Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Down 6 pounds in one week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 441

Down 6 pounds in one week

Feb 21, 2019, 9:06 AM

Three step plan:
1. Cut out fast food, cookies, diet soda (would eat fast food twice/day)
2. Add vegetables to every meal
3. Drink a TON of water

I'm sure it's all water weight, but feels good to see that on the scale.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8-10 lbs and it starts counting.***

Feb 21, 2019, 9:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dropped 4 lbs in 2 days

Feb 21, 2019, 9:12 AM

Three step plan:

1. Poop 7 times
2. Vomit 4 times
3. Don't eat

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I dropped 4 lbs in 2 days

Feb 21, 2019, 9:19 AM

The 7spots Diet

*Trademark Pending

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Fast Food Twice a Day? Holy sheets

Feb 21, 2019, 9:21 AM

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but it was Subway***

Feb 21, 2019, 9:22 AM

It was bad

Feb 21, 2019, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Fast Food Twice a Day? Holy sheets ]

Bojangles, McDonalds or Chick Fila for breakfast
If hungry at lunch, run to Moes/PDQ/Subway/Zaxbys
Cookies for late afternoon snack
Dinner of whatever was convenient

It's been a long time since a home cooked meal. Now ordering some food from Factor 75. Prices are high, but same price as eating out every meal. Easy to prep as only need to microwave.

Anybody have a wife that cooks that they want to share?

You don't want a wife

Feb 21, 2019, 9:55 AM

you'll trade the eating out for drinking

Hire a personal chef.

Feb 21, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to It was bad ]

Way cheaper than a wife.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a wife, and I started ordering Factor 75 for food

Feb 21, 2019, 10:31 AM

Somebody needs to run the cost/benefit analysis for a personal chef, au pair, bedroom partner, etc.

Sounds to me like you may want to consult one of our experts

Feb 21, 2019, 10:36 AM

for part of the formula.

Carlsbad®, think you could give tigerdave2 a pricing guide for his formula?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Jerry Reed teach you anything?

Feb 21, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to It was bad ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudY-kC4JOQ

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Started Keto on 2/9, down 12lbs as of this morning

Feb 21, 2019, 10:31 AM

Going to try to stay pretty strict for at least three months - my macros right now are 35C, 205F, 165P, but I've been about 200 calories under that on most days, mostly from less protein. The only thing I really miss so far is potatoes and rice - got to sub with cauliflower, which isn't that bad. Don't really miss the sweets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet you were tempted that first week fighting off cravings

Feb 21, 2019, 10:34 AM

You cooking everything yourself or have meal delivery? I started ordering from Factor 75 to help fill in meals that I miss prepping.

What do your typical meals look like each day? Do you use the ketone testing strips or just wing it?

35 carbs is hard to hit. I've seen some places where they recommend only 20 carbs.

Cravings were not too bad - I found a tasty keto drink at

Feb 21, 2019, 10:48 AM

Vitamin Shoppe that has helped with the keto flu symptoms - https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/ketones-probiotics-pineapple-14-82-oz-powder/ktg005

I got the Keto Mojo blood tester on Amazon, $1 per strip. Have the pee sticks, too - they tend to read higher than the blood strips for me right now.

I noticed when it went over the 35 carbs and under ate fat, my weight stayed steady. When 35 and under, with around 200g fat, losing about a lb a day this week. That's 35 total carbs, my fiber is supposed to be around 17g - so technically, I'm supposed to be under 20g net carbs a day, but usually only average around 10g fiber a day.

I been trying to cook a few keto recipes a week, but I still eat out, too - just go by restaurant nutrition guides or estimate. Just stay away from carbs - I've actually been eating fast food for breakfast this week. Sonic crispy bacon bowl, Mcdonalds sausage egg Mcmuffin without the bread, Lizards Thicket omelette. I eat vegetables at lunch and dinner, but breakfast is hard. I'd actually much rather have a smoothie in the morning with kale, avocado, other healthy foods - but I end up with 20 carbs in the smoothie, so I had to cut that out for right now.

I hate meal prepping with a passion, would much rather cook some recipes at night every other day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what do you weigh? If you don't want to tell us, just

Feb 21, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Started Keto on 2/9, down 12lbs as of this morning ]

tell us what you weighed before losing 12lbs.

#HIPPOrules, and all that, ya know?

Started at 237.5lb - now at 226, so technically 11.5lb

Feb 21, 2019, 10:53 AM

Trying to get to 185lb, circa Clemson student 1992-1996 - just trying to drop down to get better at bike riding. I been focused on putting on muscle before, but degenerative discs in back aren't so good for heavy deadlifts anymore - so, I'm going for the Tour de France look now, haha. My back never bothers me on the bike, just trying not to get killed by a 16 year old girl texting and driving...

In that case - just stay fat

Feb 21, 2019, 12:01 PM

100% chance you will be hit by someone texting and driving, so why not just keep the extra padding?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

If cauliflower were the same price as taters

Feb 21, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Started Keto on 2/9, down 12lbs as of this morning ]

he 11, nobody'd be fat. That stuff is the shizzle roasted.

Man, in the last 4 months I have discovered that I like

Feb 21, 2019, 10:49 AM

broccoli and then last week I made cauliflower by steaming it and then blending it with some olive oil and I sweater gawd, it was as satisfying as some mashed potatoes.

You cannot take my Sweet Potatoes though.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hi Five w/ the dirty hand!***

Feb 21, 2019, 10:50 AM

Re: Man, in the last 4 months I have discovered that I like

Feb 21, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Man, in the last 4 months I have discovered that I like ]

chop up some cauliflower, bake it and mix it in with some quinoa and some olive oil and you have a super tasty and easy side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SheGUAR started making mashed cauliflower

Feb 21, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to If cauliflower were the same price as taters ]

little salt/garlic/rosemary....shit's delicious

How you get wife to cook?

Feb 21, 2019, 10:57 AM

My wife decided she can't cook and basically does zero cooking around the house. I cook everything. I like cooking but JFC, it gets old sometimes.

/rant

she likes it, and luckily she's pretty good at it

Feb 21, 2019, 11:04 AM

I cook a good bit less than I used to, thanks to work schedule....It wasn't MUCH, but I'm sure it helped break up the 'every single day' thing.

My wife likes cooking, but she only likes cooking

Feb 21, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to How you get wife to cook? ]

large meals.

So she's normally the weekend cooker.

I end up being the weekday cooking. I can throw some porkchops in the lodge and some mac and cheese with a side of vegetables in no time.

How to make her start cooking? Do what my wife did me. Only cook things she doesn't like.

did you mean 'hooking'?***

Feb 21, 2019, 11:08 AM

I sort of miss your Snaps of your cooking

Feb 21, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to My wife likes cooking, but she only likes cooking ]

in the most torturious way possible

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got you fam

Feb 21, 2019, 12:04 PM

[?IMG]

wood chow down***

Feb 21, 2019, 12:08 PM

Bet it tastes like cauliflower***

Feb 21, 2019, 12:20 PM

Re: Bet it tastes like cauliflower***

Feb 21, 2019, 12:21 PM

Before my wife quit drinking, I was the sole wine provider

Feb 21, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to How you get wife to cook? ]

since I came to Greenville often and could go by Total Wine. That gave me great influence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIL i'm Greenr if he had wrapped it up or pulled out.***

Feb 21, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to How you get wife to cook? ]

lucky boy***

Feb 21, 2019, 12:02 PM

OK, YUCK...but how's the mashed cauliflower???***

Feb 21, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to SheGUAR started making mashed cauliflower ]

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, YUCK...but how's the mashed cauliflower???***

Feb 21, 2019, 11:13 AM

sprinkle cauliflower with truffle oil and roast = excellente***

Feb 21, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to If cauliflower were the same price as taters ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TRUFFLE BUTTER, YOU SAY?????????????????????????????????????***

Feb 21, 2019, 12:42 PM

Truffle Shuffle

Feb 21, 2019, 1:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5whaRkuipU

I've lost 12 in 3+ weeks.

Feb 21, 2019, 11:41 AM

The first 6 or so were in the first week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but that's because you died

Feb 21, 2019, 12:20 PM

RIP

Replies: 41
| visibility 441
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic