Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry you got hosed a little....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,282

Sorry you got hosed a little....

May 29, 2018, 5:24 PM

but like us Tar Heels, hard to complain too much when the last time you hosted we didn't play well and couldn't defend our home field. Ours was probably worse than your situation only because it was mid-major Davidson.

Anyway, my take on the seeding was that they rewarded us for regular season ACC success and a super high RPI. I was worried we had too many losses and did not finish well, going 6-6 with all our losses (but PItt) being against NCAA tourney teams. And in taking FSU over you guys, they seem to go the "other way", rewarding the very hot hand at the end of the season over your regular season success. Almost like they said, "we are only going to give the ACC two "top 8's".

Only correction for this board, UNC did go 1-1 in pool play (lost to Pitt, beat GT), several on the board have posted we went 0-2.

Good luck and see you in Omaha......if our pre-exam break hitting comes back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry you got hosed a little....

May 29, 2018, 5:31 PM

We also had Ray Tanner kneeing us in the groin at every opportunity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 5:38 PM

If I'm not mistaken, we had the same ACC regular season record as UNC (with 7 more wins overall, and a semifinal appearance in the ACCC), but your regular season ACC success got you the top 8 bid?

We also got penalized for not playing UNC, but somehow you didn't get penalized for not playing Clemson?

Hopefully we play with a chip on our shoulder and prove them wrong for leaving us out.

Good luck in the tournament!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 5:57 PM

U lost 2 mid-weeks to unc-wilmington(a#4seed). We swept Dallas Baptist(#3seed). We beat #2seed s.carolina 2 out of 3. You had an out of conference loss to gardner-webb. We both tied for number of ACC wins. We went farther than u in ACC Tourny play. We had 7 more wins than u. It really shouldn't have even been close

May 29, 2018, 5:59 PM

Also, not many teams in the country were hotter than Clemson through the last month of the season. So your hot hand argument is invalid also.

May 29, 2018, 6:09 PM

Y'all have exams?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

^ Haa...that was priceless Bootie!!

May 29, 2018, 6:11 PM

OMG good!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just on the calendar, not for real.***

May 29, 2018, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry you got hosed a little.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 29, 2018, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry you got hosed a little.... ]

Y'all have exams?

Someone at Clemson or USUCK has the guts (ignorance) to try to pick an argument on academics..... really.

Just be satisfied you have the closest thing to Dean Smith I have seen as a football coach, and don't let your small brain overrule your real brain.

Good luck to the Tigers!

He was talking about athletes - maybe the

May 29, 2018, 9:10 PM

administration has fooled your fans & non-athlete students as much as they have fooled the NCAA about the fake classes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

delete***

May 29, 2018, 6:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the end of the day, it won't matter if we can't win...

May 29, 2018, 7:40 PM

our home Regional. I'd rather have our bracket rather than FSU's so it's not like seeding hurt us in the first round. This will only matter if we travel to FSU, and that point it's whatever because it'll mean we finally made it to a Super for the first time since '10.

May 29, 2018, 7:41 PM

Well we love baseball but it’s almost football season anyway

Im Sure Swofford and Tanner Were Lubing Each Other Up

May 29, 2018, 9:05 PM

and playing tummy sticks. That is how we got hosed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,282
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic