Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody see the clip with David Pollack and Bama LB's?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Anybody see the clip with David Pollack and Bama LB's?

Aug 8, 2012, 1:47 PM

The LB's said they watched the linemen' hands to see if they were heavy or light on their hands, and also which way they leaned to determine what the play would be and which way they needed to move. I'm pretty sure our guys didn't do that last year. Lots of times they were looking at each other and waving their hands in puzzlement when the ball was snapped.

I didn't know they could do that. Is that common knowledge? If my memory is correct, when the linemen were heavy on their hands, then it was a RUN, otherwise a PASS. Also, when the guard reacted, they knew where they needed to run to. If he popped up, they knew it was a PASS and moved to the needed spot. Interesting. I guess I just enjoy the game and don't really understand the complexity of it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That you Brad Scott?***

Aug 8, 2012, 1:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: That you Brad Scott?***

Aug 8, 2012, 2:28 PM

What did Brad do??????

Yea, these things are common knowledge for any D1 coach

Aug 8, 2012, 1:52 PM

and I'm sure they teach this to their players.

I know in high school, we were always taught to watch the guards, because they would take you to the play.

null

Re: Yea, these things are common knowledge for any D1 coach

Aug 8, 2012, 2:00 PM

see? I didn't know how they did that. I always like a great D, but can never really understand how it gets that way.

Re: Anybody see the clip with David Pollack and Bama LB's?

Aug 8, 2012, 2:01 PM

I immediately change the channel if I even get a glimpse of that douchebags face. He is so full of himself and the puppy dawgs.

He's one of the few guys on there

Aug 8, 2012, 2:24 PM

that actually knows football pretty well. He had a heck of a career in front of him before he got hurt.

He is actually pretty high on Clemson***

Aug 8, 2012, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody see the clip with David Pollack and Bama LB's? ]

its addressed in Marky Marks movie

Aug 8, 2012, 2:04 PM

Where he plays Vince for the Eagles

Re: Anybody see the clip with David Pollack and Bama LB's?

Aug 8, 2012, 2:17 PM

Our guys were trained to look over to the sidelines, if steele was jumping around waving his hands wildly, then they were about to snap the ball. If he was light on his hands, then they were having taco night and hurry up and finish the game.

Hopefully venables will get these things corrected.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for the breakdown of Steele's playcalling hahaha***

Aug 8, 2012, 2:23 PM

Mmmmm Taco Night. ******

Aug 8, 2012, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody see the clip with David Pollack and Bama LB's? ]

In high school ball you can't read as much except run or

Aug 8, 2012, 2:25 PM

pass, but with D1 O-lineman they have specific steps to take on each play and I guess you could read a lean or a tightened split based on what you saw on film. Obviously you can't read hands off of film, but you can determine a general play type and direction, which would allow you to narrow that down more by the formation of the backfield and personnel.

That being said, you still have to play within the defensive call from the sidelines, but that might lead to a quicker audible if you can watch that instead of having to try and remember what you are supposed to do on the defensive play.

Obviously you can see why we don't see this at the high school level. If a LB did this in high school, people would call it "instincts."

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic