Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The "True Fan" Debate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 810

The "True Fan" Debate

Oct 22, 2013, 6:28 AM

So I guess the thousands of living Clemson alumni, the thousands of life long Tiger fans who may live far away, or perhaps the cost of tickets, Iptay, travel, etc. that has placed attending a game out of reach in their budget, are by definition of some on this Board not "True Fans"

By some, a "True Fan" is only one who attends every game and never leaves the game before it is over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WWS, fans come in all sizes and shapes, so to speak,

Oct 22, 2013, 6:57 AM

and you and I have to be thankful for all...regardless of whether or not they have the means to contribute or attend games.

Likewise, fans have been leaving football games early for various reasons, since the invention of the game, and no amount of pleading will change that. I generally like to remain; however, admittedly, I have left a few early for various reasons, although I consider that my business.

It's O.K. to encourage folks to remain, but I just won't condemn those who choose to leave early...just as I won't cast stones at those who aren't able to contribute or attend games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Only applies if you could have been in final blimp feed

Oct 22, 2013, 7:06 AM

for a national television audience. The empty stadium added insult to injury and could have been avoided. But too many folks don't get it or don't care, so I guess Clemson really being different has become another tradition gone by the wayside. That is sad. The game was not over. The entire stadium was practically a ghost town. It looked so ridiculous with the blimp showing the CLEMSON TIGERS lettering.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why weren't you there?

Oct 22, 2013, 7:42 AM

Must be a lousy fan!

Seriously, did you tape the game and see the shot?***

Oct 22, 2013, 8:08 AM

Full Stadiums

Oct 22, 2013, 7:48 AM [ in reply to No. Only applies if you could have been in final blimp feed ]

When you see a full stadium, you see a mixture of "true fans", people that went to the school and others that are there for a great afternoon or evening of entertainment. My guess would be that a great number of those in the stands and contributing to CU in a large financial manner are simply casual fans out for a bit of entertainment. Yea, they want the home team to win, but they don't live and die CU football. The fact of the matter is that the Clemson football team, and all that entails, did not provide a good evening of entertainment last Saturday night, so some of the fans left. At least they didn't ask for their money back. I swear some of you sound like you belong down at the local Baptist church fussin' over who is the best Christian. Get over yourselves. If you choose to contribute at a different level or in a different way, good for you. The stadium has been sold out or close at home games recently due to a good product being put on the field, nothing else. Go back to the 5-5 years and you will see empty seats all game long. College football is entertainment not life. As Dabo said on his show Sunday, the breast cancer victims put a football game in perspective.

Agree completely!

Oct 22, 2013, 7:55 AM

$10k a year, 36 tickets, 7 parking spots, 5 tents, trailered cookers, generators, music, TV's, Freezer! There at 9:30am and some loser in LA, on his couch with pictures of Nancy Pelosi on his wall is gonna tell me I can't leave the stadium! HA!

Hope you're kidding about the breast cancer comment

Oct 22, 2013, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Full Stadiums ]

Hard to believe the need to go there to divert attention. And I have a picture of Dabo on my wall at work.

Not kidding

Oct 22, 2013, 8:50 AM

Right at the end of the Dabo Swinney he spoke of his support for this issue and how it puts football in perspective.

Re: No. Only applies if you could have been in final blimp feed

Oct 22, 2013, 8:55 AM [ in reply to No. Only applies if you could have been in final blimp feed ]

take any team in the country on the same stage, if they are getting obliterated, most fans are going to leave. I don't blame them, and but I don't call them out because I stuck it out to the bitter end. I have sat through some miserable games till the clock read 0:00 and I have left early because I was so disgusted. But that doesn't define me as a fan because I can assure you I am just as much a lifelong, die hard fan than most. FSU is history, put it to bed and Go Tigers Beat Maryland!

"True Fan" is an arbitrary label used when one does not agree

Oct 22, 2013, 7:41 AM

with someone else's opinion. It is a sign of frustration by the person trying to apply the label.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A "true fan" sticks with th eteam through thick and thin....

Oct 22, 2013, 7:44 AM

I'm hurting right now but I still love the Tigers and will next week too!! That is the only thing that characterizes a true fan!!

Right on the money. Could care less about who goes or

Oct 22, 2013, 9:01 AM

doesn't go to the games or who stays or doesn't stay till the end. The main sign of a true fan is someone that doesn't get on a message board and trash players and coaches and gets their look at me feeling from coots agreeing with them. You're either for us and support us win or lose. Other people are just spectators.

another idiot who goes on and on and on...

Oct 22, 2013, 8:00 AM

About nonsense....trying to get everyone to ignore the real issues.

GO TIGERS !!!!!!

Tgaiter

Oct 22, 2013, 8:12 AM

First to Tgaiter you do not know if I was there or not, and really it's none of your business if I was, how long I stayed in, what I ate, drank etc.

I am just questioning all these "Tiger Holier Than Thou 's" that profess to know the meaning of "True Fan".

As a fan, you do not owe Clemson or any other institution anything.

Unless they paid for your education, paid for your ticket, bought you a couple of sodas and hot dogs, you owe them nothing.

You can buy your ticket, keep it, use it, sell it, give it away, stay in the game as long as you choose.

There is only one reason the Valley was empty in the 4th Quarter and it was what occurred on the field and the sideline.

So for all you "True Fans" my suggestion would be to express your displeasure to Dabo.

wws --- I believe Tgaiter was referring to me not you***

Oct 22, 2013, 8:15 AM

Thank you LA

Oct 22, 2013, 8:21 AM

I know these threads can be difficult to follow.

Missing the point easy for some

Oct 22, 2013, 8:04 AM

Too bad so many people miss the point in what it means to support the team and university until the end. Of course indiviuals can leave whenever they want. Speaking for the entire stadium, Clemson was snubbed by ABC showing an empty stadium with a lot of time on the clock. Poor losers. Poor losers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oops

Oct 22, 2013, 8:36 AM

Sorry Tgaiter.

A "true fan" has no "true" definition.........

Oct 22, 2013, 8:43 AM

just a LONG list of characteristics..........and they differ a lot.

Replies: 19
| visibility 810
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic