Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The only reason we have a QB debate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

The only reason we have a QB debate

Sep 8, 2014, 7:37 PM

Is because we lost to UGay.

If we had beaten Jawja, we would all be saying that DW needs to take it slow and let CS run the show.

Just sayin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you see watsons 1 drive at Uga?

Sep 8, 2014, 7:42 PM

I was at the game and every Uga fan was speechless about letting him leave Georgia. It's bigger than Watson, we are clearly playing experience over talent in a lot of the positions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Exactly***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly***

Sep 8, 2014, 7:45 PM

No its about that one guy is just better. U can see it on the field and in the stats.

And because Dabo was hyping up Watson the whole offseason...

The fan base didn't get over excited about Watson, the way we did with Willy Korn. And if Stoudt was the clear starter, Watson shouldn't have played at all against Georgia. Especially down 14-7. If Dabo didn't want to start Watson, then he shouldn't have been raving about him the whole offseason, and saying he was as good of a player as Sammy Watkins. Sammy Watkins who started right off the bat.

Re: The only reason we have a QB debate

Sep 8, 2014, 7:45 PM

Agreed. If we had even kept it close, we'd have a different narrative on our hands. But an implosion in the 4th quarter happened, and now here we are. Not sure it was wholly CS's fault either, seeing as the play calling was admittedly 'conservative'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why were the coaches conservative?

Sep 8, 2014, 7:49 PM

I feel like that speaks about the qb play from cole.

Re: Why were the coaches conservative?

Sep 8, 2014, 7:53 PM

Agreed on that note, but if they trusted DW to go in and light it up, they would have put him in. In that situation, it wasn't about seniority or loyalty. Stoudt had already played it out. Seems to me that if they thought DW could have turned that scene around, they would have put him in. just my 2 cents though.

What would you call his one drive then?***

Sep 8, 2014, 7:55 PM

Re: What would you call his one drive then?***

Sep 8, 2014, 7:59 PM

Awesome. I'd call it awesome. If given as many drives as Stoudt can you guarantee he wouldn't falter, or have better results? He was in for a drive and the Ga D had to adjust.

Why not do that with Sammy last year?

Sep 8, 2014, 8:00 PM

Only when we needed a touchdown put him in. Take him out and use him as a closer....

Sammy was a veteran on the team last year

Sep 8, 2014, 8:08 PM

with tons of experience, who had clearly earned a starting position. Not sure how that compares.

DW scored a TD in Ga. There were two others. How'd they happen?

Sammy's first game. We should of taken him out after***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:09 PM

Re: Sammy's first game. We should of taken him out after***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:15 PM

Not at all. But I don't think you can compare the WR position with the QB position, in all honesty.

Agreed, take humphries out and play Scott.***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:20 PM

Re: Agreed, take humphries out and play Scott.***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:29 PM

We need an arsenal at WR. Nothing wrong with playing both.

There isn't, humphries is a great second option.

Sep 8, 2014, 8:32 PM

Just like cole is a great back up.

Re: There isn't, humphries is a great second option.

Sep 8, 2014, 8:40 PM

Not the same situation. It's not uncommon to play multiple WRs in a game. It is uncommon to play multiple QBs. You might have a standout WR on a team, but that doesn't stop you from playing other WRs. A standout QB plays the entire game, unless injured or things are going horribly wrong.

Sammy was our #1 WR his freshman year***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Sammy was a veteran on the team last year ]

Re: Sammy was our #1 WR his freshman year***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:55 PM

So how does that compare to the QB debate?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy was better than Marquan Jones and...

Sep 8, 2014, 9:02 PM

Xavier Dye who were both seniors. Sammy started immediately over them.

So, the coaches don't just play the senior guy

Sep 8, 2014, 9:13 PM

So maybe they see something here we aren't privy to, or have a plan to bring Watson along at a pace we don't understand because we don't have 1/100th of the information they do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, that and dye wasn't there in 2011.***

Sep 8, 2014, 9:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sammy was better than Marquan Jones and...

Sep 8, 2014, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Sammy was better than Marquan Jones and... ]

Again, different at the WR position. You can't possibly compare the two positions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we cant garuntee that, but Stoudt hasn't proven he can

Sep 10, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: What would you call his one drive then?*** ]

while Watson has proven he has the capability to do it better than Stoudt.

Sep 8, 2014, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: The only reason we have a QB debate ]

tnet has a debate. The Tigers do not. And in the grand scheme of things .. tnet doesn't count!

I think that Dabo did exactly the right thing by putting Watson in the game when we were down by 7 early. That showed a confidence in the QB and also the team.

Having these two guys compete daily is a perfect situation. Just think how solid we will be next season from the get go. Stay in.

Sep 8, 2014, 8:22 PM

Of the numerous posts I have read on this subject, this one boiled it down for me.

If we win that game, we're in the top 10, and the FSU game is being hyped all across the nation as a showdown for ACC supremacy with the winner having an inside track to a playoff spot. Cole would be the steely-eyed vet and Watson the uber-talented young lieutenant waiting to take the reins. QB controversy? Phfft.

Pros and cons galore on both sides of this fence, but winning douses a whole lot of these flames. However....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

If we had beat fsu and USC we would have played in the ncg***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:24 PM

Re: If we had beat fsu and USC we would have played in the ncg***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:33 PM

of course...and IF we had beaten UGA, this controversy would be little more than a fun debate right now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

who's to say we wouldn't have won with DW?

Sep 8, 2014, 8:26 PM

i'm not saying we would have, but I do know that cole played the vast majority of the snaps (all but 3 drives maybe) and we lost the game.

coaches may have been conservative in the 2nd half......partially b/c of field position.........partially b/c cole's talents limited them in what they could call.

but yes had cole lit up UGA we wouldn't have a debate, but he didn't and we lost.

Let's say this. 8-4 with either qb...

Sep 8, 2014, 8:28 PM

Who would you rather have? The younger guy is the easy answer. Cole plays of he can win more games than Watson. If it's the same or less play Watson.

Re: Let's say this. 8-4 with either qb...

Sep 8, 2014, 8:34 PM

Easy..if we're guaranteed 8-4 no matter what, you go with Watson

I don't think stoudt is the "x-factor" in winning games.....

Sep 8, 2014, 8:40 PM

in other words, stoudt's not a "game changer" at QB

not at 11-31 in passes beyond the line of scrimmage.

Most of you are proving my point

Sep 8, 2014, 8:44 PM

When we lose, t-net wants to diagnose and FIX our weaknesses.

When we win it's a moot point.

I never said anything about who is better or who would start.... Just a simple observation about T-net.

This isn't a bad thing either... Just an observation.

Sep 8, 2014, 8:45 PM

Not everyone has said that Stoudt needs to run the show

Right.***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:48 PM

Hence the debate.

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

Jameis Winston's

Sep 8, 2014, 8:51 PM

Success last year probably aids in the controversy as well. Heralded freshman leads team to national title.

Re: Jameis Winston's

Sep 8, 2014, 9:26 PM

Things will go differently for him this year.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:45 PM

Agreed. He won't have the year he had last year.

Sep 10, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Jameis Winston's ]

RED SHIRT freshman

Except we didnt beat UGA because our

Sep 10, 2014, 4:57 PM

coaches are too stubborn to be aggressive with offensive play calling, mainly because the guy Dabo is up in arms about being the starter really shouldn't be.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic