Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop all the hate on Martavis Bryant...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 837

Stop all the hate on Martavis Bryant...

May 10, 2014, 11:07 AM

Bryant was initially given a 3rd round draft grade, and over the past month he was being predicted to go in the 2nd round. Players drop all the time in drafts for different reasons. The reason for Bryant is most likely he didn't play a lot until his junior season. That being said, there wasn't info out there that this would hurt his draft stock. Bryant didn't make a rash decision. He was given info from credible sources that he would be gone by the third round.

Bryant helped Clemson win it's first Orange Bowl in 32 years. And some of y'all need to learn how to show appreciation for that. Also, Bryant should be commend for maturing over the 2013 season. He got suspended for the PeachFila Bowl, and came back and did what Dabo asked of him.

Honestly, I don't know why some of y'all even follow Clemson sports. For a lot of posters on TNet, they want to see Clemson fail and see Clemson players fail at the professional level. You really, lead a sad and pathetic life when you attack a player that played an integral role in bringing home an Orange Bowl trophy for Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO he could have come back this fall to be....

May 10, 2014, 11:18 AM

our top receiver and be in a better position in next year's draft.

But I agree there's no reason to bad-mouth him. It was his decision and he'll live or die by it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think anyone is "bad mouthing" him

May 10, 2014, 11:26 AM

I just think people think he made a bad decision and got some bad advice. Based on results of the draft, I would say that happened.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Martavis made the right decision for him

May 10, 2014, 1:35 PM

As a Tiger alum of 1986, I support him and appreciate his years at Clemson. Tajh made a decision to focus exclusively on Sammy and Nuk in big moments and it cost Tajh's draft status and also impacted Martavis' opportunities.

There are no guarantees that Martavis would be #1 next year in Clemson. But he will have better training and opportunities with Pittsburgh who needs a log threat with Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders traded. Great situation for Bryant in Pittsburgh to make early splash. Negativity of Tiger Board is all about stockpiling resources at Clemson, but my take is putting the players and their families first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 837
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic