Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dog question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 278

Dog question

Apr 29, 2020, 9:42 AM

Half a year ago my neighbor bought a husky puppy because the pup cute and they knew nothing about the breed.

Dog is around 7 or 8 months old now and big. He's bored due to lack of exercise so he tears up furniture and shoes. Not only does he lack exercise he lacks chew toys etc etc.

He escapes when he can and then I suspect gets punished.

Now they just lock him up. I hear he whine way more than I should.

He's never had any training and doubt he can walk on a leash from what the mother says.

How can I rescue that pup and get him with the proper family. I would like to handle this discreetly and neighborly. ( I have a pit/boxer so I can't adopt him.)

Any advice on how to get the pup away?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You want to steal your neighbors dog and give it away?***

Apr 29, 2020, 9:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe. Do you have 80 acres with another

Apr 29, 2020, 9:46 AM

800 in easy driving range?

If not, let’s just save us both some time and end the conversation now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Realistically, you can't. That is stealing and kinda

Apr 29, 2020, 9:50 AM

effed up

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That all sounds like quintessential husky behavior.

Apr 29, 2020, 9:56 AM

If your neighbors are reasonable perhaps you can talk them into giving the dog up. Often times there are breed-specific rescue organizations who will be equipped to properly handle a dog like that.

Re: That all sounds like quintessential husky behavior.

Apr 29, 2020, 10:08 AM

Thanks

If they're committed to keeping it you may consider

Apr 29, 2020, 10:14 AM

trying to educate them about the breed. Huskies need to be exercised physically and mentally otherwise they'll become destructive like you described. You could recommend Kong toys:

https://www.kongcompany.com/

I'm not an expert or anything, but I had a husky who was a big, lovable a-hole and they can be demanding animals.

Re: If they're committed to keeping it you may consider

Apr 29, 2020, 11:01 AM

I think I recall seeing a picture of your pup years ago and commenting how beautiful it was. I'm too banged up to keep up with a dog that energetic, but can't stand to see it endure this mess either.

Apr 29, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to That all sounds like quintessential husky behavior. ]

Thanks

Apr 29, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to That all sounds like quintessential husky behavior. ]

Thanks

Thanks

I really mean, Thanks ... Sorry. I could not

Apr 29, 2020, 10:10 AM

tell that my reply posted.

No, but seriously,

Apr 29, 2020, 10:09 AM [ in reply to That all sounds like quintessential husky behavior. ]

thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really appreciate it.***

Apr 29, 2020, 10:16 AM

I went through something similar actually. Seriously

Apr 29, 2020, 10:17 AM

I went and physically stole the dog from them and refused to give it back. They called the police on me and we got into a huge fight in the middle of the street. The police ultimately made me give the dog back because they did have evidence of me trespassing. I harassed them for 3 years until I moved. Thankfully, the dog ended up miraculously getting off it's chain and found a good home allegedly.

#### idiots like that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Add this one to the list

Apr 29, 2020, 10:26 AM

MauldinT

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I still drive by that dumb ####### house occasionally just

Apr 29, 2020, 10:29 AM

to make sure she hasn't chained up another one with no food or water. "Butttt I'm working on fixing the hole in her water bucket......" Ugh, still infuriates me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had the same issue with my in-laws

Apr 29, 2020, 10:31 AM

turns out a high strung hunting puppy doesn't cure clinical depression.

The dog ended up living 23-24 hours per day in a 8x10 laundry room never getting out or having physical contact.

Finally told them I was taking the dog whether they wanted me to or not because no dog deserved that life. They understood. I think the person you're referring too knows too but doesn't know what to do about it.

Now Bella the Boykin is sitting on my feet with her nose on my knee where she can't breath because she's a god #### idiot.

She spends all day sleeping either on the couch or out in the yard, chasing birds, and scaring the chickens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Dog question .... I'm calling

Apr 29, 2020, 11:03 AM

the local shelter when they open and calling husky rescue.

Probably will end up talking to the dogs owner later.

Replies: 18
| visibility 278
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic