Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest polls show pandemic management hurts Trump, GOP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 455

Latest polls show pandemic management hurts Trump, GOP

Sep 18, 2020, 10:10 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/us/politics/latest-polls.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Latest polls show pandemic management hurts Trump, GOP

Sep 18, 2020, 10:16 AM

His campaign has to be just exasperated that he continues to say dumb stuff about covid and call press conferences to contradict his CDC director. He needs to find something else to talk about... problem is they can’t really run on their record with the economy as it is, no healthcare plan, no real agenda, and attacks at Joe Biden have been derpy “he’s a puppet” and “he has Alzheimer’s” lines that just aren’t landing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and the Trump campaign has pulled all of their Law and Order

Sep 18, 2020, 10:56 AM

ads because they aren't working and are just wasted money that the Trump campaign is low on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump and his minions don't want to talk about the failed

Sep 18, 2020, 10:54 AM

Covid response, as you can see from the posts on this board, but most of the country, including older Republicans who are abandoning Trump, are focused on it.

As we cross the 200,000 dead threshold and head for a quarter of a million dead by election day, that focus will grow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're right...

Sep 18, 2020, 11:40 AM

most people just want to spout talking points. On two or three occasions I have taken the time to lay out a timeline, videos, and quotes of what actually happened and it's always crickets from your side. Not doing it again...but more power to you and your talking points. It is a winning ploy with a complicit media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still spouting this nonsense, and STILL have yet to offer

Sep 18, 2020, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Trump and his minions don't want to talk about the failed ]

any of your own words to show why you keep saying this.

It's weak. Very weak.

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Existential fear is what will drive this election

Sep 18, 2020, 11:56 AM

we don't give it the attention it deserves. It is clearly a better issue to leverage than your stock market portfolio, which less than half of the voters actually care about.

How likely are people to die because of Biden or because of Trump?

From nuking hurricanes to injecting bleach into your body to pretending china virus was a non-issue, isn't the answer pretty clear?

Re: Existential fear is what will drive this election

Sep 18, 2020, 12:13 PM

Sep 18, 2020, 12:32 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I’m not getting in a multi-reply pissing match with you today, but dude Jesus Christ...

The stock market matters to you and I, but the market =/= the economy for a huge number of people. Many people’s economic security is a paycheck to paycheck subsistence, not worrying about which funds they should shift their IRAs into. That doesn’t make them “leeches” because they aren’t as fortunate as you or I. This is such a godd@amned selfish and elitist worldview to look down your nose at poorer people because they have concerns lower down Maslow’s hierarchy than you do.

Sep 18, 2020, 12:42 PM

Sep 18, 2020, 12:55 PM

Yeah, so you keep repeating that like I’m supposed to be embarrassed about knowing how literally all doctors and everyone in healthcare gets paid, but really all it does is highlight your lack of understanding. Want to hear how many RVU’s I’m generating from my cases today?

You can walk back your position about how you feel about “the leeches,” but you made your opinion quite clear. Very Christ-like, btw.

Sep 18, 2020, 1:05 PM

Sep 18, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Existential fear is what will drive this election ]

So CharlestonTiger15, how are those workers that live paycheck to paycheck going to feel when all the gains they received the last 3 years from Trump are taken away by Biden taxes.

I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing your income disentegrate due to higher taxes and forget about your retirement. You can work until you're euthanized because you can no longer give to the party. Oh what a sweet future you dream about.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do those paycheck to paycheck workers make 6-figures?

Sep 18, 2020, 6:46 PM

Show me where Biden's tax changes impact the lower income folks?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Existential fear is what will drive this election ]

almost half the voters are a bunch of leeches that don’t pay federal taxes (or much else)

First of all, it doesn't make sense to count voters as if every one of them should be generating federal income tax. My daughter is a voter but she's not a leech or part of the problem just because she doesn't pay a lot of federal taxes. When she gets out of law school I assure you she'll pitch in.

So there are certain segments of the population--young people, retired people, disabled, etc.--who pay no federal income taxes but aren't the variety of scum-sucking leeches that you might be imagining.

I did a quick search, so maybe there are better and more recent numbers available, but the Tax Policy Center puts the total number of non-income-tax-payers at 44% as of 2018, yet that percentage drops to 16% when you factor in payroll taxes. That means that a lot of the "leeches" are actually working, but are paid so little that they don't even hit a non-zero tax bracket.

So now, remove the children, elderly, disabled, etc. from that 16%, and you're talking a pretty small leech population.

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxvox/tcja-increasing-share-households-paying-no-federal-income-tax

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Are you seriously arguing that a 7.625%

Sep 18, 2020, 1:26 PM

Re: Are you seriously arguing that a 7.625%

Sep 18, 2020, 1:42 PM

If you like, I will get on the Phone with accounting and specifically request that they no longer make these deductions from my monthly direct deposit. We have no state payroll taxes in Flrida, we tax out of state drivers heading north with traffic fines and toll booths.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is another way of looking at it

Sep 18, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Existential fear is what will drive this election ]

There are the people who actually do the work to make the things, then there are the people who actually do no work and make no things but make profits from holding various forms of paper. Which group do you think are the real leeches that the tax code seems to favor the most if you were to base taxes as a percentage of income?

Of the Repub voters polled, 61% own stock. Of Democrats, 56%. Independents, 51%.

It is strange that there are so many "leeches" in all the various political parties. By the way,it is easy to distort the numbers to make it look more sensational. This story is a perfect example.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/81-million-americans-wont-pay-any-federal-income-taxes-this-year-heres-why-2018-04-16

“About 60% of those who pay no income tax will work and owe payroll taxes,” according to Roberton Williams, an associate at the Tax Policy Center. “Most of the other 40% are retirees whose income is too low to owe income tax ...Refundable credits make it possible for some low-income households with workers to avoid paying income and payroll taxes. Even so, nearly three-quarters of Americans will end up paying at least one of those taxes this year.”

OK COMRADE

Sep 18, 2020, 7:00 PM

What is 0+4, 1+3, and 2+2?

Sep 18, 2020, 1:43 PM

I think they all add up to 4. As in years. As in 4 more.

4 more years. As we say on here, MARK IT DOWN.

Sweden is pretty easy to migrate to from what I hear. Lots of exotic beers and good drugs too.

8 more years

Sep 18, 2020, 5:32 PM

trump will make an executive order than he can run for a third term

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump definitely shut us down

Sep 18, 2020, 1:46 PM

More than he should have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pandemic is over.

Sep 18, 2020, 7:07 PM

Numbers do not reflect a pandemic situation now. By Nov the only thing on people's minds will be the economy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 455
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic