Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steward and Boulware
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Steward and Boulware

Oct 13, 2014, 10:30 AM

I noticed Boulware is listed #1 and Steward #2 for BC. I hope this is just to help Tony fully recover. I know Ben is a good player, but Tony earned the starting job and has been a really solid player and leader this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need confirmation of something: Earned ??

Oct 13, 2014, 10:36 AM

What does this truly mean in the context of football where the BEST player should always play ?

Who gives Clemson the best chance to win a game, is it the player who has this EARNED plague by his name or is it the player who performs the best come gametime ?

I know Tony has been through many injuries and has not fully reached the potential he came in with, but lets face facts. If he is the best player at his position and is not injured he should play(regardless of earning anything). I'm pretty sure Ben has practiced his ### off as has all the other Clemson players. Somewhere there is a Senior on our bench who has EARNED playing time, but you must also perform or you will be on sidelines watching.

Always be ready, but Earned is too vague when used in sports context.

That being said, Go Tony, Go Ben, and Go Tigers!!!

"Earned" can include "best player at his position"

Oct 13, 2014, 10:43 AM

I don't see why there has to be an opposition there. Seems like to me Steward would be the starter if he was fully healthy, but our coaches may be easing him back in. The guy has played great this year, and he's not going to sit the bench if he's 100%. It's still nice to have a guy like Boulware to come in there and make some plays when the starter's out, and who can even start a game himself when the regular starter's not back to 100%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Earned" can include "best player at his position"

Oct 13, 2014, 11:38 AM

First, just because Boulware is the starter does not mean Steward will not see significant PT, assuming he is healthy. If the way coach V rotates players it doesn't even mean that Boulware will get more PT than Steward.

Second, Steward has earned the starting job, and not because he is a senior. We have seen Boulware play in almost every game this year and even though he had a decent day Saturday he screws up just as much as he comes up with a big play. If you have been watching the LB's, Steward has been way for consistent than Boulware and is light years ahead of him when it comes to pass coverage. Steward won his job through his play in practice and during the game, not because he is simply a senior.

Hamstrings are nagging.

Oct 13, 2014, 10:36 AM

better to have him 100%

Bouleware will be fine.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Hamstrings are nagging.

Oct 13, 2014, 10:38 AM

Steward has played outstanding, so yes, EARNED.

Re: Hamstrings are nagging.

Oct 13, 2014, 10:44 AM

He has played well, but has missed his gap assignments at time this year that have been covered up by great Dline play. Ben has done the same thing, it will happen at times but EARNED is a term I have a problem with. Best player, period! I think Cole EARNED(again, in context of sports it has no place) the starting job based on years backing up Tajh and his knowledge of playbook, but now we all know Watson was the better QB, right ?

I love Tony though, hope his injury is minor and they are just using caution with him which is understandable.

Go Tigers!!

Yeah, but not as much as dumpers and couchcoaches.***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Hamstrings are nagging. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Steward and Boulware

Oct 13, 2014, 10:39 AM

Steward hasn't been the same since he hit that other driver

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2014, 10:46 AM

R u kidding me? First of all, I am a big Tony Stewart fan. All that he has gone through these past few years.

However, we don't win Saturday w/o Ben Boulware on the field. He played fantastic. He will be the defensive player of the week in the ACC. Let's hope that Tony's hamstring heels quickly. Then, we will have at least 3 excellent linebackers. Think about the depth it will create.

For the life of me, I cannot see how Venables can keep Boulware off of the field. Unless, it is to give him a breather.

If you were a big fan of his

Oct 13, 2014, 10:51 AM

you could at least spell his name correctly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom line is that we will need both of them.....

Oct 13, 2014, 11:29 AM

We too deep!

Oct 13, 2014, 11:52 AM

I really like all the back-handed compliments for Boulware. Yeah - he's 'okay', yeah - he will be fine until Steward comes back, etc. Pathetic recognition of a job well done. I hope you guys with your worthless compliments never, ever plan to manage anyone. My guess is that you won't manage them very long.

That said - BOULWARE is freaking awesome. He needs to start and Steward needs to EARN the job back. BOULWARE has earned it IMO.

Boulware is just better though. Steward doesn't seem

Oct 13, 2014, 12:05 PM

to make many plays.

I'm not basing this on just last Ssturday. I said it after UNC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic