Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I must say, I was wrong about northam
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 686

I must say, I was wrong about northam

Feb 2, 2019, 11:01 AM

There are more calls for his resignation than I thought.

Side note, 60 protestors out today. Maybe I'll go and hold up a junger sign

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The party of Robert Byrd will give him a pass***

Feb 2, 2019, 11:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Byrd's comrades in white defected to R long ago.

Feb 2, 2019, 8:31 PM

RICHMOND, Va. — Gov. Ralph Northam of Virginia, defying pleas from his own party to resign, said on Saturday that he would remain in office, and flatly denied that he had worn Ku Klux Klan robes or appeared in blackface in an image from his medical school yearbook that has upended his governorship and embarrassed his fellow Democrats.

“It was definitely not me,” Mr. Northam said at an afternoon news conference. “I can tell by looking at it.”

But within hours, three of the state’s most senior Democrats said they had called Mr. Northam to tell him to step down, depriving the governor of his last remaining support and intensifying the pressure on him.

“We no longer believe he can effectively serve as the governor of Virginia and that he must resign,’’ Senators Mark R. Warner and Tim Kaine and Representative Robert C. Scott said in a statement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/02/us/politics/ralph-northam-virginia-governor.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Well, the dem party had no problem with him in their fold

Feb 3, 2019, 11:59 AM

until 2010 when he passed.

Even after comments like these in 2009. Got a pass then, just 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnO6ai0Ktro

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then by that reasoning, they're no longer the party of Byrd.***

Feb 3, 2019, 1:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

They're the party of anyone who can be reelected in

Feb 3, 2019, 1:56 PM

perpetuity who will vote along the party lines in Congress. As for a governor, he's expendable. Oh, and another reason they're clamoring for him to step down....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/02/us/justin-fairfax-virginia.html

So we're agreed on Dems not giving him a pass.***

Feb 3, 2019, 2:45 PM

- Jonathan Swift

I always get amused at old white dudes...

Feb 4, 2019, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Well, the dem party had no problem with him in their fold ]

Trying to tell us which party had more racist old white dudes back when our country was run by racist old white dudes.

Tiggity. The GOP has also been loaded with racists. Get over it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Let me.retrack my previous stmt

Feb 2, 2019, 2:23 PM

After his apology saying he is deeply sorry. Now he is saying he isn't sure that is him. Lutz. So what did he apologize for then?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me.retrack my previous stmt

Feb 2, 2019, 2:40 PM

His PR advisers need to find new careers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yesterday it was him today it's not

Feb 2, 2019, 3:06 PM

where's the i've never dressed like this

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

couldn’t have been him

Feb 2, 2019, 3:10 PM

His sheet had bigger eye holes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Libs desperately trying to minimize the fallout from this.

Feb 2, 2019, 4:34 PM

I love watching liberals eat their own:

Northam comes out and apologizes for the blackface picture.

Then holds a presser the next day saying it wasn’t him in the photo.

THEN says he DID wear a blackface on a different occasion for a talent show, that he won.

Just stop idiot, you’re making it worse.

Re: I must say, I was wrong about northam

Feb 2, 2019, 6:16 PM

pffft black face, it is no like he is being accused of attempted rape

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attempted rape, pfffft

Feb 2, 2019, 7:46 PM

If you’re gonna get accused of rape, make it the real kind, like Bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I must say, I was wrong about northam

Feb 3, 2019, 3:41 PM

You know that guy’s been sweating that pic coming out for years...surprised it took this long

Yeah well saying it's ok to kill babies after birth will

Feb 4, 2019, 12:20 PM

rile people up sometimes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

This board would be falling all over itself...

Feb 4, 2019, 8:20 AM

To explain how it wasn't a big deal or he wasn't racist if he had an R by his name. You'd be one of the first in line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

i just lol at his presser

Feb 4, 2019, 8:25 AM

i now believe i'm neither person in the photo
so he has worn a klan outfit just not that time
so he dressed in blackface(not that michael jackson one) just not that time

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Twitter was abuzz because someone asked him if he could

Feb 4, 2019, 8:51 AM

still moonwalk, and he actually looked like he was preparing to try, before his wife stopped him. Like an SNL skit.

Yeah, can he dig his grave any deeper?

Feb 4, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to i just lol at his presser ]

"I've murdered people in the past, but I didn't murder those people."

"Officer, I've driven drunk before, but I'm not doing it now."

c’mon Man, that’s just weak.

Feb 4, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to This board would be falling all over itself... ]

No, if you take a pub, any pub, and put them in a situation where they not only were dressing in blackface and/or Klan outfits in the 80’s and going by the nickname “coonman”, but were also so proud about said activities that they voluntarily put a picture in their yearbook for posterity, “this board” would not be excusing it.

I know you do a lot of hypothetical mind-reading as a debate tactic, but I hope you realize how off base this one is if you stop and think about it.

You state this as if we haven't seen it before.

Feb 4, 2019, 10:00 AM

People here trying to write off clear racist statements and behavior as not a big deal when it involves someone on that side. Sorry man. It's happened before. And if not here, over on the Mange as well. And don't get me started on the #### that's gone down in the chat room over the years.

It may be if those things were open to interpretation by

Feb 4, 2019, 10:06 AM

reasonable people.

This isn't. It's clear cut.

Show me someone on here defending Steve King? I didn't see it...his offenses were as clear cut as this.

There have been a lot of things debated on here (the stupid dog whistle stuff) that is so subtle it hurts, and you almost have to try to find a way to make it racist, and there is stuff that probably does lean towards more racist sounding but you can interpret it differently if you give the person the benefit of the doubt, but no, I reject the assertion that completely clear-cut racist words and actions are commonly defended on here, not just by a few apparently, but by "this board".

King? LOL

Feb 4, 2019, 7:02 PM

There was at least one person here, I think last week, trying to say his comments weren't any worse than the woman who called Trump a mother ######. I can't remember which of the Trumpies was pitching that, but they were trying to argue that his comments were taken out of context.

If you want me to dig it up, I'll scroll back and link it.

The strangest thing to me about all of it

Feb 4, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to c’mon Man, that’s just weak. ]

is that a school, any school, would actually put it in a yearbook..

GO TIGERS!!

You're not joking. Let's say they were the most racist

Feb 4, 2019, 1:10 PM

school in history, you would still think that being a medical school, they'd be like "Dood, you're trying to get a high paid job as a doctor when you leave here---why don't we just leave this pic in its frame over your mantle?"

Re: The strangest thing to me about all of it

Feb 4, 2019, 2:06 PM [ in reply to The strangest thing to me about all of it ]

I didn't know med schools had yearbooks. And yeah, I would think someone would have the good sense back then, but...

Re: c’mon Man, that’s just weak.

Feb 4, 2019, 12:40 PM [ in reply to c’mon Man, that’s just weak. ]

Yeah, gotta agree with you Obed. You cant be wrong or right based on party. Wrong is wrong.

It's strange but I always thought that Va. got away with a lot of institutional racism because of the history of Virginia. It's one thing to decry racism in the flat lands of Mississippi, it's pure, evil and venal. Virginia, however, gets it's ancestral racism from the likes of Thomas Jefferson, Washington, Lee and numerous other hallowed names from U.S. History. It's viewed as somehow a more 'noble' racism. Odd I think.

Re: c’mon Man, that’s just weak.

Feb 4, 2019, 2:07 PM

You cant be wrong or right based on party. Wrong is wrong.

This wasn't my argument, and I agree wrong is wrong. My point is that if he had an R by his name, we would see people here defending him because we've seen it before.

You may be right accusing the "other side" of this

Feb 4, 2019, 10:37 AM [ in reply to This board would be falling all over itself... ]

hypothetical error.

I officially award you side one internet point. Congratulations.

Replies: 30
| visibility 686
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic