Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson WR agrees to reserve contract
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson WR agrees to reserve contract

Jan 3, 2018, 2:21 PM

Former Clemson WR agrees to reserve contract

Former Clemson receiver Artavis Scott has agreed to a reserve/future deal with the Los Angeles Chargers on Tuesday according to multiple reports. Scott was on t Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR agrees to reserve contract

Jan 3, 2018, 2:25 PM

Yes! Good luck to a great Tiger.

Jan 3, 2018, 2:29 PM

yep. loved him. was surprised he wasnt drafted

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He seems ike he would be good on the Pats*****

Jan 3, 2018, 2:26 PM

What is a Reserve/future contract***

Jan 3, 2018, 2:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is a Reserve/future contract***

Jan 4, 2018, 7:49 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1947667-everything-you-need-to-know-about-nfl-futures-contracts

Excerpts:

The phrase "futures contract" sounds like it involves investors, day traders, gold bars and pork bellies. In the NFL, though, a futures contract isn't anything like Arian Foster's misguided attempt to sell stock in himself.

Instead, NFL teams use futures contracts to claim the rights to players they think will be able to make some noise in the upcoming season.

It's the same as a regular active-roster contract, with the regular rules for minimum veteran salaries, cap charges, signing bonuses, etc. The only difference is that it doesn't take effect until the start of the next League Year

Here's the rub of the futures contract: For the most part, they're used on players who weren't quite good enough to justify an active roster spot this season but who teams think just might be worth an active roster spot next season. In many cases, this means teams locking up players currently on their own practice squad or another team's.

Typically, futures contracts are minimum-salary deals with little or no signing bonus. Most players signed to futures contracts will be fighting for a spot in camp; teams aren't going to invest much into players who may well be cut the following autumn.

Just as with any other free agent, teams can sign futures contracts above the veteran minimum—but rarely (if ever) do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 3:03 PM

Ah, the infamous "Former Clemson ___ " headliner.

Yes!!!!!! Let Him Work That Slot Position Anthony Lynn!!

Jan 3, 2018, 4:33 PM

Jan 3, 2018, 9:17 PM

I know the practices squad isn't sexy but the minimum practice squad salary is $7,200/week and he was on the squad for almost the entire season. So he wasn't doing too bad for himself. Gets a chance to prove himself and maybe he will make the big club next season.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:34 PM

I sure hope so but if not he is still making good money doing something he loves. I think he works his way on a roster at some point. I hope it is the chargers since I am a chargers fan. He has always been one of my all time favorite. Something about his high school highlights I just loved. Since that first catch against UGA I knew he was special.

Jan 4, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR agrees to reserve contract ]

I certainly wouldn't mind making $7200/week, especially playing football

Jan 4, 2018, 5:13 AM

A great go-to reciever when you need 5-10 yards. Quick enough to get open and great hands.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic