Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the fans in Section X . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

To the fans in Section X . . .

Sep 9, 2012, 11:49 AM

Thank you so much for being caring Clemson people. I was at the game yesterday with my high school daughter. We were dressed appropriately and bought water just before taking our seats. During the 1st quarter my daughter leaned over and said she didn't feel well. I asked her if she wanted to go up into the shade in the concession area. She replied "yes". Before we could get up, she passed out. I immediately started to stabilize her. When people around noticed what was happening, they all started to help. Ice packs came out of nowhere, someone went and got a paramedic, a nurse left her family and came down to help (God bless nurses, my wife is one and couldn't be there yesterday), another young lady wiped my daughters face with a Clemson towel that came out of nowhere! People kept offering water, etc, until the paramedics got her out of the stands and into FirstAid in the south stands.
While in FirstAid, a Doctor and two RN's saw her, gave her a full bag of IV fluids, and we left in an ambulance to StFrancis hospital where my wife was awaiting. Another bag of IV fluids, and an EKG later and she was deemed as being ok. We got home well after the game was over. My wife and I had to go back to Clemson later in the evening and pick up my car.
If any of you are or know any of these people that helped us, please extend my deepest thanks to all of them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad she's ok

Sep 9, 2012, 11:52 AM

Clemson really is a family!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad she is feeling better!***

Sep 9, 2012, 11:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SECTION X!!!!!

Sep 9, 2012, 12:08 PM

THOSE ARE MY BOYS! lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad your daughter is ok...was it heat exhaustion?***

Sep 9, 2012, 12:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad she is well

Sep 9, 2012, 12:50 PM

The Clemson family is the best!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Thankfully she's going to be ok.

Sep 9, 2012, 12:52 PM

Has a father of four, two being Daddy's little girls, I know you had to be feeling some stress! Sounds like you did a great job too Dad! Glad she's alright!
Sec X....You Rock!!

Glad she is better!***

Sep 9, 2012, 12:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad she is ok

Sep 9, 2012, 12:57 PM

Always seen lots of acts of kindness in our stadium. Way to go section X!!!

hey, family takes care of each other!***

Sep 9, 2012, 1:31 PM

Ah, the Clemson family at work. Hope she's ok.***

Sep 9, 2012, 1:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: To the fans in Section X . . .

Sep 9, 2012, 2:00 PM

Glad she is doing well now. We were sitting above you all and was glad to see all of the people helping out as well however we were also concerned that it took way too long for the medical staff to arrive to help you guys out. Clemson really needs to address this issue immediately I believe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The University should have some kind

Sep 11, 2012, 11:54 PM

Of incident report. I am sure that positive suggestions to improve response would be considered recommendations.

Ensuring the safety of the patrons is always a priority. Good communication skills a must, both sending and receiving.

Glad she is fine. Now is a good time to reflect back,and see how all could have done better. Do this while it is still fresh in your mind.

I beat myself up for a year after my father in law died. I did CPR for 35 minutes(certified instructor) and wasn't able to revive him. I finally had to let it go, knowing but not acknowledging there are those who still die despite best efforts.

Thanks for all the kind words, she is doing well today and

Sep 9, 2012, 4:05 PM

has bounced back like most teenagers do! Based upon how often and how fast she has been texting on her iPhone this morning I am confident in reporting she did not have any loss of fine motor skills!
Thanks tigernation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for all the kind words, she is doing well today and

Sep 9, 2012, 11:24 PM

Glad to hear the good news!
Hope your next trip to see the Tigers will be focused on the game, and no emergencies! Blessings to you and your family!
Kudos to Section X and the Tiger family.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad she's alright***

Sep 10, 2012, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Thanks for all the kind words, she is doing well today and ]

Thank God she is okay....."Thank Heaven For Little Girls"!***

Sep 10, 2012, 7:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2012, 1:12 AM

Glad to hear she's doing alright!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic