Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The "OLD" Cole
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 808

The "OLD" Cole

Nov 17, 2014, 11:35 AM

Whatever happened to that guy that used to come in after Boyd and throw slants, fades, and the occasional deep ball. You know, the same guy that a lot of people wanted to come in for Boyd when he got rattled. The same guy that many people said was a far more accurate passer than Boyd. Remember that completion percentage? What happened to that guy? How did that guy turn into what we have now? How did the accuracy for even short passes totally disappear?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He only came in when we were up by 7 TD's late in the 4th.***

Nov 17, 2014, 11:36 AM

The other team was too tired to make a mockery out of him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when you quit spouting BS, then you'll be a Tiger fan.

Nov 17, 2014, 11:45 AM

Cole came into a few games that were not blowouts. BC in Tajh's sophomore year is a prime case in point.

Given the fact that Cole led 3 drives against UGA earlier this year, and a drive against FSU, I'd say that the OP has a point that you simply are too immature to want to accept.

Go pull for the Coots!

Against BC in 2011, Stoudt came into the game when it was

Nov 17, 2014, 11:55 AM

23-7, and we were 3rd and Goal at the 3. We kicked a FG on the next play to make it 26-7. There was just over 27 minutes left in the game.

In the last 27 minutes of the game that Stoudt played against BC, he accounted for 33 total yards (37 passing and -4 rushing). Let's not pretend that Stoudt led us to victory in that game. We basically asked him to hand it off and throw screen passes to kill the clock.

That was basically Stoudt's only "close game" where he played more than a series in a game where the outcome wasn't completely decided. He came into this season as a much bigger question mark than most wanted to admit. Unfortunately, as the season went along, it became painfully obvious that he doesn't have the skill-set needed to run this offense.

Re: Against BC in 2011, Stoudt came into the game when it was

Nov 17, 2014, 12:11 PM

Even though it was mop up duty he was throwing passes downfield to Recievers. Whether they were open or covered, it seems like he can't do that anymore. The 2 plays that stick in my head the most this yr were both short passes to a wide open Legette. The one in the FSU game, and one a couple weeks ago on the same route. Cole did complete like 19-20 against SC St one yr. Although SC state is obviously inferior competition, I can't see him doing that against ANYBODY right now. Those were 19 passes that he threw and our team caught.

Re: The "OLD" Cole

Nov 17, 2014, 11:38 AM

I think it is a combination of injuries and confidence. Cole was playing well when he had the ability to stretch the field. He wasn't going to win it for you but he wasn't going to lose it. Somehow he lost the ability to throw a ball over 15 yards. Sure he can manage a game but the Morris offense requires stretching the field to be effective.

null

if he would cut that hair----all would return to normal***

Nov 17, 2014, 11:43 AM

Replies: 6
| visibility 808
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic