Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is a shame that Trevor Lawrence's good is being
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

It is a shame that Trevor Lawrence's good is being

Oct 7, 2019, 6:01 PM

exploited for a monetary gain... I saw this Facebook ad and promptly reported it to compliance. I wish that there were criminal and civil penalties for whoever would do anything like this to profit off someone else. Especially if it potentially hurts a young person's reputation and interrupt their pursuits...
Whoever did this really needs to be dealt with in a medieval kind of way... ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who the #### would buy that anyway???

Oct 7, 2019, 6:33 PM

Pretty sure there’s gonna be no profit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you think this shirt...

Oct 7, 2019, 9:36 PM

would “hurt his reputation”? I agree that the shirt is very tacky, inappropriate attempt to combine love for Tiger football and Christian Faith. As a Christian, I don’t think it is right to even suggest that one should be compared or likened to the other. My faith and my love for and dedication to the Lord Jesus Christ utterly transcend anything this world has to offer, even Clemson football. I suspect that Trevor would agree with that. But his personal rep isn’t on the line. As far as I’ve seen his character and personal testimony as a Christian have been beyond reproach, at least as far as his public conduct is concerned.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when YOUR image and likeness are used, it is YOUR

Oct 8, 2019, 2:13 AM

reputation on the line... Trevor's rep is on the line until he or Clemson publicly disassociates being in agreement to allow his image and likeness to be used when it currently jeopardizes not only his pursuits in college football, but the pursuits of his teammates as well if he were to be deemed complicit, and therefore ineligible. This would allow his good to be evil spoken of. This would mean that Trevor is willing to ignore doing things decently and in order, and this is not decent nor in order given the rules by which a college athlete is supposed to be governed. An endorsement at this point in Trevor's career makes him a hypocrite because this would mean that he is willing to compromise his principles for the love of money...
it's not this specific shirt, but the implications of the actions

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The picture posted is obviously photoshopped

Oct 8, 2019, 1:17 PM

Do you really think Trevor had a thing to do with this? Do you really think he is looking to profit from it? Do you really believe that Trevor Lawrence must renounce involvement in it or he is implicitly guilty? Seriously???

Lighten up, Francis. There’s enough real trouble in this world to get so worked up over this.

The point is his likeness is being used

Oct 8, 2019, 1:19 PM

without his permission. Doesn't really matter if its for profit or not. Should be illegal for people to photoshop his face on an ad without permission

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fine, then go after whoever created it!!!

Oct 8, 2019, 1:27 PM

My point is that Trevor Lawrence’s reputation and integrity are not challenged by this. Just because some hack photoshopped his head into the photo doesn’t implicate him in anything!!

reading is fundamental, but comprehension is necessary...

Oct 8, 2019, 5:36 PM [ in reply to The picture posted is obviously photoshopped ]

and I hope that your name, likeness or reputation never gets associated with an illegal, immoral or unsolicited opportunity. identity theft and misuse is a bane, and would seem to be unimportant until it happens to you...

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic