Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The hard truth is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

The hard truth is...

Jan 30, 2021, 3:57 PM

Clemson rules the ACC and Swoffe and the 13 dwarves ( and Notre Dane) are in the rear view mirror. Don't give me basketball since no one outside the triangle and the state of Kentucky really care. It's a great time to be a Tiger and I hope the negative Nancies will stick to biching about women's sports

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The hard truth is...

May 29, 2016, 9:39 PM

Ok whoever TD'd me is obviously a coot.

a group of them must have banded together to scrape up the donation.

May 29, 2016, 9:56 PM

kind of makes them feel like they win at SOMETHING.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 29, 2016, 9:44 PM

Bet you are one of very very few Clemson fans and alumni that feel that way about Basketball in general and especially Basketball at Clemson

May 29, 2016, 9:50 PM

No, I am an alum and 90% of my friends are alums, and we have just given up on basketball. I went to most home games as a student, spent countless hours in littlejohn cheering the team, and I feel our administration is OK with basketball being a mid-teir program.

May 29, 2016, 9:55 PM

Well don't give up because Clemson Basketball will be back making alums like yourself and fans like myself proud once again...it has happened in the past and it will happen once again you can bet on that

May 29, 2016, 9:50 PM

If no one cares about basketball why are there countless bracket pools and games always on TV during the season?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 29, 2016, 9:55 PM

Ok maybe I should have left out the basketball comment, but this is Tigernet and if I said we rule the ACC, schucks would say "what about basketball?"

gambling.***

May 29, 2016, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The hard truth is... ]

I'll give you a thumbs up, because it is a great time to be

May 30, 2016, 12:29 AM

a Clemson Tiger. It always is, but particularly now; we are flat out killing it. There is plenty to be excited about.

But, you are dead wrong when you say that basketball doesn't matter. I look forward to the day when our basketball program catches up with football and baseball. There is absolutely no reason it can't, and no reason we shouldn't fully expect it to. Until it is, I won't let it dampen my enthusiasm for or enjoyment of our successes one bit.

That's not negative, it's true and it's honest.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'll give you a thumbs up, because it is a great time to be

May 30, 2016, 10:40 AM

SmilingTiger, I agree that we should want ALL Tiger athletic teams to do well. While I personally don't care that much for the game of basketball, I know some do. Do I think it will ever reach the level of love the FB team is? No, not ever. We are first and foremost a FB school. Like Alabama, Nebraska, USC, etc. As KY is for BB. Still, our kids doing well is always great.

As long as we don't ever get like the chickens, mediocre at everything except the most obscure sports. I mean look on fgf, they are talking about Boombus, Fishing, baseball, nascar, and alternative lifestyle Frisby toss. I want to be DOMINANT in football, make nice runs and win the ACC in Baseball and contend, and at least consistently make the dance in mens BB. I think those are fair and reasonable goals.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic