Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop Calling Out "Real Tiger Fans"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Stop Calling Out "Real Tiger Fans"

Oct 2, 2015, 4:55 PM

That is crazy! There isn't a Clemson fan alive that wouldn't love to be at the game. But being safe and being a good family man is also important. Dragging your kids out in the rain isn't ideal. Missing soccer games isn't ideal. Being 11 hours away isn't ideal.

Just thinking about driving 11 hours tonight to be there should qualify someone as a real Tiger fan.

It's pretty hard to call out Tiger fans who sat through crappy seasons and games vs Furman and East Tennessee State. Missing one game doesn't make you a fair weather fan.

For those going, I envy you. The Tigers need you. I need you to be loud!

Good luck!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know why you are so sensitive about this.***

Oct 2, 2015, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know why you are so sensitive about this.***

Oct 2, 2015, 4:59 PM

I am a sensitive guy! Hugs all around!

Re: I know why you are so sensitive about this.***

Oct 2, 2015, 5:06 PM

I'm with you.

10 hours away + new baby + wife not working right now + $ tight = Watching Game at home

THIS SUCKS!

My son better appreciate this sacrifice.

Dood,

Oct 2, 2015, 5:11 PM

you just made my prayer list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for good sensitive of humor.***

Oct 2, 2015, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I know why you are so sensitive about this.*** ]

The truth hurts.

Oct 2, 2015, 5:07 PM [ in reply to I know why you are so sensitive about this.*** ]

But we are now past Atlanta and only 90 mins away from Tiger town! An earlier start time would have been nice but we are driving a 4Runner and bringing all our Gore-Tex gear.
Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You cannot find any more devoted Clemson fans than my

Oct 2, 2015, 5:12 PM

parents. They are in their mid-70s and attend all home football games and more baseball games than I do. However, driving home at 2:00am in the morning over rain-swollen creeks on country roads is not safe. They have chosen not to come to the game.

So, I completely agree with your sentiment.

Message was edited by: CUTiger1989®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Agree your parents made the right decision

Oct 2, 2015, 5:40 PM

+1 for their terrific dedication! Hopefully, they sold their tickets to Tiger fans!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks! They didn't sell them. I have them and have given

Oct 2, 2015, 9:55 PM

them to Clemson fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Stop Calling Out "Real Tiger Fans"

Oct 2, 2015, 5:15 PM

I don't understand this either. Here in the Columbia area they are calling for flooding, power outages, and trees down. They are urging people to stay in their homes. Now, I have no way of knowing if this will actually happen. But, urging 80,000+ people to get on the roads in this weather is insanity. And it's dangerous. And if the weather is as predicted (I said "if") then some people are going to get hurt. If you think it's too dangerous, then screw everybody else.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2015, 5:36 PM

Then the game should be cancelled. Period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2015, 5:49 PM

If it wasn't for ESPN and millions of dollars at stake it would have been. But, if some people get killed or badly hurt on the highways tomorrow there will be a lot of questions to be answered. Let's hope none of that happens. And let's hope the Tigers win because it appears that the game is going to happen no matter what.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just GIVE the tickets so some willing CLEMSON fan

Oct 2, 2015, 6:13 PM

and I have no problem with you if you can't go. Use the ticket exchange and find someone willing to sit in rain and endure the torrential rain (and it is a cold rain).

If someone wants to give me two... I will take my boy and drive the 5 hours in the rain and sit in my orange rain gear and cheer my tigers to Victory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm starting to feel like a bad mom for bringing my poor son

Oct 2, 2015, 6:17 PM

Along with me.

Hmm ... Yep, no. No I'm not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic