Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Strong Lesbo parenting skills. Jimmies ruslted
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 714

Strong Lesbo parenting skills. Jimmies ruslted

Mar 11, 2013, 8:17 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/17/controversial-therapy-for-young-transgender-patients-raises-questions/

A lesbian couple in California who say their 11-year-old son Tommy who wants to be a girl named Tammy are giving their child hormone blockers that delay the onset of puberty -- so that he can have more time to decide if he wants to change his gender.

The couple’s supporters say the Hormone Blocking Therapy has only minor side effects and is appropriate for a child who is unsure of his gender. "This is definitely a changing landscape for transgender youth," said Joel Baum, director of education and training for Gender Spectrum, a California-based non-profit group. "This is about giving kids and their families the opportunity to make the right decision."

But critics of the treatment say 11-year-olds are not old enough to make life-altering decisions about changing their gender, and parents should not be encouraging them. They say it’s too soon to tell what the side effects of the treatments may be, and they say Tommy’s parents, Pauline Moreno and Debra Lobel, are irresponsible for seeking them and allowing them to be administered.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

plus it gives the kid time to pick a sport to play

Mar 11, 2013, 8:24 AM

so he can dominate/beat up girls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: plus it gives the kid time to pick a sport to play

Mar 11, 2013, 8:30 AM

Re: I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Mar 11, 2013, 8:36 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html

This is the reason some people don't want same sex parents***

Mar 11, 2013, 8:39 AM

That's smart since opposite-sex parents always make good

Mar 11, 2013, 8:47 AM

choices for their children.

#ACCFTS

Re: ban children***

Mar 11, 2013, 8:52 AM

Safest solution***

Mar 11, 2013, 8:54 AM

Re: CS02 has a sad***

Mar 11, 2013, 8:54 AM

of course, that doesn't respond to what he said at all

Mar 11, 2013, 10:49 AM [ in reply to That's smart since opposite-sex parents always make good ]

although I don't think that's a very good way of saying that removing sexual complimentarity from the qualifications of marriage actually demeans sexual difference. The way AdamDo said it makes it sound like kids might "catch the gay," or something like that... although I think we might expect children raised by gay couples to have some different ideas about gender.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does not matter if someone is gay or straight, the fact

Mar 11, 2013, 9:10 AM

remains that you cannot fix stupid.

Re: It does not matter if someone is gay or straight, the fact

Mar 11, 2013, 10:07 AM

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/05/25/toronto-parents-hide-childs-gender-in-bid-to-for-neutral-treatment/

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Yeah, I remember way back in middle school when my

Mar 11, 2013, 9:45 AM

friends and I would take a break from playing wall ball, the topic of our gender identity would always come up. We were soooo confused back then. At first I was like boy, then girl, I was sooo confused. So were ALL of my friends. Everyone was confused. We didn't have a LGBT community to make everything simple and the choices easier for us. And now they have hormone replacements? How wonderful.

wtfistheworldcomingto.com?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gender is a social construct, didn't you know that?

Mar 11, 2013, 10:45 AM

It's unjust to make someone live with the body they were born with if we can use plastic surgery to make them look and feel like whatever it is they think they are in their brain. Totally healthy. Nothing wrong with that at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have often wondered it would be like to be a hot chick

Mar 11, 2013, 11:48 AM

and I wouldn't have to work.

Replies: 14
| visibility 714
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic