Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Golden Age
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

The Golden Age

Oct 12, 2016, 9:16 AM

I was just telling my 15 year old son the other day that he was so lucky to be able to see the Golden age of Clemson football. I was born a month after the 81 season ended with the Championship and didn't get to enjoy that one at all, and then of corse I was pretty young and didn't appreciate what was happening during the rest of the Danny years, I remember some big games happening in the background but wasn't into football yet.
He didn't have to wait thru the awful seasons like I did to get to experience excellent home brewed football.
He's lived 15 minutes from Death Valley his whole life and has been to many games.
The point is, breathe in every game, every TD, and every play because it really might end sooner rather than later, we never know what might happen.
Appreciate it, enjoy it, see it live if you get a chance.

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the games are more fun now, but the overall enjoyment

Oct 12, 2016, 9:40 AM

around the game day experience has waned, IMO.

Everything is such a hassle now ---- parking, tickets, traffic, security, kickoff times, etc.

It was much more pleasant when we knew 90% of the games were going to be played on Saturdays at 1pm.
Kids could play or slide down the hills during the games without parents worrying about them, high school kids could walk up and buy a general admission Hill ticket for $3/$4/$5/$6 (they increased over the years).

I don't miss the spotty quality of football, but I kinda miss the quality of the overall experience from back in the older days. The price you pay for success, I suppose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the games are more fun now, but the overall enjoyment

Oct 12, 2016, 10:05 AM

What's the issue with tickets and or parking?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you don't see the dozens of posts about tickets/parking?

Oct 12, 2016, 10:23 AM

I have season tickets so it's not a problem for me, but scores of people don't.

Used to be a "infinite" number of Hill seats, you never got turned down for a GA (or GG as it were) ticket at the gate. And parking downtown was plentiful if you didn't have an assigned pass.

it's just much more of a hassle now than it used to be because of demand ---- plus the lack of real estate for parking due to building construction over the years. I remember when Bowman Field was used for parking (except on Homecoming weekend).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Golden Age

Oct 12, 2016, 9:59 AM

My son is five and he is enjoying it. I hope this run stays with Clemson for some time and he enjoys 30 to 60 more years. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic