Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Terry Don Philips Basketball Seating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,169

Terry Don Philips Basketball Seating

Mar 1, 2015, 7:45 PM

I am reading all the comments about students attendance at game and general attendance and Coach Brownell. I have season tickets to the games and I was at Clemson during the 70 and attended games on a regular basis.
I truly believe that Terry Don Philips caused most of the problems with basketball. When I was a student you could go to the games at the last minute and the student seats were not under the baskets. Now we have some of the worst student seating in the ACC. Terry put zero dollars into the program, throughout his entire time as AD we fell behind. We had Purnell and he left because of lack of support.
The mess that Philips created will take a few years to fix. I hope the new AD will work on it more. I do know students will get some better seats in the new LittleJohn. it is a start. I do not know if Brownell is a good coach. I think we do a horrible job of boxing out at the foul line, I know we need more ball handlers, and our offense is not creative. He needs to recruit better. A new assistant to just work on these issue would help. Dabo had to fire assistants to move the team forward, I believe Brownell has to as well.
Students did not create this mess, stop blaming them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few mistakes

Mar 1, 2015, 10:45 PM

Wrong about worst seating in the ACC
Wrong about putting zero dollars into the program
Wrong about why Purnell left

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purnell left because he had nowhere to go

Mar 2, 2015, 6:41 AM

but down. The fans loved him, the team loved him, but he "rebuilt" Clemson and saw that his recruiting had gone cold. Instead of taking control of the situation, he pulled a Baltimore Colts and left town under cover of darkness. I have a hard time forgiving him for that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,169
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic