Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The question no one will answer, not even David Hood.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

The question no one will answer, not even David Hood.

Aug 8, 2015, 12:53 PM

and I have emailed David Hood, the Clemson Athletic dept and posted it here with no answer from anyone who knows. David Hood's interview with Coach Swinney did not tell me anything I didn't already know. The question is: Is it finished between Rashaun Smith and Clemson. Would Swinney take another commitment from Smith after he takes other visits? Will Clemson continue to recruit him or end it now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That question has been answered a few hundred times.***

Aug 8, 2015, 12:54 PM

Swine can't speak on individual recruits but yes...

Aug 8, 2015, 12:56 PM

After he is done with his visits we would welcome him back if he chooses to COMMIT.

How do you know that?

Aug 8, 2015, 1:01 PM

If you are right then Smith being taken back would make a mockery of Swinney's policy of commits taking visits. Other commited recruits would start decommiting to take visits, too. Swinney's policy would no longer have any teeth. I believe Swinney can't take Smith back and maintain his policy. The line must be drawn here or the policy means nothing.

You clearly don't understand what his policy is.***

Aug 8, 2015, 1:03 PM

Re: How do you know that?

Aug 8, 2015, 1:04 PM [ in reply to How do you know that? ]

Because it's against NCAA rules.....you should just stop try to talk about the situation, you either have no clue what you're talking about or doing a terrible attempt a trolling.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Because he has a higher IQ than you Kornblut***

Aug 8, 2015, 1:06 PM [ in reply to How do you know that? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2015, 1:06 PM [ in reply to How do you know that? ]

It just means your spot will continue to be recruited since it's now vacant. BUT Shaq is oversign worthy. You coots need to quit grasping for straws. It's not our fault Mark Fields and eight other recruits saw the light last season.

Aug 8, 2015, 1:46 PM [ in reply to How do you know that? ]

It does mean something. Smith is going to take an official visit to clemson and Dabo is going to be actively recruiting LBs. If we are full at the position when Smith is ready to commit he will be out of luck, if not he will be welcomed.

This ^^^^^^^ It's pretty simple.***

Aug 8, 2015, 9:54 PM

Just Dumb***

Aug 8, 2015, 7:18 PM [ in reply to How do you know that? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 8, 2015, 8:25 PM [ in reply to How do you know that? ]

somebody been drinking the DOO DOO water again! BEAT IT COOT!!

Aug 8, 2015, 8:33 PM [ in reply to How do you know that? ]

What I don't understand is; why isn't he taking his 5th visit to Hawaii...That's where I would go for a free weekend.......

Aug 8, 2015, 9:55 PM

lol. No kidding. Me too.

Aug 12, 2015, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you know that? ]

Hawaii...I hear people don't go there anymore because it's too crowded!

Stop asking stupid questions

Aug 12, 2015, 9:35 PM [ in reply to How do you know that? ]

and being stupid. This has been talked about everywhere, and anyone that keeps up with the Clemson program understands what is going on.

I bet you are a liberal.

Re: Swine can't speak on individual recruits but yes...

Aug 8, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Swine can't speak on individual recruits but yes... ]

WHY SHOULD HE TELL YOU ANYTHING? ARE YOU SOMETHING SPECIAL? IF YOU ARE YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT HE CAN'T TALK ABOUT RECRUITS.

Re: The question no one will answer, not even David Hood.

Aug 8, 2015, 12:58 PM

The last time we had this issue was when we had the number 1 recruit in the country committed to us and ended up going to old siss. I can't even remember his name. I think we ended up ok without him and I'll take Christian Wilkins over that clown at old siss any day. If Dabo makes it quite clear that he prefers a player not commit to us until he has finished his own recruiting trips, 17-18 years old or not, they should understand what he means. At this point I could care less if this guy comes to Clemson or not, because the last 5 star who didn't, wasn't able to keep us from having the number 1 defense in the country.

After reading this post, I've come to the conclusion

Aug 8, 2015, 12:58 PM

reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: After reading this post, I've come to the conclusion

Aug 8, 2015, 10:03 PM

Coots are too busy trying to find some "juicy" conspiracy about Clemson (where there is none) than to even attempt to half way understand recruiting. So no, they can't comprehend what they read. Even though it has been explained countless times on numerous threads, they STILL don't get it. They want it to be something it's not so badly that they are blind to the words on the screen.

That's what 3rd degree cases of chronic butthurt does to a chicken's eyes. Their butthurt is systemic.

If you really emailed the athletic department to ask this question you are a complete moron.

Rowdyman is Phil Kornblut***

Aug 8, 2015, 1:07 PM

Re: Rowdyman is Phil Kornblut***

Aug 12, 2015, 7:51 PM

You mean he's a sheep in wolf's clothing?

Yes they will recruit him and yes if he wants to come to CU then the coaches will take him. Dabo cannot comment on the kid so you are not going to hear anything from him about Smith.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2015, 1:44 PM

Ahhhh, but you're forgetting that you are talking to someone that their HC acts as if rules doesn't matter. That is why they will continue to recruit with no scholarships available. They will just tell the ones they don't won't the day before signing day, sorry, but all scholarships were taken!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2015, 1:02 PM

A better question is why wouldn't they except his re-commitment? Out of spite? Not hardly. This is big boy football. Dabo is just trying to make these kids understand the meaning of commitment and know that it is not synonymous with 'placeholder.'

Aug 8, 2015, 1:02 PM

Actually, that would be stupid on Dabo's part to answer your ignorant question. A good negotiator does not tell his plans to the other party. That would be totally dumb.

So next time you sell your car or home (if you ever own either), please tell me exactly everything that you know is wrong with those things, and what your absolute bottom dollar is before I actually think about making an offer. If you get rich, please remember those of us who want to take advantage of your ignorance.

See how effing stupid you sound even asking such dumbazz questions?

That's 3 Questions........***

Aug 8, 2015, 1:04 PM

Korncoot you're not fooling anyone...

Aug 8, 2015, 1:05 PM

keep on crying as you shamecocks (aka the titanic continue to sink)

Aug 8, 2015, 1:11 PM

All indications right now are that he plans on recommitting to Clemson after he takes his visits. And I don't think Dabos policy will be hurt by this. If you want to decommit, it is your choice. But your spot at Clemson may be filled by the time you come around again so be weary. I also think he is over sign worthy and one way or another I do believe he winds up at Clemson. This situation just doesn't feel like the nkemdiche fiasco to me at all.

The other unanswered question: Who bombed Pearl Harbor?***

Aug 8, 2015, 1:14 PM

Re: The other unanswered question: Who bombed Pearl Harbor?***

Aug 12, 2015, 7:55 PM

Why the German's of course...Faber College History Class #410 :WW I.

Good grief***

Aug 8, 2015, 1:14 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Just follow the

Aug 8, 2015, 1:41 PM

Yellow brick road and when you reach Oz the go to the castle. Once there ask the Wizard. He will provide you an answer. Or email Slurrier as he and the Wizard are one in the same. Make sure you tell him you are not the enemy!! Good luck and safe trip Rowdy!!

So.... Dabo OWES you an explanation huh?

Aug 8, 2015, 1:46 PM

What planet are you on? What kinda drugs do you do? Because clearly you're not thinking straight.

i hope they end it now tired of the drama***

Aug 8, 2015, 1:55 PM

Aug 8, 2015, 2:03 PM

Why would any of them reply to a Gamecock.

Aug 8, 2015, 2:20 PM

It is none of your dayem biz....

Here's another question no one will answer....

Aug 8, 2015, 2:21 PM

why are you--a chicken--on a Clemson sports board pretending to be a Clemson fan??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you should just drink a LOT of beer until football

Aug 8, 2015, 2:59 PM

season starts

null

Re: you should just drink a LOT of beer until football

Aug 12, 2015, 7:57 PM

I agree. "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily" Blutarsky, US Senator.

On behalf of Clemson Nation I beg your forgiveness...

Aug 8, 2015, 3:50 PM

We will get right on this and have an answer for you ...

like in a few years... Please... In the meantime hold your breath!

Thank you!

Aiki

No.. Really though ### do you think you are besides a COOT that can not focus on your own school and upcoming season, because you can not afford another visit to the hospital for attempted suicide.

I understand that most alcoholics focus on others so that they don't have to deal with the realities in their own lives. However son, this type of behavior is unhealthy. Please for the sake of all around you look at yourself and your beliefs... try to change before it is too late. Trying to fix others will not help YOU! Only you can help yourself.. Now run along and have a juice box and a cookie then a nap... you will wake up feeling better. Have a cry if you need to while you are on your matt.

Aiki

Aug 8, 2015, 3:57 PM

Smith will be a Clemson Tiger period. He wanted to go to some games and get away for the weekend, there is nothing wrong with that. He has contacted several clemson commits to let them know he'll see them in January. Clemson isn't going to offer anymore LB, and smith will make a official visit to Clemson. Coach Swinney told smith he could make all the unofficial visits he liked and still be committed, but no official visits. The kid can't afford those trips on his own, this is just a matter of time and he'll be a Tiger.

Why you would contact the clemson athletic department is beyond me, they cannot comment on perspective student athletes I'd think you'd know that.

I refer you to your own words....

Aug 8, 2015, 4:15 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17403904#17403904

Aug 8, 2015, 7:14 PM

> and I have emailed David Hood, the Clemson Athletic
> dept and posted it here with no answer from anyone
> who knows. David Hood's interview with Coach Swinney
> did not tell me anything I didn't already know. The
> question is: Is it finished between Rashaun Smith
> and Clemson. Would Swinney take another commitment
> from Smith after he takes other visits? Will Clemson
> continue to recruit him or end it now?

1.) Only Dabo and Rashaun know if it's finished.

2.) Unless some bridge burning took place, Dabo would absolutely take him back.

3.) Dabo's policy is that if you want to take visits that's fine, we still love you and want you.
Just don't commit to hold a spot and then decide later if you want to honor the commitment.
Dabo doesn't have a problem with the recruiting process. He just asks prospects not to commit
unless they're sure. Smith's not sure then Dabo says ok, go find out and let us know.

I don't think Dabo's that upset about this and I'd bet big money that Smith recommits...probably on the same visit with Shavar Manuel.

Thank you for the only intelligent response I received today

Aug 8, 2015, 9:03 PM

Deshaun Smith did say Swinney was upset when told he was decommiting. My concern is that if Swinney makes an exception for Smith, other commits will do this too.

It's been a most unpleasant day on this board as I have been attacked by so many juveniles calling me Kornblut and a coot. I am a Clemson grad of '63, my dad played tailback for the Tigers in the Class of '31. I'm 75 years old and resent being treated this way by a bunch of kids that need to grow up. I hesitate to ever come back until TigerNet can get control of these punks.

Re: Thank you for the only intelligent response I received today

Aug 8, 2015, 9:13 PM

OK, try not to get anything caught in the door, and of course come back soon.:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your 37% pulse suggests that maybe it's not all the punks'

Aug 8, 2015, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Thank you for the only intelligent response I received today ]

fault?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

well, it's Rahshaun; i 'magine that would have an effect.***

Aug 8, 2015, 9:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you for the only intelligent response I received today

Aug 8, 2015, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Thank you for the only intelligent response I received today ]

His name is Rashaun, btw. However, it is unfortunate that many who post an honest question, or seek a response to, or discussion of an issue that has already been beaten like a dead horse, and who unwittingly have no background on the tone, culture and attitude of those who participated in the beating of said horse, will often elicit derogatory and inflammatory rebukes of a personal nature from those who consider themselves more knowledgeable, or otherwise up-to-speed and "in" on the subject at hand. Childish, perhaps, but so it goes. Personally, I appreciate you and your father's history with Clemson, your love and support for all things Clemson, and wish you and all Tiger Nation nothing but continued success and beautiful Fall afternoons.

Go Tigers!

no wonder mr smith decommitted, it's Rahshaun...

Aug 8, 2015, 9:50 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I call complete BS ..... under your profile you list

Aug 9, 2015, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Thank you for the only intelligent response I received today ]

affiliation as NONE.

I have NEVER met a passive or ashamed Clemson grad.

I don't believe what you are trying to sell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

The question no one will answer...

Aug 8, 2015, 9:49 PM

where's 2012?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

these are the really important issues, there's a finite

Aug 8, 2015, 9:53 PM

number of spots available on the clemson tiger varsity football team as there is on team tigernet. let's hope newb doesn't get his offer pulled for making official visits elsewhere or missing important events.

newb's on the clock...

Who??***

Aug 8, 2015, 9:55 PM [ in reply to The question no one will answer... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not looking for trouble, Bob.

Aug 8, 2015, 9:58 PM

I heard what happened to your "friend" from last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

bob's a bad man. i hope wisetiger hurries back so he can

Aug 8, 2015, 10:00 PM

point out on the doll where the bad man touched him.

... I have a funny feeling bob's watching us right now.***

Aug 8, 2015, 10:01 PM

i hope so...

Aug 8, 2015, 10:02 PM

he paid good money.

just another sad story about a boy & his cat.***

Aug 8, 2015, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Who??*** ]

Re: just another sad story about a boy & his cat.***

Aug 8, 2015, 11:32 PM

didnt he say he was visiting Philly, poor guy is probably locked and being courted.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Man-Blames-Talking-Cat-for-Bank-Robbery-219991521.html

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you checked here? Hope it helps.

Aug 8, 2015, 10:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR64EF3OpA

Aug 8, 2015, 10:14 PM

The only way you're going to find out is if the kid signs with Clemson. Dabo can't mention the kid or make implications of his relationship with a prospect until he signs. No one will respond to any communication that is pertinent to a prospective recruit. They can't even mention a recruit's name.

That's an NCAA rule punishable by sliding down a 40 Ft razor into a vat of iodine. You aren't special so get over it, the rest of us are in the dark too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swinney can still give clarity on this without using a name

Aug 8, 2015, 10:43 PM

nm

clarity on what? "no player is bigger than the program"...

Aug 8, 2015, 10:51 PM

"clemson will always get/recruit good players..." and on and on and on...

what once was reserved, a spot in a finite number, is now once again open.

do you want coach swinney to tell RS to take a hike? that's stupid.

you act as if a Clemson offer or scholarship isn't a precious thing. They only make 85 of those and at most can offer/take 25 per cycle. they turn great players away every year, he said as much. it's #### precious.

really, what's to get other than why anyone would email the CUAD to get an answer that is already there?

You need to grow up..

Aug 8, 2015, 10:56 PM

punk

haha, you're right, but i was feeling it...

Aug 8, 2015, 10:57 PM

bich

Re: clarity on what? "no player is bigger than the program"...

Aug 8, 2015, 11:40 PM [ in reply to clarity on what? "no player is bigger than the program"... ]

arguing with a chicken gets us no more than clucks and egg-laying

haha, no doubt, but i wasn't using that 30 secs & i'd hate

Aug 9, 2015, 11:09 AM

to see it go to waste.

almost football Hendrix, can't wait.

Your response to my comment is in conflict with your OP.

Aug 12, 2015, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Swinney can still give clarity on this without using a name ]

In your Original Post you complained that no one would respond to a question about a specific player and I gave you the correct answer, the only answer you will get from anyone in or around the football or other Clemson sports programs.

Giving the information about a specific player, ie, naming names, violates NCAA rules. Clemson football would be in trouble if the information leaked.

In your response you stated that they didn't have to name names. If they don't name names how will you know who they are referring to?

The general knowledge is well known. Dabo says it against his rules. Each year kids break the rules in one way or another. Dabo seems to be as hard on the better players as he is on the others. As does any good mentor the repercussions of breaking the rules is customed to the violator not the violation.

The only specific news you'll get on a player will come from him or his family. The kid says he 99.9% Clemson. That leaves other schools an outside chance at getting him to change his mind. That's all we have right now. David's report and opinion is pretty dependable or has been and he says the kid is Clemson's. Sometimes you have to glean information instead of getting it point blank and clear cut. You've heard of reading between the lines? Read between the lines and form an opinion other than what I've given. I look forward to your response.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2015, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The question no one will answer, not even David Hood. ]

I just had ingunal hernia groin surgery and just reading your description the NCAA penalty make me shake!

You seem to have an obsession. Please

Aug 8, 2015, 11:45 PM

seek help.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Use a Private (paid mem.ship req) Forum to display your igno

Aug 9, 2015, 10:53 AM

and make derogatory comments about potential recruits if U R truly a Clemson fan

It doesn't matter. He's not considering your coots...

Aug 9, 2015, 11:26 AM

so why are you consumed with this?

null

Re: That information is released on a need to know basis.

Aug 9, 2015, 6:00 PM

You, sir, have no need to know.

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic