Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For years we have heard these gun nuts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 584

For years we have heard these gun nuts

Sep 1, 2020, 2:58 PM

railing against confiscation of guns and stating that if their protests don't work, they'll start shooting the imaginary gun confiscators.

But let black people protest against racial injustice, it falls on deaf ears, so they start rioting and all of a sudden those gun nuts can't understand it.

It's because you don't want to understand it.

What comes after protesting when protesting doesn't grab the attention it deserves?

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Please define “Racial Injustice”

Sep 1, 2020, 3:02 PM

If you even have a clue....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No thanks

Sep 1, 2020, 3:05 PM

you're old enough to know you just want to strawman so you can act like systematic racism in this country doesn't exist.

Not taking the bait

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

That’s what I thought...

Sep 1, 2020, 3:17 PM

You’re just spouting the Dem talking points without a clue what they mean.
Another question: Which of our Systems or Govmt Entities are racist as you claim?
Don’t chicken out....

Re: That’s what I thought...

Sep 2, 2020, 10:47 AM

Bengaline,

Here is your definition and just one of many examples

Institutional racism (also known as systemic racism) is a form of racism that is embedded as normal practice within society or an organization. It can lead to such issues as discrimination in criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, political power, and education, among other issues.

https://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

And here is a list of a dozen more:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=name+discrimination+resume&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

Let me know what you think after reading some of these

Name a system which is racist...

Sep 1, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to No thanks ]

other than our education and immigration systems and explain how they are systemically racist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm only puzzled by the fact...

Sep 1, 2020, 3:07 PM

that one situation remains suppositional and the other is demonstrated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a school teacher.

Sep 1, 2020, 3:16 PM

The probability that he understood that is...no wait. I'm not dissing school teachers again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What deaf ears?

Sep 1, 2020, 3:09 PM

You mean police departments that actively had their budgets slashed. Training classes were cancelled.

Numerous corporations made donations to black causes and justice/defense funds.

Numerous police officers involved in these incidents were immediately terminated (often times violating union rules).

BLM was added to numerous corporate email signatures and websites.

Those deaf ears?

If that's not progress, what is 'enough' to not justify rioting/looting/violence?

Re: For years we have heard these gun nuts

Sep 1, 2020, 3:11 PM

The riots have far little to do with black people protesting racial injustice and much more about 20-something, nerdish white kids, who have abandoned their skateboards to follow a misguided belief that donning all black somehow gives them some moral high ground and physical toughness. I'd be willing to bet you could not get any two of these lowlife, loser, dregs of society to give you a consistent, coherent answer as to why they're breaking and burning stuff. I will give them credit for choosing locations with left-leaning leadership who is either inclined to allow it or impotent to stop it. Hopefully the few that actually get arrested will do some jail time. Maybe they can impress their new inmate friends with their tales of mischief.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The attention protests deserve?

Sep 1, 2020, 3:13 PM

They get way more attention than is warranted now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

The protesting did not fall on deaf ears.

Sep 1, 2020, 3:14 PM

Tim Scott, a republican, sponsored a bill on police reform. The only ear which was deaf to that piece of legislation was Pelosi's. Trump supported it. She wouldn't put it on the floor for discussion and debate. I can only think of two reasons.

Either she didn't want to give Trump a win or she wanted to make it a campaign issue and hold black America hostage.

If there's another possibility, unlike Pelosi, I believe we are open to discuss or debate it.

That bill failed to pass in the Senate, 55 to 45.

Sep 1, 2020, 3:30 PM

Nancy Pelosi is in the House of Representatives and can't pass bills in the Senate. Democrats in the Senate felt the bill didn't go far enough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may have read lying sources, but can't remember...

Sep 1, 2020, 3:34 PM

I believe 20 compromises were offered on the Scott bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Democrats wanted to end qualified immunity.

Sep 1, 2020, 3:51 PM

“The qualified immunity line is not one we’re going to cross,” Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) has previously told Politico.

"From the Republican perspective, and the president has sent a signal that qualified immunity is off the table. They see that as a poison pill on our side," Sen. Tim Scott said on "Face the Nation." "We can use the decertification of officers, except for the law enforcement unions say that's a poison pill."

Romney messing stuff up for everybody***

Sep 1, 2020, 5:35 PM

Re: The protesting did not fall on deaf ears.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:51 AM [ in reply to The protesting did not fall on deaf ears. ]

Before the pot calls the kettle black:

https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mcconnell-grim-reaper-395-house-bills-senate-wont-pass-1487401

I'm sorry, but that is total horse sheet...

Sep 2, 2020, 10:58 AM

How can you say the peaceful protests didn't "grab any ears". That statement is so far from reality that I'm honestly at a loss for words.

There is no excuse for the rioting and looting. None. I guarandamntee you that a good chunk of the people rioting and looting and so no are not doing it to achieve political reform and call attention to racial problems...they're doing it because they either see it as an excuse to riot or they believe in some anarchal world view.

The fact of the matter is that the rioting and looting take the focus OFF of the racial complaints and turn everything into a law and order debate. Good people working to effect change know that.

Replies: 17
| visibility 584
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic