Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
york_tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

york_tiger

May 20, 2012, 1:14 PM

From what I'm following, it appears that Notre Dame has pushed and shoved their way to the front of the line. Now I'm seeing FSU and ND with no mention of Clemson...a far cry from what they were saying last night. What are you seeing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: york_tiger

May 20, 2012, 1:22 PM

Seeing that aswell but ND brings more than us although its fake things like more fans etc we might have to wait to be in the 13,14 go round of the big 12.

May 20, 2012, 6:23 PM

I think we are doomed to stay in the ACC!

Maybe so but it just seems like ND should be in the B1G.***

May 20, 2012, 1:29 PM

My guess is that only means they are going to 14.

May 20, 2012, 1:37 PM

According to Yorkie, we are already in and ND would be 13 along with somebody else, which the Big 12 should have no problem attracting one more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

FSU, ND, Clemson, and GT***

May 20, 2012, 1:38 PM

Yup.***

May 20, 2012, 2:14 PM

May 20, 2012, 1:42 PM

According to gswaim..the big ten is till in the lead feo ND. Fwiw

ND has suddenly become a big player... Big XII throwing all

May 20, 2012, 1:44 PM

they can to get them...

If they are on board, and they very well could be..

I think that means they are going 14 teams.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: ND has suddenly become a big player... Big XII throwing all

May 20, 2012, 1:46 PM

could we get left out if its ND and FSU, you think they would stop at 12

I think 14 is the #....

May 20, 2012, 1:47 PM

ND would be HUGE coup

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

This may be in line with the Pitt rumors.

May 20, 2012, 1:46 PM [ in reply to ND has suddenly become a big player... Big XII throwing all ]

FSU/Clem/ND/Pitt

Re: ND has suddenly become a big player... Big XII throwing all

May 20, 2012, 1:47 PM [ in reply to ND has suddenly become a big player... Big XII throwing all ]

DISASTER for CLEMSON!!! we get left out and we die with the ACC!!!! barker and swoffie win after all!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect, weren't you telling us how Clemson

May 20, 2012, 2:24 PM [ in reply to ND has suddenly become a big player... Big XII throwing all ]

was going to end up in the SEC just few months ago?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no.. you HAVE NEVER seen me say that... EVER***

May 20, 2012, 2:26 PM

You never claimed you knew for sure, but you said this...

May 20, 2012, 2:31 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10847096

and then this

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10847110

...which makes it look like you strongly believed something very different recently.

I would be interested to know exactly why you believe what you believe this time. Since you sound so sure and are risking your reputation over it.

you are right... and those were all opinions based on the

May 20, 2012, 2:39 PM

boards discussions at the time...

nothing like this...

Fair enough... but when you say "nothing like this" you are

May 20, 2012, 2:41 PM

begging the question, what is "this?" People on a message board would be wise to discard blind faith. So you are not leaving us with anything except skepticism.

"this"***

May 20, 2012, 2:42 PM

"this" meaning I know a few people who have told me a few

May 20, 2012, 2:42 PM

things...

only from the Bix XII side though... That's why I said that you never say never...

but that's what I've been told

Such few people are in a position to know anything

May 20, 2012, 2:49 PM

that it would seem highly unlikely that you know more than one of those people.

But even assuming you do...

it would seem unwise to leak this information on a popular website, because your connections would theoretically be under a gag order and such publicity could get them in trouble.

Not only that you are claiming to know ND joining the Big 12 is a "longshot" which would be a ND-specific bit of information, as you already claimed the BIG 12 wants them. So that means you are claiming to know something about ND's attitude.

The only reason I am pursuing this isn't to be hostile, but it is because this topic interests me as a Clemson fan.

check your tmail***

May 20, 2012, 2:55 PM

Re: check your tmail***

May 20, 2012, 2:59 PM

copy please?!

Me too, please?

May 20, 2012, 3:16 PM [ in reply to check your tmail*** ]

I wanna see what your guys are saying compared to the tweeters and bloggers. I assume there are things unknown to anyone but you and your sources. Anything that does not agree with bloggers/tweeters?

Just so people know, nothing new was offered as evidence.***

May 20, 2012, 6:14 PM [ in reply to check your tmail*** ]

The tweeters (Dude and Swaim) have already said Clemson to

May 20, 2012, 1:50 PM

the Big 12 is a done deal. It's just a matter of crossing i's, dotting the t's. The Dude and Swaim have maintained that for several weeks now.

Now the B12 is working to 'possibly' get to 14 teams. The latest that ND is in the B12 would mean 14 teams is imminent. Just a matter of who. My guess is GT.

Neither "yorkie" nor his booster buds know anything more than that.

Re: The tweeters (Dude and Swaim) have already said Clemson to

May 20, 2012, 1:51 PM

swaim is not saying that not all 10 big 12 teams are sold on clemson

Re: The tweeters (Dude and Swaim) have already said Clemson to

May 20, 2012, 1:53 PM

Greg Swaim ?@GSwaim
"@SteamboatDonkey: @GSwaim are all 10 on board to take Clemson?" // No.

Actually I thought York had a source inside of Baylor and

May 20, 2012, 1:52 PM [ in reply to The tweeters (Dude and Swaim) have already said Clemson to ]

their pay board guy supposedly has been posting all sorts of stuff on it.

There is also a leak out of Texas's pay board.

I think its these guys version of Cris Ard for what its worth.

good to know that you have sources about me....***

May 20, 2012, 1:54 PM [ in reply to The tweeters (Dude and Swaim) have already said Clemson to ]

Uum...

May 20, 2012, 2:06 PM

wrong its not a done deal and far from it

May 20, 2012, 2:01 PM [ in reply to The tweeters (Dude and Swaim) have already said Clemson to ]

The big12 is looking at who brings the most to the table and we are well down that list. We will need fsu help to get an invite and its my oppinion thatif ND joins we are less likely to get that invite. The big 12 guys are in the cat bird seat now and can take their time in who they choose. We offer good fan support but thats where it ends compared to other schools. Lets hope ND goes big10 or stays put or we may get stuck.

What in the hell are you talking about???

May 20, 2012, 2:24 PM

Louisville brings 40k avg to games and Pitt even less!? WTH Dude? CU puts more butts in the seat than any other ACC school and the fan base is very supportive! Give me something more than a casual we don't bring enough to the table! Guhl! 38th largest TV market (Anderson, G-ville, S-butg)!

Do you think only Acc schools are invoved?

May 20, 2012, 6:35 PM

There is also Miami to consider as well as Vt. You guys who think we are a lock to get an invite are misinformed. If ND accepts we will be odd man out. Personally i think ND will only go to the big if anywhere but still there are no locks here like some are saying. The big 12 guys havent even got that far yet with its first pick and some so called insiders have us as a lock already. They will take their sweet time with this cause they can afford to do so. If we get an offer it certainly wont be this summer.

I understand that ND brings more to the table

May 20, 2012, 6:44 PM

but no way in hell will you sell VT or Miami to me on that notion. Miami ~50k/gm VT 66k/gm and miami is considering cutting football funding. They ain't what they used to be. CU is packing 78k/gm and have a great travelling base!

Until those i's are dottet and t's are crossed, it is never

May 20, 2012, 2:15 PM [ in reply to The tweeters (Dude and Swaim) have already said Clemson to ]

a done deal. Ask Missouri about their going to the Big10 and then Nebraska decides they want the spot. Watch out for Clemson to get nosed out here. If Notre Dame or even GT with the Atlanta and Georgia market wants in, all of our groundwork, if any will go down the drain.

Swaim has not said its a done deal for Clemson

May 20, 2012, 2:22 PM [ in reply to The tweeters (Dude and Swaim) have already said Clemson to ]

He has actually said the opposite.

wow....what are the hard feelings from the "no" votes based on towards Clemson?" // question on revenue

i thought clemson agreed to a b12 deal?" // That's not been reported by us...yet, at least.

Not ready to say #FSU & #Clemson a done deal package to the #Big12 just yet, as none of my sources will confirm. But if they do we'll report

Anybody think ND will settle 4 graduated revenues like TCU?

May 20, 2012, 2:01 PM

I don't think Clemson will either. A top ten fanbase and 1st class program says NO.

This could be about posturing to see if anybody would settle for less than a full first-year revenue share.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No chance of that. Notre Dame is not going to the Big 12...

May 20, 2012, 2:25 PM

Notre Dame stays independent or goes to the ACC with Rutgers. If ACC falls apart, they will finally give in to the B1G's many propositions.

There is no chance ND stays indy.

May 20, 2012, 2:39 PM

They might join the ACC if everybody stays put though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic