Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still here buddy!!
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Still here buddy!!

Jun 9, 2018, 10:56 AM

Appreciate the interest and I'll go ahead and jump right into it. The 2019 class continues to grow and we've already landed some really impressive recruits. I'm really big on our RB commit, Chez Mellusi (6-1 205) of Naples, FL and the hope is that he becomes our next big bruising back. That'd be nice, wouldn't it? Also, don't forget about 2018 RB commit Lyn-J Dixon cause I think he'll see some time this season.

Many times people ask which recruit has the biggest potential and my answer for this year hasn't deviated- it's WR Joseph Ngata (6-3 200) from Folsom, CA. There's a ton to like about his game with his burst, physicality and elite top end speed. Plus he's no slouch when it comes to blocking for the run game and ya just don't see that everyday. I can't tell you how elated I was when we offered him and he should be making a return trip to campus soon. As a junior last season, Ngata tallied 81 receptions for 1,777 yards and 26 touchdowns.

If we do take another TE I'm hoping that it's Keon Zipperer (6-2 240) of Lakeland, FL. He's Jordan Leggett with another gear and is my top ranked TE in this class. Miami is pressing hard for his services but we're still in the mix.

I get a lot of emails regarding o-line recruiting and I keep reminding folks that it's still relatively early- although who doesn't love an early commitment. The one I'd watch for here is probably Jake Hornibrook (6-4 275) out of Pennsylvania. He's a teammate of current Tiger LB commit Keith Macguire. Hornibrook appears to be down to Clemson and Wisconsin with a decision coming soon.

If you're keeping tabs on camp you've probably noted that Florida o-line teammates Adrian Medley and Hunter Rayburn have been in town. I like our chances here with this duo but I think we'll know more very soon. With no certainty I'd say it's down to us and the Aggies- with FSU and UCF also being potential contenders. The Gators are also making a late move here too.

Clemson is one of 42 schools to offer five-star offensive tackle Devonte Dobbs and our Tigers recently made his Top 8. Dobbs has visited here three times and his last visit was about a month ago. After landing big Jackson Carman last year, I wouldn't count us out in landing this elite Michigan prospect and distance will not be a factor. “I talked to Coach (Robbie) Caldwell, the OL coach for a while, and he joked that I was scared to come down south and leave home and I told him I wasn’t,” Dobbs said.

Alabama and Tennessee may appear to be the current big players for five-star lineman Darnell Wright but Clemson is also in the mix. The elite tackle is planning his visits and the hope is that he'll swing by Tiger Town. Clay Webb appears to be SEC-bound but he's no stranger to Tiger Town. He's probably the best center prospect we've seen in some time. Webb could be a visitor next week so that's a positive sign for us. “Visits for me now will definitely be about relationships. I am just trying to improve my relationships with coaches and players and just trying to see how I fit in the spectrum of things."

I wouldn't say we're out of it for elite lineman Harry Miller but it looks like his Top 5 would consist of Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, Notre Dame and Stanford. He's easy to like with all the mission works he does and he's one heck of a prospect. Miller just seems like a Clemson man and hopefully that happens.

Feel free to hit me up on Tmail any time and have a wonderful weekend!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic