Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some Corona good news for once
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 682

Some Corona good news for once

Mar 8, 2020, 9:38 PM

The new cases and deaths in South Korea appear to be declining. Waning at roughly the same time they started to wane in China. That indicates that the doomsday exponential growth models are likely false.

Also good is that SK did not impose the super strict quarantines that China did and are still seeing numbers reduce.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s good! Link?***

Mar 8, 2020, 9:42 PM

this thread

Mar 9, 2020, 11:02 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/alchemytoday/status/1236986847454265344

Don't tell Tiggity***

Mar 8, 2020, 9:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a little perturbed with Tiggity until he shared that..

Mar 9, 2020, 1:16 AM

his father is in a home in Florida and therefore highly susceptible to the danger this virus poses. I deeply regret going at him so hard and offer no excuse. We would all do better to be more sensitive to one another and we all should be more transparent in who we really are and what underlying motivations we have for taking the positions we take on all these topics we discuss.

What we have here is truly a failure to communicate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NP. In the spirit of full disclosure

Mar 9, 2020, 7:58 AM

My mom has COPD, smokes, is 76yo has a bad knee and uses a walker, and has diabetes. Dad has diabetes, CHF, kidney disease, and a neurological condition unknown to science.

Mom probably should be in a nursing home too. Dad needs skilled nursing. He hasn't walked or stood upright for 3 years now.

Tack on running a small business....

Anyway, I have my concerns about our coronavirus response.

Oh, dad's in a skilled nursing facility in Lexington. He can't be in a normal nursing home, assisted living, etc. I couldn't even care for him if I quit working.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent for your folks & others in similar situations.

Mar 9, 2020, 8:47 AM

Take care _ Stress even when we think we are handling it well can take a toll.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't mean you start acting like everything

Mar 9, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to I was a little perturbed with Tiggity until he shared that.. ]

Is ####. Imo. My mom is 82. I have 2 in-laws in FLA home and one is in real bad shape with lupus.

We have 300ish cases in a huge country. I'd say that is almost a miracle at this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

564 cases. Just to clarify. Sorry, 566 cases.***

Mar 9, 2020, 8:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still pretty dang awesome. What did you expect?

Mar 9, 2020, 8:25 AM

No cases? 10? 20?
There is no way to keep it out of a country this big and this mobile.

Re: Doesn't mean you start acting like everything

Mar 9, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Doesn't mean you start acting like everything ]

Actually since we have lagged on testing we have no clue on how many cases. Might want to bear that in mind because the infection rate is way higher than the 566 cases documented. Will they all end in hospitalization or death, nope but to believe we are doing great is folly.CHina did not lock down 50 million plus, Italy has not quarantined 16 million plus for no reason.

good point. could be. But even with expanded testing

Mar 9, 2020, 9:08 AM

we'll never know cause some dont really show symptoms.

Re: Some Corona good news for once

Mar 8, 2020, 9:59 PM

Sweet! We need some good news. I may be naive, but it feels overhyped as far as danger. It's just messing up supply routes. I am more worried about the economy than getting sick.

Generally, this is overhyped.

Mar 9, 2020, 1:27 AM

That does not exempt us from personal responsibility to protect ourselves and do our best to protect others in our lives.

Anyone who is playing this down is doing an injustice to those who don't understand the seriousness of the virus. Anyone who is overhyping it is causing stress when stress isn't necessary. Imo, it's better to suffer stress than suffer being careless because some turd is telling us to ignore the issue.

Don't live in fear of this virus, live with respect for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This seems very similiar to focusing on Clemson's football

Mar 9, 2020, 11:13 AM

games.

It doesn't really matter how much I focus on the game; it won't change the outcome.

All I can do is wash my hands a lot (I already carried hand sanitizer everywhere because I'm a germaphobe) and generally stay away from people.

My participation in coronavirus is pretty much over at that point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Mar 9, 2020, 6:10 AM

They've also tested more than anyone. Except maybe China. Essential to manage it. The exponential growth doesn't last because people respond. Not like the dark ages anymore. Hope we can respond as well. So far we haven't federally. Locally we have done better.

The good news about corona virus is

Mar 9, 2020, 7:15 AM

it might save social security by knocking off all of the super elderly sucking the system dry.

Re: The good news about corona virus is

Mar 9, 2020, 8:28 AM

You mean those folks that paid in for 40 or more years? Those greedy bastages! How dare they expect a return on the money extracted as a mandatory deduction, the nerve of them is simply incredible.

Replies: 17
| visibility 682
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic