Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The most practical approach to uniforms.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

The most practical approach to uniforms.

Oct 6, 2013, 2:51 PM

Uniform appeal should be for one purpose only, recruiting. Who cares what 30,40, and 50 year old men like? What matters is what appeals to high school seniors. Hence let the players decide what they wear. ( This from a middle age man who likes our traditional unis.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like any uniform as long as the CLEMSON TIGERS

Oct 6, 2013, 2:54 PM

are wearing them!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, maybe not some of the crap that Maryland wears

Oct 6, 2013, 5:00 PM

Or those odd unis worn by ND last night

I paritally agree but Dabo says the uniforms were too big a

Oct 6, 2013, 2:55 PM

distraction and that he had players asking him on Tuesday what uniforms they'd wear Saturday. Can't blame him for taking it back to basics..

GO TIGERS

Let them know at the start of the season which games

Oct 6, 2013, 8:09 PM

will have an alternate uniform and what that uniform will look like.

Re: The most practical approach to uniforms.- It really

Oct 6, 2013, 2:56 PM

doesnt matter what we want to wear. we'll wear what the little sweat shop kids send us. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IPTAY says hi***

Oct 6, 2013, 2:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IPTAY says hi***

Oct 6, 2013, 3:13 PM

LOL. Right you are. Think the people paying for this fun might want to be heard?

I would think most iptay members want what is best for

Oct 6, 2013, 8:13 PM

the program and recruiting and not what appeals to them in the stands.

Give it up dude...

Oct 6, 2013, 8:31 PM

There is a reason that they are called Fuddy Duddies and you're not going to talk logic to an old dude who is afraid of change and against it no matter what. This is coming from an old dude ;).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And this is coming from a "young 'un"

Oct 6, 2013, 8:38 PM

I hope we never go the Oregon/Maryland/WVU route. They look like clowns. Clemson/Alabama/Texas etc. look professional and ready to take care of business, as any good program should.

Hey youngin.....

Oct 6, 2013, 8:42 PM

feels good to be arguing about uniform changes other than whether or not our football coach should be fired.

I agree with the OP idea that cool uniform changes (sometimes) does help attract recruits. To what extent I am not sure and obviously Maryland's disaster seems to be a cry for help not a cool uni change. lol

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey youngin.....

Oct 6, 2013, 8:50 PM

Agreed! Maybe in January we can argue about how long of an extension we should give Dabo and crew. :)

I'll admit I like seeing the purple uniforms on occasion, but having only orange/white for the last few years has been refreshing. Especially since it seemed like Tommy broke them out every other weekend.

Agree 100%***

Oct 6, 2013, 2:59 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meow

Oct 6, 2013, 3:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcOw8LK55c

follow the $s

Oct 6, 2013, 3:14 PM

It's the old guys that are the big $ donors - ( we write da checks and we have a big voice ) . It is foolish to ignore us - ask Lane Kiffin ! Who do you think paid to get rid of Bowden .

NIKE and ESPN are also providing some big $$$$$

Oct 6, 2013, 8:47 PM

I doubt a huge rich Clemson donor would trade a strict uniform policy over a bunch of 5 star recruits.

I just see someone that successful being able to see the big picture.

Re: When did unis become more importantr than winning?

Oct 6, 2013, 3:23 PM

30, 40 and 50 + year old men contribute a lot of jack so that schools can field teams. In other words, you want things like they were in the Bowden days -- by letting the inmates run the asylum. When did wearing 20 different uniform combinations trump winning? Under Bowden, the players voted what to wear and the image was awful. The team LOOKED and Played like a Banana Republic!!!

Re: When did unis become more importantr than winning?

Oct 6, 2013, 3:28 PM

Amen to that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Youve obviously missed the point.

Oct 6, 2013, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: When did unis become more importantr than winning? ]

Besides Bowden coached teams lost for multiple reasons, none of which had to do with their uniform.

Re: The most practical approach to uniforms.

Oct 6, 2013, 3:29 PM

Just win!
As long as they don't mess with the paw on the helmet who cares?
Orange pants on the road looks good, but if Dabo says all white It's all good. Just win!

Didn't Danny Ford use a uniform change to inspire the team?

Oct 6, 2013, 8:37 PM

I can't remember ;).

Strongly disagree - ask Alabama, Ohio State, and

Oct 6, 2013, 4:43 PM

a lot of routine national powers if wearing classic uniforms for decades now has hurt their recruiting. They don't need flashy/trashy/gaudy uniforms - they keep the classic looks that classy programs keep.

For example, Maryland seems to try a different uniform each week - what good has it done them? Didn't help much with their recruiting as evidenced by yesterday's blowout by FSU.

Florida State and Georgia wear their classic looks and they seem to be doing fine with their recruiting.

I agree with DS - the players need to be focused on playing well, not how flashy they're going to look.

Re: Strongly disagree - ask Alabama, Ohio State, and

Oct 6, 2013, 5:43 PM

All of those schools have tried alternate unis, except for bama.

Keep it simple like Dabo is doing with the traditional uniforms and just keep on winning.

One day we will change it up for 1 game, no doubt about that.

NIKE $$$$

Go Tigers!

I strongly agree that players "focus" on uniforms

Oct 6, 2013, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Strongly disagree - ask Alabama, Ohio State, and ]

and that "distracts" them no matter what. I always thought that sounded like pure BS to me though I don't care what Dabo says or does if it works and we win.

Sorry, headline should be "disagree". Makes more sense aye?

Oct 6, 2013, 8:38 PM

;)

Alabama's uniforms haven't changed much in

Oct 6, 2013, 5:47 PM

in the past 30 or 40 years. How is there recruiting?

before or after saban got there?

Oct 6, 2013, 8:06 PM

nm

Exactly.

Oct 6, 2013, 8:33 PM

Saban could probably get Wake to a NC game.

Take one game per yr ( & one only) & wear it all.

Oct 6, 2013, 8:22 PM

Purple shirts...orange pants....white and purple helmets with an orange paw. This is to be worn only in a gimme game such as The Citadel game (no disrespect intended). Then everyone drop it! All the other 13 games orange on white at home and white on white on road.

Sounds good to me, and let the players decide what they

Oct 6, 2013, 8:27 PM

want to wear for that game.

Some of these new uniforms look like clown uniforms.....

Oct 6, 2013, 8:36 PM

do we really want that?

Yeah, Ditch Tiger Rag and Play Rap Music Too Who Care About

Oct 6, 2013, 9:09 PM

Tradition

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic