Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stoops to FSU feels like Richt to Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Stoops to FSU feels like Richt to Miami

Nov 5, 2019, 8:57 AM

...sounds good on paper but does the coach really want to do it anymore? Stoops left OU in good standing but didnt want to coach football until he died (if I remember right, he said something like that).
Much like Richt, who only stayed 3 seasons at Miami... you wonder how much Stoops has left in the tank?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree. He'll give FSU credibility, but Dabo owns him and FSU.

Nov 5, 2019, 9:00 AM

Go ahead and hire Stoops. I love when our opponents go for short term 'quick' fixes and find themselves right back where they started a 3 or 4 short years ago.

Re: Totally agree. He'll give FSU credibility, but Dabo owns him and FSU.

Nov 5, 2019, 9:25 AM

Go ahead and hire Stoops. I love when our opponents go for short term 'quick' fixes and find themselves right back where they started a 3 or 4 short years ago.

You could be right, but Richt was shown the door, while Stoops left on his own and with a winner reputation in big games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see your point, but if you research his time at OK

Nov 5, 2019, 10:07 AM

you'll see that he was good the first 4 years and basically dead in the water after his brother Mike left. If they reunite at FSU it might be good.

No question he's a reputable coach and highly respected. But we have Dabo and staff, and Stoops is 59 years old. Is this going to be another retirement plan ala Holtz and Spurrier at SCar, or is he going to have the fire to turn around the most afflicted program in the nation? Could go either way.

Ha! The ONLT reason Stoops would take the FSU job is he

Nov 5, 2019, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Totally agree. He'll give FSU credibility, but Dabo owns him and FSU. ]

wants another shot at Dabo. But, much like Seinfeld with Elaine, his "another shot" will be a bust. And he won't enjoy it like Jerry probably did. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like our chances with Venables still on staff.. if anyone

Nov 5, 2019, 9:58 AM

knows the Stoops boys its ole Brent.

Re: Stoops to FSU feels like Richt to Miami

Nov 5, 2019, 10:56 AM

I don't know if they will hire Stoops or not, but I have been to several Oklahoma/Nebraska game when Adrian Peterson was playing. From the time Oklahoma came onto the field for warn-ups until the end of the game his team was very organized and disciplined. He might be what FSU needs to create a better culture there ..... plus I think he pretty much despises the SEC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 1:47 PM

My main reservation about Stoops is also whether he has enough left in the tank.

Other than that, this would be a grand slam home run for FSU and should shut up folks who wanted Taggart to finish the year.

Even if he's only there 3-4 years, Stoops will leave the program in very good shape long term.

Nov 5, 2019, 4:36 PM

Does Stoops realize that he has to get curb-stomped by CLEMSON every year if he takes that job? No wonder it requires such a huge buyout. Nobody in their right mind wants to look so pathetic at coaching. It might end their career at this level, so the buyout needs to be HUGE.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic