»
Topic: TNET: Rematch with Etienne? Simmons sets the bar high with blistering time in Indy
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 1, 2020, 1:34 PM by: Neal in NC®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

TNET: Rematch with Etienne? Simmons sets the bar high with blistering time in Indy

[2]
Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 7:01 AM

Rematch with Etienne? Simmons sets the bar high with blistering time in Indy

Isaiah Simmons might not get to race Clemson running back Travis Etienne at any point in the near future. In fact, he might have to wait until Etienne runs the 40-yard dash at next year’s NFL Draft Combine to settle the feud. (Photo: Brian Spurlock / USATODAY) Full Story »

lol Wut?

[1]
Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 7:34 AM

“ Simmons set the bar with his scalding time Saturday, which was the second-fastest 40 time for a linebacker at the combine since 2006, behind only Shaquem Griffin, who ran a 4.38 at the 2018 combine.”

So it’s the fastest time since 2018?

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg

Yes - but it sounds a lot better saying

[1]
Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 8:06 AM

only one guy ran faster in the last 14 years than saying in the last two years, And accurate too.

nullmilitary_donation.jpg

Re: lol Wut?

Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 9:33 AM

There is a very good chance Simmons was the fastest ever, lot of chatter that the Griffin 4.38 was a obvious clock error/mistime by .2 seconds.

I wanna see the simulcam of IS vs SG.

for a linebacker

Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 1:34 PM

times in the 4.3's are common and 4.2's are elite. Fastest time is 4.22

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: TNET: Rematch with Etienne? Simmons sets the bar high with blistering time in Indy

[1]
Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 8:14 AM

Love the simulcam videos. I would say that his draft status just went up even higher.

Re: TNET: Rematch with Etienne? Simmons sets the bar high with blistering time in Indy

Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 9:25 AM

If he isn't a top 10 or lower, I would be shocked bc Isaiah would be a plus plus for any NFL defense roaming around the secondary for any team. Isaiah Simmons type talent isn't found or seen very often in college or the NFL!!!

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

[2]
Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 9:20 AM

He is physically impressive enough to go number 1. I’m not sure if the team with the first pick needs a LB right now though. His film and that 40 time which seems to sky rocket draft stock when players put up something like that.... could he be our first number 1 draft pick ever? Would be awesome if somebody trades up to take him number 1, then TL goes number 1 next year!

Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 10:47 AM

I doubt he will be as high as number one (TL will be our first 1/1 I imagine) but he has that much valuable - he is on special athlete. So great to have him around here!

2021 orange level member

Doubt you'll ever see a #1 pick LB again...

Posted: Mar 1, 2020, 11:48 AM

if the team at #1 needs a LB they'll just trade down and take them later plus another couple picks. QBs are king in the NFL Draft.

2021 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (4) Section J row S...$3600. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1733 people have read this post