to the BCS.

I was not happy with our play whatsoever but I am in the camp that agrees with Dabo that the score is not indicative of the separation of the 2 teams. The team I saw on Sat was not the team I've seen 6 other times this year. Was FSU the cause for some of that? I think so, but a lot of it I think we did to ourselves. Are there people you can point the blame for? I think there's lots of blame to go around but I don't this this one game is the destruction of our season and I think you'll see us quickly get back on track.

I think there are lines between top 25 teams, top 10 teams, and national title contenders. The team I see right now is definitely a top 10 team in my eyes. With the talent we have I think we have the chance to be consistently there for the next couple years. I think we've actually created some separation from us and just a run of the mill top 25 team. This is a place where we have been building to the last few seasons. I think we have achieved it.

To be one of those top 2 teams you have to go to another level. You need some luck sure, but you also have to have that perfect consistency to go with that skill and talent. That's easier said than done with 18-21 year olds.

I had hoped we had gotten to that point. Didn't really fear that FSU could do that to us but I knew it was possible filed way back in my brain. We do have some holes. Not really to the point I think most teams could expose us, but enough where the best of the best could. FSU showed that.

I still feel we are head and shoulders better than the rest of the teams we play. I still think this is going to end up as a fantastic year. I love the places Dabo is taking this program and feel it is only getting better.

As much as I hated sat, As much as I still don't wanna think or talk about it to most people, really the only thing to do is forget it and move on!

4) Those that expected that sort of loss but chose not to

Oct 23, 2013, 9:32 AM

post negatively about it before hand, even though we see the structural flaws that continue to plague this program. We love Clemson and continue to support and cheer for the Tigers, even though we don't expect to win the big games on the national stage.

#4, those who realize we're just fans and have no control

Oct 23, 2013, 10:15 AM

whatsoever on what happens on the field, with the coaches, or the players, or the opponents, etc.

"Demand" in one hand and crap in the other, see which gets filled first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #4, those who realize we're just fans and have no control

Oct 23, 2013, 10:55 AM

Fans have plenty of say. Without fans there would be no program at all.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic