Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Deep 3 with T.O.: Terrence Oglesby's three keys to beating Syracuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Deep 3 with T.O.: Terrence Oglesby's three keys to beating Syracuse

Jan 28, 2020, 7:01 AM

Deep 3 with T.O.: Terrence Oglesby's three keys to beating Syracuse

Terrence Oglesby is one of the most beloved players in Clemson basketball history, has a unique perspective on the game and will now be a regular contributor to TigerNet’s basketball coverage. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Deep 3 with T.O.: Terrence Oglesby's three keys to beating Syracuse

Jan 28, 2020, 7:32 AM

Key # 1; Score more points.
Key # 2; Win both halves by at least 1 point.
Key # 3; Change this picture. This is Duke, not Syracuse.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:37 AM

What about if we win the 1st half by 1 and then tie the 2nd half?

Jan 28, 2020, 7:44 AM

That will work!

Jan 28, 2020, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Deep 3 with T.O.: Terrence Oglesby's three keys to beating Syracuse ]

THESE ARTICLES SHOULD BE GREAT FOR THE MOT. A LOT NEED A LOT OF LEARNING ABOUT WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS ON COURT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey there derp, I agree! If you would like to start a

Jan 28, 2020, 8:10 AM

conversation about Xs and Os against any of our opponents I would be happy to jump in and talk strategery. Whenever you're ready!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

For the picture, did TO play vs Syracuse while at Clemson?

Jan 28, 2020, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Deep 3 with T.O.: Terrence Oglesby's three keys to beating Syracuse ]

I don't think so but maybe I missed it?

Jan 28, 2020, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Deep 3 with T.O.: Terrence Oglesby's three keys to beating Syracuse ]

Don't think TO played at Clemson when Scuse was in the conference, no?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is awesome!

Jan 28, 2020, 7:46 AM

Thanks Tnet and TO! Very interesting.

Would videos and diagrams - or links to them - showing the way the zone rotates, short corner, etc. - or other key concepts in future posts - be a possibility?

Jan 28, 2020, 8:02 AM

#1 new coach
#2 players who can shoot
#3 Teach players to shoot free throws

yes, i'm certain our staff doesnt teach free throws

Jan 28, 2020, 11:23 AM

(eye roll)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Deep 3 with T.O.: Terrence Oglesby's three keys to beating Syracuse ]

The glorification of over simplicity is strong in this Juan.

Re: TNET: Terrence Oglesby- where is he now?

Jan 28, 2020, 8:03 AM

He was helping w the team for a few years while he completed some classes I think. Is he coaching or what is he doing now?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Terrence Oglesby- where is he now? I mean besides

Jan 28, 2020, 8:10 AM

this?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Terrence Oglesby- where is he now? I mean besides

Jan 28, 2020, 9:16 AM

believe he's coaching at carson newman

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 8:40 AM

I think/believe that T O is going to be a pleasurable change with talking BB on T-Net staff!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 9:26 AM

Although Terrence was fun to watch he was also known for jacking threes. You could tell his teammates deliberately did not distribute the ball to him at times because they knew if they passed it to him he would toss up a three. A lot of empty possessions and critical possessions were squandered. He single handedly took us out of the NCAA tournament against Michigan constantly attempting contested 3 point shots. Hopefully he learned something from that game. At times, this season, in games where we are exceedingly bad offensively (aka the Louisville game) we seemed to be constantly jacking 3s. If you compare that to games that we do well in we are moving the ball and creating backdoor opportunities to the basket. Players moving without the ball. Good passing.

Jan 28, 2020, 9:43 AM

I'm afraid this team has backed itself in a tough corner with all the losses early in the season. Overcoming the VT loss at home early in the season will be difficult. Playing in the desperation mode in Jan & Feb and in the tourney every year in the ACC to get on the bubble isn't getting us anywhere.

I would like for TO to get the gig as color commentary for

Jan 28, 2020, 10:11 AM

basketball. He is excellent on the radio.

Frankly, he should try to become a broadcaster for ESPN doing color for college bball.

Now, I have x and o questions about attacking a zone. Why does a team spread the court? Why not concentrate on one side or the other, or along the baseline and set screens like crazy. Make them guard empty floor. It seems to me if it was timed well, an offense could get one guy open within 10 feet of the basket on every possession.

Please splain me how I'm wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic