Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you are interested in an analysis of polls accuracy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 354

If you are interested in an analysis of polls accuracy

Nov 25, 2020, 8:12 AM

This article doae a pretty good job of putting this year into perspective. There are a couple of good graphs showing this year's accuracy and comparing it to previous presidential election polls.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/which-2020-election-polls-were-most-and-least-accurate/ar-BB1blCPc?li=BB141NW3

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are interested in an analysis of polls accuracy

Nov 25, 2020, 8:13 AM

does a good job

The fact that in 25 (voting) years I've never been polled

Nov 25, 2020, 8:45 AM

Leads me to believe they're not accurate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here in 40 years.***

Nov 25, 2020, 9:12 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The fact that in 25 (voting) years I've never been polled

Nov 25, 2020, 9:14 AM [ in reply to The fact that in 25 (voting) years I've never been polled ]

I am not sure I follow the logic in that.

Do you answer your cell when you don’t recognize the #?***

Nov 25, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to The fact that in 25 (voting) years I've never been polled ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are interested in an analysis of polls accuracy

Nov 25, 2020, 4:22 PM

Pretty clear:

"As you can see, this cycle’s polls were, as a group, among the least accurate since 1996."

Plus, no one cares about the popular vote! The polls are supposed to be predicting the election outcome. Candidates and campaigns do not work for the popular vote - they work for the electoral vote. Thus, Trump probably spent zero $ in CA. Makes sense. Maybe more spending closes the gap in CA, but who cares because it does not help.

Summing all PACs and orgs that spent more than $100M in this election cycle, the democrats spent almost 1 billion more. A significant amount - like 30% more or something to that effect.

Replies: 6
| visibility 354
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic