Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Syracuse QB

Jul 13, 2013, 11:04 AM

Well, like most on this board I know almost nothing about Syracuse football other than it plays in a small dome and Donovan McNabb played there years ago.

I was working with a customer of mine yesterday who is a huge Oklahoma fan. He said that one of their QB's transferred there and will start. 6'5" 240 pounds that has a cannon in his words. I looked on their site and he is not listed on the roster, but he said he will start.

I think we still roll Cuse, I like our chances with our speed on that turf.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^

Jul 13, 2013, 11:05 AM

Forgot to mention name...Drew Allen

Re: Syracuse QB

Jul 13, 2013, 11:10 AM

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/06/syracuse_quarterback_drew_alle.html

Wonder why he's not starter at OU?

Jul 13, 2013, 11:11 AM

I'm not worried....

Re: Wonder why he's not starter at OU?

Jul 14, 2013, 12:39 AM

Blake Bell is the reason he transferred. The kid is a tank-6'6'' (he's so tall) an 265 lbs. I don't know why they don't compare him to Cam Newton, seeing as how he's probably a better passer and runner than Logan Thomas. Drew Allen is a good talent though. He could help Syracuse have a "good" season. And by that I mean like 7-5 or 8-4. I'm not worried about them.

Re: Wonder why he's not starter at OU?

Jul 14, 2013, 12:41 AM

Talking about Blake Bell, I mean. Drew Allen is still 6'5" 235 lbs, so he he's no slouch.

@ Cuse will be a close game. We are favored by 8

Jul 13, 2013, 11:11 AM

nm

good. bv spent a couple of yrs with him, and will know

Jul 13, 2013, 11:17 AM

his tendencies. we've got the upper hand!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's so TALLL!!!

Jul 13, 2013, 11:32 AM

Has Heather met him yet???

Jul 13, 2013, 12:02 PM

Syracuse fan here. We don't really know who will be the QB yet. There was a lot of speculation that Charlie Loeb, a senior lefty, would be the starter but Terrel Hunt , a sophomore, is at the top of the depth chart coming out of spring ball. We expect the OK transfer, Drew Allen, to compete for the starting position but whoever starts will be a first-year starter. Our strengths will be in the running game with several returning players that had good season's last year, I.e. Jerome Smith, Prince-Tyson Gulley, and Adonis Ameen-Moore, and defensively. We expect to play well on defense though we're replacing a number of starters on both sides of the ball. There's a lot of excitement in the SU fan community for the Clemson game and we hope to play you tough. Other than our game, a lot of us are rooting for you. Just beat Georgia!

Jul 13, 2013, 3:49 PM

I cannot wait for this game, it will be my first Clemson away game (other than USuC). I hope the rest of your fans are as friendly as you are.

i don't think we have ever played another team with both

Jul 13, 2013, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse QB ]

a prince and an adonis on it! this will be a first, i am sure.

Jul 13, 2013, 5:09 PM

If this kid was so good he'd be starting and he has not. SU lost a tremendous amount from last year's team and our speed, vast superior talent, and pace of play will eventually bury them We win around 55-14. Too much Tiger speed, Taj will go crazy, and the D will give this kid fits!!!And I'm from Syracuse originally but now love my TIGERS!!

(wouldn't have mentioned the whole n.y. thing)

Jul 13, 2013, 9:02 PM

just being helpful.

Jul 15, 2013, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse QB ]

Care to make a wager on that score? I'll take that 41 pts in a heartbeat. The reason Drew Allen didn't start at OU is because he was behind Sam Bradford and Landry Jones (2 NFL Qb's)... Obv Clemson recruits far better talent than Syracuse at this point but Cuse does have some pretty good players.Our rb is the only returning rb in ACC who rushed for over 1000 yards and as stated above a defense should be pretty good. With those 2 things being the teams strength we sould be in every game as long as we don't turn it over...Good luck on upcoming season and does USC still have losing record overall? ##### Sux

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic