Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN GameDay: "QB situation is gonna blow up in Clemson's face"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN GameDay: "QB situation is gonna blow up in Clemson's face"

Oct 6, 2018, 11:26 AM

ESPN GameDay: "QB situation is gonna blow up in Clemson's face, "finesse group"

ESPN GameDay was blatantly critical of Clemson's quarterback situation, their defense and offensive line during Saturday morning's show. ESPN analyst David Poll Read Update »

Message was edited by: TigerNet Recruiting®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love it. Dabo can use that

Oct 6, 2018, 11:35 AM

Pundits are historically wrong this early in the season. They need talking points to s c r i p t their soap opera.

I'll hedge my bets elsewhere

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay: "QB situation is gonna blow up in Clemson's face, "fitness group"

What I think about this is .. GREAT ! I truly hope TL is sitting there listening to this nonsense this morning . I hope he and Chase Brice are talking about how the level of doubt is a motivator .
Trevor Lawrence was the top QB recruit in the country last year , he has ice in those young veins . When someone like that ( Think DW4 ) gets motivated beyond their already outstanding game abilities ... they beat Alabama when they're not supposed to . Doubt him .
They doubted Brice last weekend and he played like a champion . Got a little dirtied and got picked , got back up and went to work . Won from +10 down in the 4th quarter .
I say let the talker's talk ... because this team is built for this !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay: "QB situation is gonna blow up in Clemson's face

Nice to see Desdumb is still at it.
Dabo didn't 'make a QB decision', KB made the decision to quit.

Exactly!!

Oct 6, 2018, 11:40 AM

nm

Oct 6, 2018, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay: "QB situation is gonna blow up in Clemson's face ]

I 110% agree with you, KB quit, he is a quitter when his coaches made a decision hoping to help the team. But everytime I tell it like it is, A KB like someone will TD my post. But when folks act childish like KB, I laugh at them bc they can't handle the truth when it's not candy coated!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What amazes me how these idiots have not fingered out

Oct 6, 2018, 11:38 AM

Dabo's strategy yet. Stats and style points be ######, we are gonna play the whole bench and eke out wins until December. we save the whoop a$$ for the post season.

Re: What amazes me how these idiots have not fingered out

Oct 6, 2018, 1:05 PM

I’ll agree it’s nice to play guys when it’s a big score but you have to have guys in game shape too. Last week was a prime example. There shouldn’t have been second and third stringers in unless someone is hurt. The best way to get in game shape is to play most of the game. I hope they stop all the duck duck goose this week and line up the starters for 3 quarters and start gaining the confidence and dominance this group can have.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: shouldn't have the backups in unless someone is hurt

Oct 6, 2018, 2:19 PM

Really?
You don't want Feaster and Choice to give Etienne a blow? You would rather a FR DE like XT not play unless Austin Bryant is hurt? You don't want Chase to get snaps until TL is out?

Dabo--and i--think that's a stupid way to manage and motivate young men.

If the opinions of the talking heads matter so much to you, i dare you to sit down with one to find out how ill-informed those opinions are. You'd be shocked, shocked i say.

Re: What amazes me how these idiots have not fingered out

Oct 7, 2018, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: What amazes me how these idiots have not fingered out ]

I agree that the more snaps that a group takes together, the better they will become together. And that type of jelling is what makes a tighter closeness with the guys that play and practise side by side the most. They feel heart broken when they believe they have let their team mates down!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GameDay may have actually provided bulletin board material

Oct 6, 2018, 11:42 AM

In most cases, I think on air talent just riles up the masses and not the players.

In this case, GameDay may actually rile up the players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GameDay may have actually provided bulletin board material

Oct 6, 2018, 11:48 AM

Idiots like those on ESECPN is the reason I never turn it on until game time, then only for the Tigers unless they have a game that I really want to watch, which is not often. The he77 with that bunch.

Oct 6, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to GameDay may have actually provided bulletin board material ]

Idiots like those on ESECPN is the reason I never turn it on until game time, then only for the Tigers unless they have a game that I really want to watch, which is not often. The he77 with that bunch.

Oct 6, 2018, 2:00 PM

The committee is the only one that counts. The rest of them are SEC trained seals!!!!

Oct 6, 2018, 11:48 AM

We won a lot of ugly close games the year we won it all. We don’t have to be a playoff team right now but what the idiots can’t see is we are slowly growing up a bunch of young players that will be able to contribute in a big way in a playoff run. Our depth allowed us to smoke Bama in the 4th qtr of the NCG. I could see a similar scenario unfolding. As the water boy said, use all the doubt as tackling fuel.

Oct 6, 2018, 12:06 PM

^^This^^. The pundits do not seem watch the games and pay attention to what is going on. The coaches mix in the backups early in games. This has been our MO. We start to kick it in middle of the year onward. Not to mention trying to figure out the QB situation.

I would be nice if Cuse, A&M, NC State, VT and Miami played well the remainder of the year though.

I'm so tired of Desmond Howard

Oct 6, 2018, 11:56 AM

He wants Clemson to lose so bad to prove that Dabo was wrong about the whole quarterback situation. I'm sick and tired of Desmond Howard

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay: "QB situation is gonna blow up in Clemson's face"

Oct 6, 2018, 11:57 AM

Has Desmond even seen us play?

Oct 6, 2018, 12:05 PM

Jesus, our run game is one of the best in the country.

Just LOL at how stupid Desmond Howard is

Oct 6, 2018, 12:07 PM

Pollack & Herbie have legit opinions. Des is whack

Oct 6, 2018, 12:20 PM

and has an axe to grind with Clemson and TL.

The Clemson Offense has been historically soft for a top college team starting with the O-Line (and D. Watson was the remedy). The Defense this year has coasted on its outstanding talent more than effort. Schemes on both Offense and Defense have been vanilla. All these are legitimate opinions. Dabo's philosophy is that a one-point win against a bad team is a win just as a blowout of a good team. This philosophy has repercussions.

IMHO last week was rock bottom, and the team had reasons for being flat. And Clemson will work through these issues and end up in the playoffs. But I also believe Clemson's level of effort to date this year would not hold up in the SEC West especially on the road where Tx A&M is 3rd or 4th best team in division. Look for Clemson to come out with more passion today! GO Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pollack & Herbie have legit opinions. Des is whack

Oct 6, 2018, 12:50 PM

Dont these idiot realize run game has been limited because we couldnt throw downfield

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pollack & Herbie have legit opinions. Des is whack

Oct 6, 2018, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Pollack & Herbie have legit opinions. Des is whack ]

+1. - great assessment SocMan2, even if it’s not what you want to hear and some can be explained. Think we’ll know more after today’s game and N.C. state game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought I saw where Clemson D is ranked 3rd nationally?

Oct 6, 2018, 12:23 PM

I think that's pretty good, esp for having a thin secondary and LB's getting back on their feet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 12:25 PM

I stopped watching this stuff because it just ticks you off. ESPN hates us and will do anything to trash us. Oh and by the way. Missouri coach is an idiot.

Oct 6, 2018, 1:07 PM

"They're peanut butter and jealous,
they hate us cuz the aint us" movie reference

Oct 6, 2018, 12:26 PM

Man ignore that idiot him and joe klatt are the biggest haters outside of finebaum on clemson. Tell all 4 of them ill see em in yhe playoffs

Oct 6, 2018, 12:26 PM

Man ignore that idiot him and joe klatt are the biggest haters outside of finebaum on clemson. Tell all 4 of them ill see em in yhe playoffs

Oct 6, 2018, 12:27 PM

They don’t realize 3 of our 5 games have been against option teams. Not a lot of opportunities for sacks and negative plays. Our D start slow but once BV figures out the teams offensive strategy he shuts them down. If it wasn’t for numerous lucky plays in A&M we would have beaten them by 2 TD’s.

If ND and OK win today against ranked teams we could drop to 6 in polls before we play Wuffies. Plenty of locker room material to close out season. 15-0. Go Tigers!

Oct 6, 2018, 12:31 PM

I have a good feeling oklahoma gets upset today.
And notre dame could very well lose to vt.

Oct 6, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay: "QB situation is gonna blow up in Clemson's face" ]

OU about to shat the bed

Oct 6, 2018, 12:28 PM

They think we will lose a regular season game so they have to talk bad about the tigers so the viewers, who watch the show, start to view higher on other ranked teams so if we do lose a game, they have all the reason for their local markets, media markets to view us as a bad team. Just keep that fire alive team and prove them doubters wrong. Just my 2 cents.

Oct 6, 2018, 12:29 PM

They think we will lose a regular season game so they have to talk bad about the tigers so the viewers, who watch the show, start to view higher on other ranked teams so if we do lose a game, they have all the reason for their local markets, media markets to view us as a bad team. Just keep that fire alive team and prove them doubters wrong. Just my 2 cents.

Oct 6, 2018, 12:37 PM

Didn't Kirk or one of the ESPN talking heads say at the beginning if the season that Clemson would have to go with TL to have a chance to win the NC?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they make a good point though

Oct 6, 2018, 1:09 PM

offense no matter how talented always seems to be out coached..its like they go based on talent alone..no game planning or scheming

Re: they make a good point though

Oct 6, 2018, 1:25 PM

Dez knows the only way his Michigan team even sniffs the playoff is for clemson and a few other teams lose a game..he is confusing his hope with what is reality..reality being Michigan has zero chance..and the sad parts is he probably doest know why he wants clemson to fail..too stupid to put it together..

Re: they make a good point though

Oct 6, 2018, 1:42 PM

This is the same “expert” analyst who picked South Carolina to win their division this year so I think that is all that needs to be said about his analysis

Oct 6, 2018, 1:19 PM

Texas 24 Oklahoma 10. Thought Desmond and Kirk might want to know

Oct 6, 2018, 1:22 PM

Dont worry oklahoma will have excuses made for them

I for one, love this.

Oct 6, 2018, 1:23 PM

Put that “No one respects us” card back in our hand and play it all season long. Clemson with a chip on our shoulder is deadly. We play wayyy better that way compared to when we’re heralded as kings. Don’t get comfortable being great, always strive for more, and let’s quit making things interesting. It’s time to bury some people!

Go Tigers baby!!!

Message was edited by: Tigersam13

Re: I for one, love this.

Oct 6, 2018, 1:36 PM

Well said Sam,get the other's on the tiger train to understand that.

Re: I for one, love this.

Oct 6, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to I for one, love this. ]

so for the next 3 months Desmond will be waiting and hoping for that vague moment where he gets to assign some issue to the QB decision as "blow up in our face"....i hope we take the trophy, and TL turns to the camera and says….how about it Howard?

Oct 6, 2018, 2:05 PM

Well who among us doesn’t agree that we need to run the ball more, be more physical on defense and Oline play etc? I for one know we can do better, I think they think so too and it’s time to beat Wake, take a few weeks to regroup and come out slinging and smashing. “A ridin and a ropin”

You know where this is going. If CU and ND end up undefeated

Oct 6, 2018, 2:16 PM

ESPN wants ND in the playoffs. The lobbying has begun.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 6, 2018, 2:23 PM

Shut up! Who watches these idiots?! I saw the clip of them debating whether the committee would take us or Notre Dame...ridiculous. Why TF are we the team on the “bubble”? UGA has looked like @$$ and Bama has played NO ONE!

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Oct 6, 2018, 2:37 PM

Just the same old hypocrites that a few weeks ago we're saying we couldn't get anywhere and when playoff games now without someone like Trevor Lawrence at quarterback. now that Kelly Bryant lost his job to a better quarterback Dabo Swinney is going to be accused of messing things up? I just wish these people would get run over by the wheels when they fall off the bandwagon. no I don't need them and I have zero respect for them. Kirk Herbstreit is one of the worst in my opinion. Just imagine if we go undefeated and play for a national championship, what will the attitude will be then? I believe we have a lot of work for that to happen, but just saying theoretically??? I don't even think sites like TigerNet should put their garbage on here.

Same jacklegs who picked Oklahoma over Texas

Oct 6, 2018, 3:04 PM

They'll see us in Santa Clara

We Do need to get more physical

Oct 6, 2018, 3:10 PM

Desmond’s take is the worst about the QB situation because it’s jus factually wrong but I would like us to become a more physical program running the ball just as a whole...I feel that’s the last step our program has yet to take is to consistently run the football against less talented programs when they know we’re going to run...when it gets down to the playoffs we have really struggled to run the ball and I do think our offense is a little too finesse as we got absolutely destroyed on the LOS last year against Bama...it’s nitpicking but that would be the one thing I would like to see our overall program improve in, its rly frustrating watching us struggle in short yardage over the years

We Are Changing Our Identity

Oct 6, 2018, 3:15 PM

Aren’t We?
Who cares what the Haters say??

So the old fart that picked Wisconsin to win it all and...

Oct 6, 2018, 3:27 PM

The goober that picked scar to win the SEC East aren’t high on us?

Who cares! Both of them don’t know a darn thing about college football!!!

~JKB

Oct 6, 2018, 4:46 PM

Desmond Howard needs to worry more about his poor choice of tie than Clemson’s imagined team issues.

Oct 6, 2018, 7:08 PM

ESPN didn't even get out of today before that little headline sounded absolutely stupid .
We may have one of the best QBs in the country .. and our backup guy is awesome as well .

DB23

Oct 6, 2018, 7:32 PM

Yep. He also had Oklahoma as the #2 team in the country.

Keep ‘em comin’ Desmond.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 7:18 PM

People who talk about football for a living are pretty much all full of it. Like TV investing "experts," if they actually knew what they were talking about, they would go to Vegas/Wall Street and get rich on their superior knowledge. Instead they talk. Out of their hindquarters.

I still don't understand why anyone watches ESPiN.

Oct 6, 2018, 7:27 PM

All they're good for is watching a football game. The don't know their azes from a hole in the ground and they take turns proving it regularly.

They are entertainers and I'm not entertained.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

welp, we ran the daggum football alright...***

Oct 6, 2018, 7:28 PM

Oct 6, 2018, 7:39 PM

Like that was our fault anyway, Dabo will treat his players like he would his kids, if one of them is an entitled jacka$$ is not his fault. He should have stayed and would probably won the job back , he acted like a spoiled child, and I lost all respect for him. Dabo and the tigers did the right thing. Kelly didn’t and he will learn a hard life lesson. I have always believed and told my kids” the easy way out is the hard road to take!”
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

Oct 6, 2018, 7:47 PM

I do believe we just proved Mr. Howard WRONG. Hope he enjoys eating crow.

Oct 7, 2018, 8:47 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FfNYjw6qU

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic