Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tech game ticket sales......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,476

Tech game ticket sales......

Nov 12, 2014, 11:24 AM

680TheFan here in Atlanta yesterday afternoon was blaming unsold tickets for the game Saturday on Clemson - said it had to be Clemson fans not buying them as though there's always a stampede by the millions of loyal Tech fans to sell out their home games.

There should be no empty seats for the game - I'll agree with that. A Noon kickoff and Saturday will be a beautiful day. But don't just lay it on Clemson fans for not buying up the tickets.

Most of the time you can't give away tickets in Atlanta to Tech home games, much less sell them. And their stadium only seats 40-something thousand.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

55,000. No way it is Clemson fans. It is a bunch of Bees.***

Nov 12, 2014, 11:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Closest they got was 52k against Miami***

Nov 12, 2014, 11:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia Tech sellsout just one game each year...

Nov 12, 2014, 11:28 AM

the Clemson and Georgia games, and that is largely because of the visiting fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Georgia Tech sellsout just one game each year...

Nov 12, 2014, 12:23 PM

We only sell out FSU and Carolina because of their visiting fans.

Hen house is that way --------->***

Nov 12, 2014, 12:25 PM

Re: Georgia Tech sellsout just one game each year...

Nov 12, 2014, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia Tech sellsout just one game each year... ]

Mt Joy that is incorrect , TarHole fans do not travel all that much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Coot...

Nov 12, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia Tech sellsout just one game each year... ]

You're comparing a 55,000 seat stadium to a 85,000 seat stadium. Math difficulties?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

We've sold out a couple of games against D2 opponents.

Nov 12, 2014, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia Tech sellsout just one game each year... ]

That's something an SEC fan can relate to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude....

Nov 12, 2014, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia Tech sellsout just one game each year... ]

Clemson has more season ticket holders than Tech's little septic tank holds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

1. Carolina barely comes to Clemson because of different divisions.

Nov 12, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia Tech sellsout just one game each year... ]

2. We sold out against SC State and The Citadel last year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

We sold out SC St. and UofL this year

Nov 12, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia Tech sellsout just one game each year... ]

UofL brought some fans, but I doubt we sold that game out because a bunch of people from Louisville filled the stadium up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tech game ticket sales......now I've heard everything

Nov 12, 2014, 12:21 PM

its our fault they are in a huge city and can't sell their stadium out. all 55000 seats. little CU sells that many season tix in a rural area

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tech game ticket sales......

Nov 12, 2014, 12:32 PM

I have been to the Ga Tech numerous times to watch Clemson play. Every time I have been, there are ALWAYS noticeably empty sections in the home team sections. Each time we have also encountered A$$hole fans outside of the stadium. I don't have a lot of respect for the program.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,476
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic