Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tell me if this story smells funny.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 413

Tell me if this story smells funny.

Feb 20, 2019, 9:14 AM

A buddybook fran posted this, with the preamble of "this may or may not be true, but it COULD happen..."

An Uber driver posted this, and tagged the girl she was supposed to pick up:

Cristin Cinquino is with Emmy Hurley at Tampa International Airport.
12 hrs
I always see these stories online about human/sex trafficking... never thought I would be directly involved in one.
So I've been uber/Lyft driving for extra money the last couple months. I mostly pick up people from the airport bc I figured they wouldn't be drunk and are probably somewhat sane if they just got off a plane.
Well last night I was doing what I always do, waiting in the lot to get a ride. My phone goes off with a ride from Uber and it's a girl, she says she's there waiting. I tell her where to go and tell her i'm omw to get her. I pull up and she's not there. I called, no answer, called again, no answer, called again, still no answer... something told me not to just mark her as a no show and leave, so I called one more time and she answered. I asked her where she was and she said "who is this?" I said "it's cristin, your uber driver", the next 5 min was the LONGEST, SCARIEST 5 min of my life... she said back to me, "i think I got in a car that's not an uber, I NEED HELP" I listened on the other end, helplessly, while this girl is crying, begging the driver to let her out. The driver wouldn't turn around and look at her and kept yelling at her to calm down and saying "i'm uber driver" in a foreign accent. The driver wouldn't stop and was not headed to her destination, she got off the interstate at the Port of Tampa exit(likely headed to a warehouse near the port or directly to a boat where they ship all these victims away) I told her whatever she does, do NOT hang up the phone and that I didn't care if the car was moving, leave your stuff and jump out of the car. She finally saw some people walking and told the driver they were her friends and she was on the phone with them and they would call the cops. The driver slowed down and she jumped out and ran.
I'm still on the phone this whole time telling her to run as fast as she can and find somewhere she can go inside. I made it to her to pick her up a few minutes later, she got in my car and I hugged her and we cried for a few minutes.
I'm pretty sure this woman was watching me and when she saw me get a ride on my phone, she left before me, in the same type of car, and picked up my rider.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, ask your drivers name, tell them to tell you your name, and check the license plate number!!!! It was late, she was tired as her flight was delayed a few hours and made a mistake that likely almost cost her her life.
Feel free to share.

So I click on Emmy Hurley's name/buddybook page. First post on her page is her account of this story. It has 97K likes, and 271K shares.

Emmy Hurley is in Tampa, Florida.
19 hrs ·
Last night I was picked up by an Uber. Same car, female driver. I MADE A MISTAKE. I got in before checking, as she opened the back door for me from her seat. She drove erratically and didn't speak. About 10 minutes in, my actual Uber called me asking where I was. My voice cracked, because in that instant I knew. "A car... I think I need help." She told me not to hang up and to get out of the car however I possibly could. The lady refused to stop or respond to me. I told her she was driving by my friends (random girls I saw) and they would call the cops. She slowed a little, pointing at her phone saying "Uber. I take you back then." I said, no here is fine. She kept going. I booked it out the door, car still moving. She sped off.

I later found out she is a sex traffic worker. They use women to lure people in, and possibly hang out in the Uber lot to steal rides of similar looking cars. The cops didn't come, but my real Uber driver did Cristin Cinquino, and hugged me, kept me safe, and cried with me. Always, always check your Uber. I'm lucky

Just to recap here...the cops didn't come, but Emmy "found out later she is a sex traffic worker."

OK...how'd you find that out? Isn't it just as plausible, maybe even moreso, that an Uber driver who doesn't speak English very well picked up the wrong passenger, and was taking her to a different location requested by another passenger, and couldn't communicate that to Emmy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you are supposed to get a picture of the driver

Feb 20, 2019, 9:20 AM

when using Uber

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This happened on one of those live stream thingys...

Feb 20, 2019, 9:26 AM

https://youtu.be/bvZFM5avA64

something's definitely 'off'. You're trying to tell me that

Feb 20, 2019, 9:28 AM

this story involved not one, but TWO female drivers, and ZERO unexplainable crashes?

I'm calling Boulshid

Not sure

Feb 20, 2019, 9:31 AM

kept sniffing my monitor, no discernable smell at all

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting that!

Feb 20, 2019, 9:51 AM

Heading to the Charlotte airport right now, I'll let you know if it works!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want.

Feb 20, 2019, 10:02 AM

If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you take her to the bowling alley instead of home because you picked up the wrong passenger, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you, and then I will post an amazing story on buddybook that you can share with all of your friends. Yes, I made it shareable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Definitely sex trafficking. Undoubtedly

Feb 20, 2019, 10:00 AM

Need to post on insta to make people aware!.......................That I'm a victim now too!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This does seem to carry on like two people trying

Feb 20, 2019, 10:07 AM

to get on the Today Show.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz. And the REAL story, posted a little over an hour ago.

Feb 20, 2019, 10:12 AM

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/tampa-police-viral-airport-sex-trafficking-post-not-what-it-seems

Her buddybook page reads like a Social media "influencer"

Feb 20, 2019, 11:10 AM

jet setting around posting "walking away pics" nice thong tho'

Im calling bs

Re: Tell me if this story smells funny.

Feb 20, 2019, 11:11 AM

https://twitter.com/TB_Times/status/1098247153594613761

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell me if this story smells funny.

Feb 20, 2019, 11:13 AM

I almost posted this earlier with a /r/thathappened comment.

Replies: 12
| visibility 413
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic