Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The value of an object is set by the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

The value of an object is set by the

Jul 23, 2015, 1:45 PM

maximum amount that someone is willing to pay for it.

For instance: a used cars value is determined by availability (to be replaced), condition, usage, mileage, and options. A used car though is one of hundreds of thousands give or take of production vehicles made a like give or take. Therefor, if you want a Jeep Grand Cherokee you have thousands to choose from over a 22 year span of production so far.

In the case of Howard's rock- unlike how the Deffense attorney is trying to ague- the rock is irreplaceable, not due to the fact there are no more Flint rocks with approximate, color and weight, but for the simple fact that if for whatever reason if it were to be retired from use by Clemson Unversity and sold the highest bidder, it would sell at a very very high cost. I believe that number to be in the millions.

People donate millions of dollars a year to Clemson because they love and adore it, why could we not expect someone to spend millions to purchase a piece of College Football & Clemson history.
Think about it, it's the one single thing still there today that every single player, coach, assistant, and die hard fan have put their hands on.
William Perry, Micheal Dean Perry, Steve Fuller, Homer Jordan, Danny Ford, Dabo, Frank Howard, Sammy Watkins, CJ Spiller, James Davis, Jeff Davis, Brinson Buchner, Chester McGlocton, Terry Kinard, Perry Tutle, and hundreds more players, greats that I didn't mention cause I'd be listing all day. The rock is a lot more than a rock. It's The Rock, our Rock!
Fry this B@$t@rd!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since 1966 ^^^

Jul 23, 2015, 1:48 PM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic