Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Kelly Bryant is who Dabo thinks is the best qb to lead our team,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

If Kelly Bryant is who Dabo thinks is the best qb to lead our team,

Jul 6, 2017, 3:25 PM

Then I for one support him and I'm excited to watch him play. What if he is just ridiculous on the read run option and then throws better than many here thinks he can. He could be exciting to watch. As others have mentioned after seeing what Streeter was able to do with Stoudt in just a few weeks makes me hopeful that this will be another season to remember for good reasons.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep,

Jul 6, 2017, 3:27 PM

Trust me some Dabo.

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Crap I think I thumbed you down as opposed to up. I will be

Jul 6, 2017, 3:54 PM

Thumbing you up from now on even if you talk about my mama

Enough wid the mama jokes***

Jul 6, 2017, 4:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Does your mama have fat fingers too?***

Jul 6, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Crap I think I thumbed you down as opposed to up. I will be ]

:)

Message was edited by: classof1994®

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Streeter looks to be a very good QB coach, but I think Coles

Jul 6, 2017, 3:30 PM

performance had more to do with him finally being healthy, than a few weeks of coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Disagree, Morris did not want him at QB, and Stoudt did not

Jul 6, 2017, 3:54 PM

play well for him. Streeter helped him gain confidence playing his style, not Watsons'.

Re: Disagree, Morris did not want him at QB, and Stoudt did not***

Jul 6, 2017, 5:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Disagree, Morris did not want him at QB, and Stoudt did not

Jul 6, 2017, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Disagree, Morris did not want him at QB, and Stoudt did not ]

If Morris didn't want him there it was for really good reason. Morris had a proven system, when a player can't run the system that is proven to work then he is replaced. But Swag was booted and Deshaun went down, so it was back to Stoudt

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disagree, Morris did not want him at QB, and Stoudt did not

Jul 6, 2017, 7:24 PM

It almost sounds like we're saying Stoudt was a good QB, but Morris was rigid in his system and would not play Stoudt even when he did well.

You're probably not saying that at all, but I tried to interpret it that way 'cause I felt like Morris refused to adjust his scheme to the QB's strengths like Streeter and our OC's managed to do. OR - maybe Morris just did not know how to adjust his scheme. Dunno. Anyway, DW4 was HIS QB of choice, so it's moot.

good point. You may be correct.***

Jul 6, 2017, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Streeter looks to be a very good QB coach, but I think Coles ]

When it comes to deciding which QB is most capable

Jul 6, 2017, 3:32 PM

of running the team and bringing home the wins, between Dabo and T-Net, I give a slight edge to Dabo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

99.99% it will be KB since has 12 plays under belt compared to

Jul 6, 2017, 3:36 PM

0% for others, other than that QB from Fl who has 2 plays. Saying...count on experience starting even if minimal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled 'huge', ST

Jul 6, 2017, 8:35 PM [ in reply to When it comes to deciding which QB is most capable ]

hugely.

KB is very fast and elusive running the ball.

Jul 6, 2017, 3:35 PM

That TD vs Miami comes to mind. With all the weapons we have on offense he will just have to hit some inside slant passes and some out routes to go along with the jet sweeps, option runs etc and this offense will be just fine.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB is very fast and elusive running the ball.

Jul 6, 2017, 7:13 PM

Running isn't enough. He must be able to throw the ball in our offense.

Re: If Kelly Bryant is who Dabo thinks is the best qb to lead our team,

Jul 6, 2017, 3:37 PM

Call me crazy, but I honestly think the staff has been playing possum when it comes to showcasing Kelly Bryant's skills. The reason I feel like this is so the opposing teams will not know how to game plan against him. I feel he's going to play a crap ton better than people are expecting. I seem him becoming a guy that will deliver an average of 200 yards per game and 50 yards rushing. He's not going to take many risk either. Just my two cents.

I'm not sure 200 yds per game passing...

Jul 6, 2017, 11:35 PM

...is going to get the job done. He better be up closer to 300 average per game.

Bryant , if not first team, would be excellent Wildcat QB

Jul 6, 2017, 3:51 PM

to use frequently I hope!

Jul 6, 2017, 4:11 PM

Yeah if it is KB game 1 I look for a lot of short throws to build KB some confidence early on... get him rolling.

The Stoudt performance in the bowl game is one of the

Jul 6, 2017, 4:42 PM

most overblown things on all of Tigernet. Brandon Streeter was QB coach for less than 3 weeks before the bowl game. I don't care how good of a coach he is, there's almost no impact that he could've made on Stoudt in that short amount of time.

And the injury argument.. Stoudt was healthy at UGA when he threw for 5 YPA, 0 TDs, 1 INT, and orchestrated what felt like about 10 straight 3 and outs in the 2nd half.

There may be a little bit of credence to the argument that Elliott called a better game than Chad Morris, but i seriously doubt that was a huge factor.

I think Stoudt just happened to have a great game (and it certainly didn't hurt that he was facing a Big XII defense). It was an outlier. Stoudt attempted 302 passes in 2014 so why should i believe that 36 of them from the OU game are vastly more indicative of what kind of QB he was than the other 266?

May be right but I was deployed at the time and watched every game that

Jul 6, 2017, 4:48 PM

Was available that year. When deshaun was in we were great. When stoudt was in it was only a matter of time before he threw an interception. I was wanting to believe in him but he routinely came in and 3 and outted or turned the ball over. The bowl game was night and day difference. I was debating whether to even wake up to watch it (was like 300 am I think). I was so happy that I did. What a great game 'dem boys played. Not sure all the factors but he looked like what we had hoped he'd look like all year.

Re: The Stoudt performance in the bowl game is one of the

Jul 6, 2017, 8:50 PM [ in reply to The Stoudt performance in the bowl game is one of the ]

Stoudt was not a good qb. Morris had it right.

Jul 6, 2017, 5:15 PM

I have no preference at QB. We can rotate 3 QB's for all I care. Whoever and whenever is up to Dabo & Co. I just want to win. I'm sure the majority of our players feel the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2017, 7:21 PM

Im betting on Hunter Johnson being the best qb to run the offense.

Jul 6, 2017, 6:52 PM

Well, he'll never be another another DW4 but I get what you are saying- he could be another Woody D. and that would be fun to watch.

KB couldn't beat walk-on Schuss last year

Jul 6, 2017, 9:00 PM

he better have gotten a whole lot better

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB couldn't beat walk-on Schuss last year

Jul 6, 2017, 9:19 PM

Yes

To be honest, I don't think there is a whole lot that separates

Jul 6, 2017, 9:22 PM

The bunch. So might as well pick from the intangibles list and KB can make something out of a busted play better than the rest.

Or go with the guy who has the most talent, biggest upside,

Jul 6, 2017, 10:01 PM

and will be in the program the longest.

well whoever plays this year ain't playing next year so just

Jul 10, 2017, 12:58 PM

start whoever is going to win you games for this year. And im never the "backup is best" guy. I just think we do ourselves a disservice if trevor Lawrence does play early and often next year.

doesn't....that n't makes a huge difference doesn't it?***

Jul 10, 2017, 12:59 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic