Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The state of the rivalry....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

The state of the rivalry....

Nov 20, 2018, 2:19 PM

Back in the day... Clemson fans would discuss the future excuses that SCAR fans would concoct to help them keep on tolerating the life getting dominated.

Now, the best they can do is
1. Pull for Alabama
2. Accuse us of moral hypocrisy in recruiting
3. Whine about how they were too stupid to stay in the ACC.
4. Women playing basketball
5. How we are sexist because we don't have to care about women's basketball to claim any pride.

No mention of the scoreboard. No mention of the overall record. No mention of the overall state of the programs. No mention about the quality of our academics. They don't have anything to say about ANYTHING that matters.

I mean.. that's so sad.

I'll admit, when they lucked up and landed 2 consecutive HOF coaches, it helped Clemson out a lot. It took 2 HOF coaches more than 15 years to brute force that dumpster program to a single top 5 season. LOL. And the sweetest part of that whole episode is? It propelled US to a national championship. We got too complacent beating up on our broken, delusional rivals that we lacked a hunger to go for more. Once Spurrier spanked Clemson 5 years in a row, it pushed us to our ceiling. And we all knew our ceiling was always higher than theirs.

I wonder how painful it is for Cooties to know that the most significant result of their hard-fought improvement for over a decade was helping CLEMSON win the national championship.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The state of the rivalry....

Nov 20, 2018, 2:32 PM

Winning streaks over the years

Clemson
(7) 2 game streaks
(3) 3 game streaks
(8) 4 game streaks
(1) 7 game streak

South Carolina
(3) 2 game streaks
(3) 3 game streaks
(1) 4 game streak
(1) 5 game streak

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The state of the rivalry....

Nov 20, 2018, 2:53 PM

coots are always yapping about the strength of the SEC. As far as the coots are concerned there isn’t any difference in their SEC results and their ACC results. coots have a winning record against 4 ACC teams and a losing record against 7 ACC teams, it would be 8 but Maryland is no longer in the ACC. coots also have a winning record against 4 SEC teams and a losing record against 8 SEC teams, they’re an even 8-8 against Ole Miss. It’s the same ol’ same ol’, lots of yapping and not a shred of actual evidence to back it up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Technically you can't have a 7 game streak without

Nov 20, 2018, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: The state of the rivalry.... ]

having a 5 game streak AND a six game streak...but try explaining THAT to the Coots

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic