Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Taking a look at who we lost and who's replacing them (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,716

Taking a look at who we lost and who's replacing them (long)

Aug 26, 2015, 1:37 PM

Offense:

We lost Battle and replaced him with Hyatt. Battle was veteran but he was never fully committed to being the best he could be. Also he had technical issues. Losing him makes out depth at OT non existent. If Hyatt goes down we're in deep deep deep trouble. That being said Hyatt is simply a better player right now then Battle was in terms of work ethic and from a technical standpoint. He moves his feet better, has equal if not better hands. The only thing he lacks is strength. I doubt teams will beat him with a speed rush but I think he'll get beat with bull rushes at times.

Lakip is out for 3 games and the back ups have never kicked under pressure before. This won't hurt us really as we have two cupcakes but Louisville becomes that much tougher I'm not one that is all that fearful of them simple because they lost as much as we did but didn't replace it like we have but you can't understate that we are in their stadium on Thursday at night.

Defense:

Reader is out and with him one of our 2 starters with any significant game time experience. I've heard that we might see him return as soon as the Louisville game but nothing concrete to back that up so I wouldn't hold my breath. Thankfully at least from a talent standpoint we're ok here. Pagano Wilkins, Huggins are more talented then Reader was but they don't have his experience. our two deep at DT is highly talented but not experienced so thankfully the two cupcakes will elp get us ready for the rest of the schedule. If Reader returns then we're golden here. If not then the young bucks wiill have to learn and learn fast.

Ebo is gone and reliable depth at DE left with him. That being said Bryant, Ferrell(should he avoid a RS) and Yeargin all came in at great weights and are naturally more gifted then Ebo was. They just don't have the experience. Still look for these guys to make some serious noise. Again though we can't have any injuries here to Dodd or Lawson especially.

LB is hurting right now. Wiggins is gone but we'll be ok with Blanks and O'Daniel but we have zero proven depth behind Boulware and Goodson. Kendell Jospeh and Jalen Wiliams are talented and in the spring game I heard their names being called more then even Boulware and Goodson's to be honest. Still they haven't seen live bullets yet so we don't know what they will do.

Pretty much the reality of our situation hasn't changed much. The starters will all be ok if not better then the guys that left but there will be growing pains and our depth went from shaky to pretty much non existent in terms of experience. There are only a few guys that can step up and play great under pressure as a freshmen on the big stages. Hopefully we don't have anymore injuries to deal with and the youngsters will grow up quickly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you... I just stepped off the ledge***

Aug 26, 2015, 2:34 PM

Thanks for the post.....

Aug 26, 2015, 2:41 PM

Early candidate for post of the day....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taking a look at who we lost and who's replacing them (long)

Aug 26, 2015, 3:09 PM

As I
've said before; If our D can stop the opponent 5-6 times in every game we play, we will not lose. Just who in God's Green Earth is going to stop our O --as long as DW is healthy--??? Answer: No one!!
I've lowered my point estimates a wee bit but that's it. If our recruiting is as good as advertised, we will be blowing many teams out of our or their stadium!!
Before anyone hits the panic button, do yourself a favor and review just what we have on offense. It is down right scary!

Re: Taking a look at who we lost and who's replacing them (long)

Aug 26, 2015, 3:17 PM

If I had a choice, I would take great talent and their growing pains over experience any day. It's not like great talent has never played the game. And we won't be the only ACC team playing young players, and I'm doubting that many will be more talented than ours. And by the time we have to play our toughest opponents, our guys will have some experience.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Watson's healthy we'll be hard to beat no matter what

Aug 26, 2015, 3:34 PM

Our D will take a step back. I still think, should we stay healthy, that we'll be top 30 on D while the young guys get better. The O will be elite as long as Watson stays upright. Too much talent all over the field. If Hyatt is at least as good as Battle was last year, and I think for sure he will be, then Our O will cover for the defense enough for Reader to come back hopefully or at least Pagano, Byers, Huggins, Wilkins, Bryant, Yeargin, Jospeh, Wiliams grow up and contribute.

We're going to be very dee and experienced next year at almost every position.

We will be fine. Next man up

Aug 26, 2015, 3:42 PM

The only issue I see as a challenge for our defense will be that the offense scores so fast that they will not have a lot of time to rest. Backups will have to be ready for some snaps at the pace we will be playing.

Re: We will be fine. Next man up

Aug 26, 2015, 4:24 PM

Yep, need the run game for long sustained drives to help the defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The voice of reason

Aug 26, 2015, 4:13 PM

Amongst the jokers and the coots! Good post and one I agree with whole heartedly!+1

Re: Taking a look at who we lost and who's replacing them (long)***

Aug 26, 2015, 4:19 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,716
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic