Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We Arrive in FranceArriving
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

We Arrive in FranceArriving

Jul 3, 2018, 2:57 PM

Arriving safely at our dock in Le Havre after a few scary moments enroute from Southampton, we could now breathe a sigh of relief. We could find no leaks in the walls of the Marine Wolf after experiencing the results of the depth charges but no one was interested in taking a short nap before our arrival. The Marine Wolf had to be a sturdy ship to withstand all of that shuddering.

The 3125th, was the first unit to board the Marine Wolf in Southampton so that meant we would be the last to debark in Le Havre. I don't know how many men were aboard but we had to wait a long time before we were given the order to start climbing those many stairs. There we were, in the bottom of the ship for at least two hours and had not had our first peek at France. Word had filtered down that we would walk down a gangplank to a hastily built dock, so that was one consolation, we would not have to climb down a net with all of our possessions.

After what seemed like ages, we finally received word to pick up our gear and start the climb to the top deck. Finally we were going to see a little bit of France, hopefully a better view than the innards of the Marine Wolf. When we finally arrived on the top deck, there was our non-favorite Lt. bellowing out useless orders about our lining up and marching to an area where trucks were awaiting our arrival. The trucks were to transport us to one of the many camps in the area, camps designed for new arrivals. The camps were named for the brands of cigarettes, hence., they were called the "cigarette" camps. We would eventually learn we were going to Camp Lucky Strike.

It was now late January and it was cold. The early morning dawn supplied enough light so we could see the extent of the temporary dock repairs. Had there been an organization similar to our current government organization, OSHA, that dock would have been condemned. There was no safety rail on the water side and at one point where one would expect the walkway to expand, it actually narrowed. Ships with drafts of 30 - 35 feet were using these docks so the water depth at dockside was in excess of 35 feet.

All of our men were now on the dock and ready to march to the area where trucks were awaiting our arrival. The Lt. gave the order to march and off we went. The Lt. was continually spouting out orders when we approached the area near the point where the dock narrowed. He was about two men in front of Steve (Pollock) Kozak. I was in the same column just behind Pollock and our column was next to the water. When we reached the point where the dock narrowed, the Lt. fell in the water. Fortunately, his back pack provided enough flotation to keep him afloat, Pollock and I were closest to him and with the aid of a couple of other men were able to pull him out of the water. After he was safely on the dock, we could detect a few snickers among the troops. The water was cold and everything he had was soaking wet. Needless to say, he was madder than a setting hen warding off a pack of Blue Jays. I don't remember how far Camp Lucky Strike was from the dock but the Lt. had to endure those wet clothes until we arrived at the camp. The temperature was just a bit above freezing so some of the men got out their blanket and wrapped them around the Lt. No one was going to let one of your own drown but if someone in our company were doomed to fall in the water, the Lt. would have won the vote in a 100& land slide.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not

Jul 3, 2018, 3:00 PM

a Trevor Lawrence post

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Here, let me fix it...

Jul 3, 2018, 3:27 PM

Trevor Lawrence Arrive in FranceArriving

Arriving safely at Trevor Lawrence's dock in Le Havre after a few scary moments enroute from Southampton, Trevor Lawrence could now breathe a sigh of relief. Trevor Lawrence could find no leaks in the walls of the Marine Wolf after experiencing the results of the depth charges but Trevor Lawrence was interested in taking a short nap before Trevor Lawrence's arrival. The Marine Wolf had to be a sturdy ship to withstand all of that Trevor Lawrence.

The 3125th, was the first unit to board the Marine Wolf in Southampton so that meant Trevor Lawrence would be the last to debark in Le Havre. Trevor Lawrence don't know how many Trevor Lawrences were aboard but Trevor Lawrence had to wait a long time before Trevor Lawrence was given the order to start climbing those many stairs. There Trevor Lawrence were, in the bottom of the ship for at least two hours and had not had Trevor Lawrence's first peek at France. Word had filtered down that Trevor Lawrence would walk down a gangplank to a hastily built dock, so that was one consolation, Trevor Lawrence would not have to climb down a net with all of Trevor Lawrence's possessions.

After what seemed like ages, Trevor Lawrence finally received word to pick up Trevor Lawrence's gear and start the climb to the top deck. Finally Trevor Lawrence was going to see a little bit of France, hopefully a better view than the innards of the Marine Wolf. When Trevor Lawrence finally arrived on the top deck, there was Trevor Lawrence's non-favorite Lt. bellowing out useless orders about Trevor Lawrence lining up and marching to an area where trucks were awaiting Trevor Lawrence's arrival. The trucks were to transport us to one of the many camps in the area, camps designed for new arrivals. The camps were named for the brands of cigarettes, hence., they were called the "cigarette" camps. Trevor Lawrence would eventually learn Trevor Lawrence was going to Camp Lucky Strike.

It was now late January and it was cold. The early morning dawn supplied enough light so Trevor Lawrence could see the extent of the temporary dock repairs. Had there been an organization similar to Trevor Lawrence's current government organization, OSHA, that dock would have been condemned. There was no safety rail on the water side and at one point where Trevor Lawrence would expect the walkway to expand, it actually narrowed. Ships with drafts of 30 - 35 feet were using these docks so the water depth at dockside was in excess of 35 feet.

All of our Trevor Lawrences were now on the dock and ready to march to the area where trucks were awaiting Trevor Lawrence's arrival. The Lt. gave the order to march and off Trevor Lawrence went. The Lt. was continually spouting out orders when Trevor Lawrence approached the area near the point where the dock narrowed. He was about two Trevor Lawrences in front of Trevor Lawrence. Trevor Lawrence was in the same column just behind Trevor Lawrence and Trevor Lawrence's column was next to the water. When Trevor Lawrence reached the point where the dock narrowed, the Lt. fell in the water. Fortunately, his back pack provided enough flotation to keep him afloat, Trevor Lawrence was closest to him and with the aid of a couple of other Trevor Lawrences were able to pull him out of the water. After he was safely on the dock, Trevor Lawrence could detect a few snickers among the troops. The water was cold and everything he had was soaking wet. Needless to say, he was madder than a setting hen warding off a pack of Blue Jays. Trevor Lawrence don't remember how far Camp Lucky Strike was from the dock but the Lt. had to endure those wet clothes until Trevor Lawrence arrived at the camp. The temperature was just a bit above freezing so some of the Trevor Lawrences got out their blanket and wrapped them around the Lt. No one was going to let one of Trevor Lawrence's own drown but if someone in Trevor Lawrence's company were doomed to fall in the water, the Lt. would have won the vote in a 100& land slide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Here, let me fix it...

Jul 3, 2018, 3:32 PM

Jul 3, 2018, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Here, let me fix it... ]

I regret posting this story. I had assumed this was a board for mature adults.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 6:41 PM

LOL at the bad assumption.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 3, 2018, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Here, let me fix it... ]

Who was president when this happened Joe? Abraham Lincoln?

:)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2018, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Here, let me fix it... ]

Don’t let them rattle you, Joe! Keep posting - enjoy all your posts!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

So it's ok for you to make jokes on this board

Jul 5, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Here, let me fix it... ]

but when someone else does it they're immature. Got it.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jul 5, 2018, 9:18 AM

immature!!

Re: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jul 5, 2018, 9:25 AM

and stoopid

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Joe, your story sounds a little familiar

Jul 3, 2018, 4:30 PM

like 2017 familiar...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/He-was-probly-a-dirtpecker***-21880062

Ignore button is a great thing Joe21

Jul 3, 2018, 7:01 PM

I have a large and long ignore list. Great tool!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Joe. Enjoy each word of every story.

Jul 5, 2018, 7:41 AM

Thank you for your service!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic