Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey, I say go with the Guys who want to be Clemson TiGERs &
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,070

Hey, I say go with the Guys who want to be Clemson TiGERs &

Jan 31, 2013, 10:14 AM

let the rest go where their MaMa's, PaPa's, Girl Friends, Team Mates or Friends want them to go..whether it's GT, FSU, UGa, UT, UA, AU, OSU or even SC.

Take the best we can get..coach 'em up, make 'em men and let 'em run down The HILL and play Big Boy football in front of 85,000 Orange Fans loving on them with some noise & support.

Saying...Play Ball, have fun, win & make some more history in Death Valley #1. GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said lightbulbbill***

Jan 31, 2013, 10:15 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said lightbulbbill***

Jan 31, 2013, 1:55 PM

That's complete nonsense. Under the best interpretation, it doesn't mean anything. If we assume that he actually means what he says, it's let's just ask recruits who really wants to come to Clemson, sign the ones the coaches feel best about it and forget recruiting.

That's absolutley the dumbest strategy with regard to building a football team I've ever heard. It ignores correlation and even causal relationship between success in recruiting and success on the field.

How would we like Clemson football without James Davis, CJ Spiller, Dwayne Allen, Brandon Thompson, Sammy Watkins, and Tajh Boyd, not to mention Byron Maxwell, Jacoby Ford, DeAndre McDaniel, Kourtnei Brown, Jamie Harper, Antoine McClain, Xavier Brewer, and Andre Ellington.

All those players were recruited to come to Clemson. Some of them even committed to other schools before they signed with Clemson.

What you're missing is that deciding where you want to attend college is a huge deal for high school players. Getting the quality athlete, student, and young man you want in your program is just as big a deal for college coaches.

I don't mean this to say that these young men are just commodities because they are soo much more, but I think a pizza motto says quite a lot here. Better ingredients better pizza. The type young matter tremendously and there is a huge competition among colleges.

i think we need higher standards than that***

Jan 31, 2013, 12:05 PM

*Dude, you read my mind*

Jan 31, 2013, 1:31 PM

I want the kids that are ALL IN

No second guesses
No turning back
No regrets

And no settling for ANYTHING less than helping to contributing to Clemson being ELITE, Dominate, and the ENVY of every other program!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's all fine and dandy but this staff has had a problem

Jan 31, 2013, 1:59 PM

"coaching them up".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever....just want "Men" who know what makes them happy..

Jan 31, 2013, 3:01 PM

and that Clemson is that place to be all you can be.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,070
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic