»
Topic: Thank you Steve Spurrier
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jan 13, 2017 12:46 PM by: ClemBert®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Thank you Steve Spurrier

[14]
Posted: Jan 13, 2017 11:35 AM

I know, I know. No, I'm not crazy.

As painful, and yes severely painful, as the "high five" and "five bombs" were just 3 short years ago, look at it this way.

1) Steve Spurrier led their team to 5 straight victories against us. That misery forced Dabo and Co. to put their nose to the grindstone and recruit their tiger tails off.

2) He left their program in such a state that we have enjoyed three straight wins including a top 5 beat down of all time.

3) He was present at the coin flip for our 2nd National Championship providing us some sort of luck either because of him or in spite of him.

4) He's semi-funny in the Dr. Pepper commercials.

5) He made the majority of their fan base hate their winningest coach of all time. That's got to suck for them.

So, thank you OBC. I no longer despise you.

I don't mind him as much now

[3]
Posted: Jan 13, 2017 11:45 AM

After basically being "God" to coot nation for so long, he left them high and dry with nothing and has pretty much forgotten they exist. He's a solid Florida Gator again. If someone just started following college football they'd never even know he coached at USuCk. It's pretty funny.

Indeed

[3]
Posted: Jan 13, 2017 12:00 PM

The way he walked away, without a care in the world, from the smoldering wreckage in Columbia makes be smile a good bit.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

I'm in love with Spurrier now.

[1]
Posted: Jan 13, 2017 12:04 PM

The fact that he's back in Gainsville and is drawiing a pay check from them is a slap in the face to the coots as well.

Love Spurrier.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I didn't know Spurrier was going to be recognized...

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 12:32 PM

...at the Natty. It would have been awesome if we had known and made a plan to actually cheer him. The ensuing discussion with Folwer and Herbstreit as to why Clemson would cheer Spurrier would have been priceless.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

very true

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 12:34 PM

Because things were going pretty well for clemson football except for that nagging 5 losses to SC. If we had beaten them all those years would there still have been that drive to get better? Maybe but you never know

Always good to leave things like you found them

[1]
Posted: Jan 13, 2017 12:38 PM

He did that with South Carolina.

Chad Morris and BV's are direcltly responsible for our

[1]
Posted: Jan 13, 2017 12:44 PM

success.

We would not have been able to pay their salaries if it were not for boosters stepping up with the donations.

All the ribbing that Steve gave us over the years is directly responsible for those donations.

Thank you Steve Spurrier for bring the best out of us.

Also, Thank you West Virgina.***

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 12:46 PM

In a way he had his hand in helping us eventually win...

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 12:46 PM

...the Natty and much more. It's not the kick in the butt we wanted but none-the-less it's what we needed.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: I have the following tickets for the Boston College game. Venmo, ApplePay, Zelle, and PayPal friendl...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1348 people have read this post