Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To those who doubt KB's ability
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,416

To those who doubt KB's ability

Aug 30, 2018, 4:09 AM

I've posted an article link below that outlines KB's stats from last season. Yes, the stats are anemic at best, but people aren't looking at the entire picture of facts surrounding those stats.

First, I'd like to point out Deshaun Watson's stats between two seasons. There was a 7 point percentage swing from 2015 to 2016 in pass completion percentages. Deshaun Watson had a difference of 7 percentage points in 2015 where we went undefeated in the regular season and came up short in the National Championship Game against Alabama. In the following season he had a lower percentage rate and we won the National Championship. So just judging by that alone, Kelly Bryant only needs an 8 point percentage swing in his favor to win it all.

Second, I'd like to point out that many passes were dropped by Deon Cain, Ray Ray McCloud, and Trevion Thompson. These stats provided do not provide that data. On the night against Alabama, our offensive line did not block well, and Deon Cain couldn't catch a cold. It was horrendous at best. No QB could withstand that type of punishment from Alabama with WRs dropping passes for most of the game. It allowed Alabama to mount pressure and pin their ears back.

Last, I'd like to point out that one season Nuk Hopkins had a horrible Spring Game and everyone was counting on Sammy Watkins to be the star of the WR corps. However, Sammy had a down turn of performance that season which began with an arrest for drug possession and a suspension of two games. Nuk ended up becoming the number one WR on the team for the 2012 season. I'd say that we have to give the season a chance to figure out where the improvements have been made. We just have to trust the coaches that they have selected the right man for the job. However, that trust doesn't factor in with who starts, but whether or not they will replace the starter if they are failing to perform to the Clemson standard. Best is the standard, and we will have to take it to the field of actual play to figure out who the best is. Trust me, I believe that all of the QBs will play. I do not believe it will be in garbage time either. I believe it will be during prime time in each game. Just my opinion, hope that helps.

For the record, I was pulling for Trevor Lawrence to win the starting job. However, I've learned over the years to trust Coach Swinney. If it were any other coach in Clemson's history for the past 25 years, I would have my doubts.

https://www.cfbfilmroom.com/2018/08/29/can-kelly-bryant-keep-the-clemson-qb-job/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Really good post!

Aug 30, 2018, 4:38 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you!***

Aug 30, 2018, 5:06 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,416