Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big 12 dishes out UNC style punishment to T Turbeville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Big 12 dishes out UNC style punishment to T Turbeville

Nov 13, 2012, 8:10 AM

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8624085&wjb

DENVER -- Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby publicly reprimanded Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville on Monday for his incident with a graduate assistant on the sideline of the Red Raiders' overtime win against Kansas on Saturday.

Tuberville ripped the headset off graduate assistant Kevin Oliver.

Bowlsby said he doesn't consider Tuberville's action Saturday "a slap." Bowlsby said that as he far as he is concerned, the matter is closed.

During Tuberville's interview with the media Monday, Tuberville called his actions "unfortunate" and said he had apologized to Oliver.

Video of the confrontation went viral on the Internet on Saturday. It shows Tuberville angrily facing Oliver and appearing to strike him after the Red Raiders had difficulty getting the right personnel on the field.

Tuberville said he did not strike Oliver. He said he reached and pulled on Oliver's headset.

"I've got to hold myself to higher regard than that, and usually do," he said.

Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt could not immediately be reached for comment Monday. There was, Tuberville said, no discussion about the incident Sunday with Hocutt or the university's president or chancellor.

Players seemed to stay out of the fray.

"I have no idea what that's all about," quarterback Seth Doege said. "I know just as much as you do."

Asked about being under the often-televised microscope of being a head coach, Tuberville says he talks with his players about being careful.

"And then of course in the game, we always talk about play with class, try not to make those kind of mistakes that are sometimes made that you regret," he said. "The celebrating things. I think that's important. You don't talk about it just one time a year. You talk about it each week."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

His wrist must hurt like hell***

Nov 13, 2012, 8:11 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot the problem? It is not him holding himself in higher

Nov 13, 2012, 8:20 AM

regard that is the issue. He does that quite well already as noted in his lying about the entire episode. The problem is he needs to hold others in higher regard, like that G.A. He showed no respect for that young man. Talk about narcissistic!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

what would swoff do???

Nov 13, 2012, 9:05 AM

It would depend on the school, of course...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic