Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Odds Are Not in Our Favor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

The Odds Are Not in Our Favor

Dec 24, 2018, 10:38 PM

Folks, what are the chances 3 of our players have False Positives for the same obscure banned substance? I could understand 3 tests with different substances but the fact that all 3 have ostarine in their system leads me to believe they all were taking a dietary supplement not knowing ostarine was included. How is that possible? USADA states that many supplements falsely label ostarine under another name or don’t list it at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or could simply be produced on the same machinery

Dec 24, 2018, 10:42 PM

Agree completely. They will not be playing in the playoff. I

Dec 24, 2018, 10:51 PM

do believe that they have no idea where it came from. But I am also concerned that if those three have been exposed to it, mayby the entire team has. The NCAA probably only tested three of our players total. So the concern it to find out what it is that this stuff is in that is coming near our players.

Re: The Odds Are Not in Our Favor

Dec 24, 2018, 10:52 PM

I agree with you that this could be the case. However, if it is, it seems like it would be a fairly routine matter to narrow down what the offending product was since it's something that most likely only the 3 of them had been taking recently since none of the rest of the team triggered on the test. And yet, they knew about this since last Thurs and you'd think that if they figured it out, they would have come forward with that info by now. That leads me to think that they genuinely do not know or there was a contamination source. Only other option is not a pleasant one...that being they claimed not to know when caught by surprise and first asked and are trapped in a lie now even if it was something they weren't aware had this ingredient in it.

Regardless, I find this one more frustrating than usual because I was so happy and satisfied about our status with almost no injuries going into the CFP. I should have known not to be optimistic about that. Every year that we have a team that appears capapble of taking Bama down on a fairly consistent basis, we get some BS like this...like the year Deon Cain and the others got suspended.

What worries me more than just losing Dex as an individual is losing him as one of the 4 power rangers, the unit. The guys depend on each other and even though our backups are better than most, we won't just be losing Dex's individual presence but the mojo that lineup plays with as a whole. I seriously hope this gets resolved, at least by 2nd game if we make it past 1st.

They were probably the only three tested. They don't

Dec 25, 2018, 12:24 AM

test the entire team. At least I don't think they do. I would prefer if your scenario is correct. That would be good. But I think they only randomly test a few.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic